-
Posts
767 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
1
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by old_mate
-
Man after seeing how touch and go it was for Ella plus then the uncertainty as to what she may or may not have to deal with later on in life (she only got off the oxygen at 18 months) I wouldn't have wished it on anyone. She was a miracle. Now seeing what they are going through I wish they'd had another miracle. Hardest part would have been the instant where she was born but the doctors advised they hold her and let nature do its thing. At least with ella she was just far enough along to be whisked into the NICU and for all that process to happen; little Willow fought for a couple of hours before the inevitable. All Donna wanted in life was to be a mum. 6+ years of trying before going IVF and then all that was with Ella and then this. It's almost like she wasn't built for having kids which sh*ts me off because they are great parents.
-
Friends of mine for the last 16+ years having their second daughter extremely premature. Both IVF too. Ella is now 2 and thankfully has no issues (was born @24 weeks) but unfortunately little Willow born late last night @23 weeks didn't make it. Life really can be a sh*tful experience at times
-
yep that code is in the tune - had mine do it once and clint had to tweak it up a little. Or down. Or whatever tuners do.
-
sh*t it hardly moves! I had a nolathane centre bush once and it was sooo bad but I think that was because the outers were flogged. I ended up with the revised FPV outers and a superpro comfort - has been pretty good for the last 40,000ks but tuner noticed center bush is starting to flog itself last time it was on the hoist. CAT600 ones next I think
-
Sloppy Bush ! And Other Front End Weirdness !
old_mate replied to "Captain Retard"'s topic in Suspension and Handling
how much was all that bush goodness?? -
thanks for the offer. I'll be in touch.
-
exedy clutch kits for the zf 600 USD can't find them for under 1200 AUD here. Apparently exedy don't bring them in directly so there's about 3 middle men involved. Can't thus far find a US Dealer willing to freight to Australia. this pisses me off.
-
Turbosmart Actuators Are Rubbish ?
old_mate replied to genuine honest person's topic in Forced Induction Workshop
I think clinton at ProFile charged me 800 ish for atomics installed? this was a couple of years ago now. -
Turbosmart Actuators Are Rubbish ?
old_mate replied to genuine honest person's topic in Forced Induction Workshop
who said 300 plus just to run it up? call clint @ ProFile Autosports if you can get down to ormiston and ask him how much for a dyno run. -
lols was waiting for mtarearhousingsaresh*t.com lucky it was a simple fix
-
Turbosmart Actuators Are Rubbish ?
old_mate replied to genuine honest person's topic in Forced Induction Workshop
even just spend a few bucks and take it to any other shop and run it up on the dyno. -
check fluid level again.
-
I hope so. Although if they are doing road trials you would expect them to be testing interior functions in real world conditions. it's getting pretty late in the program as well
-
^^^ this apparently we wipe like chicks lol
-
we all know FGX is just one final tart up of FG however the fact they haven't touched the interior apart from addition of SYNC sucks the big one. bring on the mustang
-
most excellent thread. Envious of those who have 3 or 4 passes - I average about 7! 1 ply is the devil. Fold for sure. The clean break is one of those real moments where you feel like you have achieved something. I'll agree with the squat being the best experience - had a bit of an emergency one night on the side of the Bruce highway between Mackay and Rocky @2am after consuming a very dodgy pizza for dinner - gut rot level extreme but the resulting bowel movement was epic A topic that came up around a few beers with the lads recently - who wipes front to back and who back to front????
-
Turbosmart Actuators Are Rubbish ?
old_mate replied to genuine honest person's topic in Forced Induction Workshop
well. You could spend another 900 there or spend 900 at another tuner who will probably sort it all out. including a full retune from scratch. I don't like to bad mouth tuners whom haven't done wrong by me however three of my mates have now decided to go elsewhere after being long term customers of RDP - of which all spent bulk cash along the way. -
I bought his original one which had the same springs and ride was a little 'choppy' - especially when the stock shocks cried enough I believe a set of Monroe's with those springs are a very decent cost effective upgrade. I ended up XYZ coilovers and have thus far been very pleased except the shock bodies in the front have become one with the threads soooooo I'll need to pull them out for future height adjustments
-
Fg Front Suspension Creaking Lock To Lock
old_mate replied to 20pounds's topic in Suspension and Handling
ahhh yes the old 120k + FG creaking I have done UCA bushes - no fix but made the car feel a whole lot better. -
Tail Shaft Mall Wood V Cheeper No Frills ?
old_mate replied to genuine honest person's topic in Driveline Workshop
wow so many options. Hardy Spicer at Darra quoted 2k for a full new build with the upgraded rear CV and bigger center bearing; 480 ex GST to retube my shaft. 10SECN so your shaft is retubed but stock center bearing and rear CV? I am only looking to end up around 600rwhp and will bolt on some sticky tyres once or twice to run that 10 second / 130mph pass - don't want to overkill as you said before but then again don't want to do it twice because it broke -
Just going on previous numbers from those who have done it.
-
All sounds normal to me. My very first 3rd to 4th shift has always been a little slow im just used to it.
-
A mate bought a complete nizpro motor and trans from a wreck. He has had the trans rebuilt twice within 4000ks because his tuner cannot get the software right and nizpro don't want to know about it unless they do the tune. Both times it would slip on upshifts and burned clutches. Monsta Torque have rebuilt the box both times - first time back to nizpro specs which apparently are far and away different to what he has been doing in setting up the clutches and then the second time he set it up his way. I suppose I can understand nizpros stance on not assisting anyone else setting up their boxes (exception being XFT as I think development has been shared between both shops) they are obviously doing something a bit different that works.
-
Nizpro shaft is around 2200 yes. I know 6R80 input shaft was different not sure about intermediate? You don't often here of intermediate shafts snapping these days
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.