Jump to content

Grego.77

Member
  • Posts

    195
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Grego.77

  1. Yeah yeah theres some sweeping bends near my house and there off camber just select third and feed it and she smokes all 4 and in 4th too. Iv got really sticky tyres on her too
  2. This engine a 2 speed in a 3/4 chassis Cortina with big rubber watch the f out. Id say 8s all day long. Destroke it full grout fill methanol it manifolds and a bigger turbo and spin her up to 9k and she'll be in the 7s (maybe not all day but more than what a rotor could do) that's imo. 1 day someone will do it and with a few years more development (provided the crank holds up as there is no after market atm) Im pretty sure 6s which is up there with all the Big Blocks
  3. Guys I will put up videos and pics.... Including doing some all wheel drive hellies (yeah she does em) Just flat out atm with work and family
  4. These little 4L do make power like big cubed engines and seem (so far) to hold together. Iv just learned to accept this car drives me... I dont drive it. Once I learned that (about 4pm on the local motorway yesterday) Iv started to enjoy it Select desired gear Feed it slowly (rather than just bitch slap it) And just kick back and enjoy the ride. And if your mates want to jump in I give 10/10 marks it goes almost EXACTLY the same. Its like an electronically controlled big block
  5. Im actually starting to like this car. From day one Iv hated it. Iv mentioned in a few posts how unresponsive turbos are and its still like that. Guys were jumping up and down saying they will smash me in their turbos if I built an NA any day of the week blah blah. I still built it and if I compare it to an NA no this car wont. Its not that hard (for me) to make 8 to 900 ponies out of a big cubed engine you dont sit there with an NA hard on the brake waiting for spool or make sure your in that narrow power range or anything like that. NAs just do what u want when u want.
  6. Im a huge fan of the R series Nissans considering Im strictly an old school Australian/USA built car lover especially the R32. Very tough street cars with NOTHING that can catch them when built right that's gotta be a pretty good feeling. Yeah running stock rear CVs but upgraded the front and stock tailshafts. Nothing has gone wrong with them yet and Iv got spares ready to get built if they dont hold up.
  7. Cheers guys, Im hoping I can go this Wednesday coming but if not Ill try get a private run as I still know a couple of guys their but from what Iv heard security has been ramped up over the last few yrs. Im hoping for 10s and Im getting 10.7s on the G tech which used to be accurate over 17 yrs ago. But ay 10s 11s 12s it dont matter to me, its a 2.1T car with a pram and baby capsule in it and 10s 20yrs ago was a good time. Oughta give me some giggles
  8. Joe @ CMS done the 98 tune. Its a very high comp motor and to be honest I didnt expect anything over 300awkw but Joe being who he is in 1hr (only due to dyno problems) got me 330 awkw and Im pretty sure the man can squeeze more out of her. The economy is that of a Euro5 spec diesel with combined city/highway and the very often WOT Im getting 475km to 70L and im getting well over 700Km on the free way. So yeah a massive thanks to Joe and the boys @ CMS for the advice and tune its what I expected and than some.
  9. Ill mention the Tune shop after I go down the 1/4... I have not built an engine in 15yrs or so and all I can say is that the industry has changed dramatically. Ill ask whoever owns this site if I can mention all the idiots Iv had to deal with during this build. Its been my cost and time and although some ppl may find this embarrassing or feel that others should go through the same as what I have that's just not me If you get to know me and some guys on here actually do Im pretty sure they'll tell you that Im pretty upfront and call a spade a spade.
  10. Nothing wrong with my transfer case and if there is Im picking them up dirt cheap and its only a max of 30mins to change 1. By rights nothing should break. Engine has been built by me and although many lets call em haters thought I was fussy in my blue printing engine now has over 7000km on it and I dont have 1 drop of oil via blow by. Gearbox has been built by Joe at Crescent Motor Sports who is someone in my opinion a talented man and is in a league of his own as far as tuning and gearbox building goes. Front CVs are 2mm thicker than stock all bushes have been done and a couple had to get done again (Ill go into that later) rear diff is a genuine Truetrac tried and proven for the power Im making remember the 40/60 split. List goes on and on... My wallet aint broken iv gone through 2 tanks of E85 in 1 day driving extremely spirited. Just done my research and done it right the first time. Only thing Id like to do is to go through Joe to do a tune when he gets his all wheel drive dyno.
