-
Posts
435 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by XR6TK1W1
-
Do what I did and put those peskey little blue LED's in them instead of the standard incandesant lamps. Makes it look a little more finished. :idea:
-
-
I just used a warping feature in Photoimpact. Not the best program for doing this but you can still have a play.
-
Just mucking around and thought what could be done with a minimal change and still look not to tossy. Heres a pic Tell me what you think.
-
CRO your traction control and Fog lights should light up. As for the window switches not a hard job if you have premium sound ( or you could pay a stupid FoMoCo prive to have Fairmont?XR8 sets put in ) As for the boot/fuel no they dont on Fairmont/XR/XT not sure about LTD. Mind you who the hell pops their boot or fuel cover when driving anyway? Most petrol stations are lit well and there is plenty ligth for that. As for the boot take a yoga class and learn to contort you body in stupid ways so you can bend around the wheel under the indicator stalk so you can see the button.
-
Cops are human like the rest of use I guess. Like most places of work there are the good and bad. I don't mind cops doing 115 in a 100 zone as long as that same cop dosen't book you a week later for the same thing. Some of the police use good judgement and if its not dangerous they leave you alone, others book you for 5 km over. Shame is if you report a speeding patrol car they ask how do you know they were speeding, if you say they were going quicker you have no actual speed to give them or if you say " cause I sat at the same speed as they patrol car " they ask you if you want a ticket as well. Just part of life I guess.
-
:lol: A HgAg GT would not suit the old man look remember. Would have to spend to much on a much more upmarket cardie!!
-
If this is true how do the euros and rice mobile get away with having a get home space saver type tyre? Geee I love NZ we don't have the option of a steel spare as the alloy is standard.
-
Just imagine what he could to if he had a GT or Turbo!!!!! :o
-
From memory aint the plugs longlife Platinum plugs and are very good anyways?
-
Friendly advice? More like giving us a lecture. I didnt know hes a cop but I guess that explains it. Theres always one Ex Expensive Daewoo driver that can't seem to loose his pen*s envy. Knowledge is power, therefore when an expert ( Officer of the law ) gives you a different perspective on things, shut your mouth take it in and learn. I know your new but sheeeesh, lighten up and I don't mean ya back tyres.
-
Don't worry as soon as you see that Gandalf isn't doing some lude, crude or insulting thing you will soon realise that it aint Ken at all. Plus hes Gandalf the white in return of the king, Damm now I'm gonna think Harasn.
-
having a red car I'm expecting some in later life but non yet. Ford used a very similar colour on some early 90's Lasers over here and they still look good 10 years on so I can't see a prob.
-
Purple is a girlie colour, that is why I picked another, not to say its all that ugly, just a colour that's kinda fugly, Look a citric or acid rush, a small reminder of the colour puss, Silvers nice, Its kinda fancy, not that purple built for nancys. blueprint rocks, it makes a statment, while purple blends into the pavment, naroomas there, brings some class, watch these T's as they fly pass, gongos green, ive said enough, the only colour that makes purple buff, Blood orange is bright, man its bold, not for the silver boys, they're to old, and then theres venom, the colour of mine, makes the car look so sublime, but in the end, theyre all just great, they built a T quicker than the 8, good on you ford for your colour selection, so we can bicker and make rejections, but the one real thing I love to see, is the colour purple, cause its differant from me!!! Happy motoring chaps!!!!!
-
I like to say 240,000 watts ( sounds cooler )
-
Nice pic but aint these cars ment to make everything else look like they are standing still????
-
You may think Plonklys a shocker, But be careful the dude is a copper, He don't own a T But that's fine with me, cause he tells us how we can come a crocker.
-
That dear should sue that car company. Wasn't that a DODGE that hit it? ( Sad I know ) Grandad always said " If ya can't afford a Ford, Dodge a dodge and push a Chevy"
-
How did the Cooper go? My missus wants me to rebuild one from scratch and have it go like the clappers but I thought turbo charging would be a bit hard on the donk. This is my first turbo car but I always wanted a Sierra Cosworth RS. Went in a heavily modded one once and couldn't believe the power. Non the less I'm more than happy with my XR6T.
-
is that a right or left hand thread Depends on what side of the wheel you are standing I guess.
-
I may not have all the figures right here ( since I can't find the mag ) but CAPA installed a Supercharger on a XR8 and I think it pushed 380Kw's or maybe more. Cost wise it was cheaper than I thought it would be. I think it was in the area of $7500. Made the old Falcon do 0-100 in 4.8 secs from memory. Hate to see what would be left of the drive gear in a years time though.
-
Shouldn't be long now Ken, You must be getting close to 3000 years now wouldn't you? :D
-
Sorry mate I wasn't dumb struck, just struck dumb at birth. I also think Blood orange only looks good on the ute and GT.
-
an update on the above.... oil - was down to 3 litres, nothing unusual found, just advised to keep an eye on it until about 15 000 k's overboost - no problems found, no errors in ECU, couldn't do anything creeky steering, did a bit of standard "cleaning up" of the rack etc rattling exhaust - heat shield had half come off Mate 3 litres!! These things hold 7 litres including the filter. I'd make sure your service guy notes this down as less than half the sump fill will end up starving you head of oil every time you go around a corner. At least the engine will be well worn in by now huh.
-
Welcome, ( PS Ken saw a HgAg XR8 ute and I must say looks good )
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.