-
Posts
163 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by The NUT
-
Cheers gotta love that speedy response
-
Hey guys I know this is a little off topic and forgive me if its a stupid question, but when the battery is disconnected you dont lose your edit tune do you? It doesnt go back to the standard ford tune? Even though its only a matter of reconnecting the box...
-
Yeah that's a great idea. A few of us townsvillians were conversing a little while ago about tuning options up here, so I know there are a few guys on this forum from townsville and the north in general. Id be keen for a cruise to meet some of the lads up here! Cheers Nut
-
Hey mate is your car dropped? I have rapid yellow with the 19" phoon mags but yours seems to look a little lower and meaner..... Or maybe im dreaming
-
My Ba MkII has them, build time december 04 Cheers Nut
-
No sorry mate im located in North Queensland, Townsville to be exact. The standard clutch just wont take any form of punishment, so these were the two I am trying to decide between. I have not got definite prices yet but they are both around the $1500 mark unfitted. There is a place here in Townsville called Xtreme motorsport which get Mal Woods in, or I can just order the Wogs and get someone else to fit it. Just have to decide on one. Anyone else who has had experience with either of these clutches, your advice would be much appreciated! Cheers
-
Congratulations Dave!!! Mate the car had to do it, but I bet you didnt think it would do it before you opened it! I think that deserves some praise especially running a 10 up here in north queensland! Congratulations once again Dave to you and your stocker lookin rocket! Cheers Nut
-
Hey guys on thursday I finally got my car edited, tuned, Wog cooler and cold air. However when we began to lift the boost the clutch quickly quit and died, as soon as boost peaked it had no hesitations about letting go. I dont think the car is making anywhere near enough power for it to let go this easy but it has, SO.... I was just wondering whether many guys on here had fitted the Wog dual plate clutch yet? And how were they finding it? My choices at the moment are between the Wog dual plate clutch, Mal Wood stage 3, and Excedy heavy duty organic...... Was just wondering what everyone recommended and what would be the best option for my car. I want something that is going to be pretty bulletproof for between 250-300 rwkw, I dont think I will go over 300 (that's what they all say) Any help would be much appreciated guys Cheers Nut
-
Yeah very suss about North Coast Kustoms. Im sure the guys do great work there and I honestly cant comment because I have not had anything done by them, but im a little uneasy about letting a guy in his early twenties at my car. Time will tell I guess, hopefully they make some nice rides. I have got mine going in to see Blueboost (Collinsville Performance) next week for my mods. I am getting edit, cold air intake and a WOG cooler from Dave. So cant wait to see the outcome, only 5 more sleeps! So excited! Will let you all know how it goes. Im planning to get it dynoed after the work. Cheers Nut
-
that's what I figured, just wondering how much difference it may make? or am I better off sticking to the standard exhaust and saving the money for other mods? Cheers Nut
-
Hey guys, I have been around today getting a few quotes and ideas from some of the performance shops here in Townsville. The tuning shop which I am going with advised me to do the edit and a cold air intake as my base mods but definitely do not touch the exhaust unless I am also intending to do the injectors and fuel pump. After reading so much on this forum about how restrictive the stock cats are I really want to put a high flow cat in also with the above package. My question is - with an edit, custom tune and a cold air intake, will a high flow cat have a beneficial or detrimental affect on the cars performance? Cheers Confused Nut
-
Well I pick the car up tomorrow, hopefully all is ok. I originally thought the same thing about having 5x7" in the front, but I cant understand why they would advise me away from the considerably more expensive splits if they werent honest about sound quality. im confused Nut
-
I was talking to TMS up until a while ago but I am pretty sure he was intending on using the VCM suite, I think it is? Peter there seemed really awesome, but if North Coast Customs are using the genuine capa edit then I might have to have a good chat to them. Hard to know where to go to up here Cheers Nut
-
Yeah the package I am getting includes the LC6 with it. At first I was not happy about the idea of not having splits, but the audio guys have reassured me that the 5x7" sound better up front anyways (they have installed both). I have had previous cars done through them and they have been excellent so I trust them . I am having the LC6 installed along with eclipse 5x7" front and rear, eclipse amp and subs with custom box and mounting. So it will be interesting to see the final outcome. Hopefully all goes well, will advise of the final outcome. Cheers for the feedback guys Nut
-
Just wondering if you guys could clear this up for me - one of the car audio places which I visited to get a few quotes told me that you can't put splits in the front of the Ba/Bf falcons, is this true? I find it really hard to believe Nut
-
Hey guys, sorry if this has been posted before. I am looking at having a reasonable amount of sound gear fitted to my car but after the cost of equipment, installation and custom boxes etc. I am wondering whether I should put in an after market head deck or simply run the system off the standard unit. Will the after market head deck make that much of a difference to sound quality? Also dont know if I want to upset the look of the cars dash. Cheers Nut
-
I realise that, and thanks for the feedback. The only reason why I posted it is because it is really a loud clunk! Just wondering if any other guys had similar probs and that it wasnt anything immediately serious? Thanks anyways Nut
-
Hey guys, not sure if this has ever come up in forum before, but over the last month or so I have been getting a quite prominent clunking noise coming from the rear of the car whenever I go over a speed bump or a round about which is raised or something like that. Anyone had anything similar? Any ideas? Cheers Nut
-
There is so much information out there and it all gets so damn confusing! In the very near future im looking at doing some basic mods to my T and hopefully making around the 300 rwkw mark. My question is, at this power level is it in my best interest to simply take out the middle muffler and cat and replace with a straight through pipe and high flow cat; or, should I be looking at replacing the full system with something like a Difillipo turbo back exhaust?? Cheers Nut
-
Cheers for all the feedback guys! Yeah the standard brakes do look kinda pittiful under those massive rims, so hopefully I can score some brembo's or atleast the ford upgrades. I put a post up a little while back just enquiring if anyone was looking to sell theirs from their phoon, not expecting a reply (considering they are an extra on typhoon). But XRQTOR pm'd me and said his mate had just put 20" on his phoon and was looking to sell his. So I got REALLY lucky! He had only done about 5,000k's, and there is near perfect tread on the Dunlop SP9000's. They set me back $2750 which I thought was pretty reasonable considering they are basically new, not sure exactly what they are worth from the factory sorry. Cheers Nut P.S they are definitely 19's
-
Uh oh, how did I do that? Sorry guys
-
Hey guys, I was lucky enough to get my hands on a near new set of 19" phoon mags, which I thought would look great on my rapid yellow T. Well I finally got them on and here are the results. At first I thought they may have been a little dark but they have really grown on me, I love them! Now I am just chasing a set of the brembo brake upgrades to finish the package off! Thank you very much to XRQTOR for finding them for me, they were in perfect condition and arrived ahead of time. Let me know what you think Cheers Nut
-
Yeah see the meshman on ebay. I bought my set from him, top and bottom in stainless and it looks great! Fit like a glove, had good instructions, arrived straight away and is a relatively cheap aesthetic improvement.
-
I have had the same thing happen mate I think its acceptable for them to drive it, to check if the car is driving properly etc. But its not acceptable when the car comes back with excessive fuel consumption ie. the flogged it! Cheers
-
I will definitely be following up everything! Anyways the dealer was City Rockdale Ford in Sydney incase anyone was looking at buying a second hand car from there, check the car out properly first! Dont get caught like me.... And yes I do know where the jack is kept Cheers guys
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.