  11. I couldn't wait no more and made the decision earlier in the yr that before 2015 was over the TTG would be finished. Rang a well known tune shop in Sydney and asked can you tune a TT? They said yeah we've done heaps of them when do you want to bring it in? ASAP I said they said in the morning ok? (trust me when I say alarm bells started singing in my head) good work shops are usually flat out. Long story short on their dyno I walked in with 330awkw which is about right and after a few runs walked out with 460awkw with just 20psi boost... Dont ask me how Im making so much power on so little boost maybe their dyno put GST on the read out but the car does feel better... Goes kinda like my R1 on a bad day. She should get into the 10s they say. Wednesday we'll find out but I think the Creek is closed for this yr.
  12. And I dont know what it does to fuel filters as I have just reversed flushed and reused the originals. I cant see what the difference would be on an E85 dedicated filter??? They all have just fine steel screening inside of them.... dont they???
  13. Yeah look over the years I had heard of mechanics and back yarders putting about 20% blend of diesel in to clean injectors and if you put too much the O2 sensor can have a spit. Iv done it on an old Skyline 3.0l NA that had half a mil on the clock many many years ago and from barely running it sorted it out as good as a car with that kinda mileage can go and I also tried it on various others lets call em sh*t boxes and I can honestly say it cleans/lubricates the injectors. Engines will ping though under load till the diesel is burnt off. I wouldnt do it on a car that's worth repairing or recommend it. But it doesnt destroy engines as people have said.
  14. B&M sounds tough??? lol... They are... Been around longer than I have
  15. A mixture of diesel is actually what a lot of guys use to clean the fuel lines and injectors.... 20% mix. Iv tried it on an old car and yeah... it actually works
  16. Iv ran a B&M with thermo switch and fan on my TTG. Heats up fast and stays extremely stable at around 80 to 85. Mine fitted between the rails with plenty of ground clearance I believe the sedans have the exact same rail setup but more shallow (may have a clearance problem). No shifting problems. Im just not a fan of the ZF6 auto though full stop.
  17. While on the dyno It was hissing a bit of air, had an old $30 Chinese bov sitting around which fitted straight up and has solved the problem. The Chinese 1 seems to have a spring which is a bit to tough and now at low boost deceleration the turbo is making that anoying flutter sound. (very light throttle) But works when open so I guess it couldnt be doing too much damage. I hope
  18. Couple of weeks ago finally got some time on an awd dyno and after 4hrs of time spent fixing the glitches of the brand new Mainline dyno we got about an hour of tuning in. Made 335awkw and 1200nm of torque on 98 without trying before running out of time. Engine has been built for E85 with around 9.5:1 comp so Im not expecting too much more on 98 as its the wifes car but she should be in the 400s when we finish the tune on E85. Will post pics and the absolute nightmare Iv had building this car when done in the 400 club.
  19. My TTG can get down to the mid 7L per 100 if I sit on 85km/h Last weekend we filled her up and went from Campbeltown to Capertree (past Lithgow) she was loaded with 3 big lebos a sh*tload of guns, amo, food, water fuel ect drove up there spirited footed here and there done 2hrs of soft 4 wheel driving while hunting and drove back. On our way back I dropped into the weigh bridge and we weighed an incredible 2450kg! dropped everyone off and by the time I was home she was sitting on 10.2L after 440km of driving we still had just over 1/3 of a tank. TTG runs 3.46 diff gears an extra transfer case front diff and has 275/40 SUV tyres all way round bonnet scoop and small rear air wing wouldnt help with aerodynamics either. She averages 475km around town with a damn lot of WOT.
  20. Gday guys this has probably been answered a thousand times but cant seem to find the thread. My BOV which is a stock OEM lets boost out at idle and low rpms. Is this normal?
  21. Iv measured twice and bought once, not fault retarded piston manufactures put valve reliefs on the wrong side. Even if I ran a 0.650" lift cam on the exhaust side she still wont require those valve reliefs. Ex is purple that's measured @ standard lift on a standard cam .015 deck clearance .015" service limit left on head .012" head gasket roughly 9.3:1 comp ratio Its no problem this happens to a lot of built engines. Just needs valve reliefs cut on the CORRECT side. Cams are being adjust via Delrin on the tension side of the cam.
  22. Its got me bent over HARD!!!
  23. Looks like half a tooth is going to work lol... it lines up?? either that or I buy a 1.3mm head gasket and end up with 8.8:1 comp again.... I cant believe this motor...guess I can blow more $$ and buy atomic adjustable cam gears. If I was to do this again Id be buying the largest undersized rod bearings and give it a slight stroke or buy flat tops with just 5cc eye brows cut on all 4s. I don't even know why they put valve reliefs on the exhaust side when its the intake that has clearance issues. Im guessing my timing cover case aint going to fit either now??
  24. Mate my cams are miles out now!!! If I leave it the way it is my cams are way to retarded pretty much 0.0" @tdc if I go a whole link Im too advanced about 0.150" Im so far advanced I need to fly cut eye brows into my pistons????
  25. I went an Eaton Truetrac in my TTG... They thud slightly over stock. But hooks up each and every time.
×
×
  • Create New...