-
Posts
435 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by XR6TK1W1
-
Hope you've got paint protection ... :gasthrower: I was just thinking that, they say that stuff is as good as brake fluid :gunsfiring: That must be true, every time woman see the stuff they stop.
-
I got me a reverse sensor, its called the heavy tow package. Just hope like hell it aint your car behind me in the parking lot. :gasthrower: Ken is like a box of chocolates, you just never know what side your gonna get. Ken is as Ken does. Ps Ken my brother inlaw was Striders/Aragorns body double.
-
Is this the same Ford that says the T comes standard with 60/40 split rear seats and center rear arm rest? ( In NZ of course )
-
yeah sorry Ken NZ's fault there. Just think you guys are lucky we have a man parading as a woman running the country. But still why would you guy a vehicle like that if you don't appreciate it. Makes me very jelious.
-
Can't afford the drugs, eyes knackerd from years of masterbation, attention span of a goldfish and even with the ability to switch off the eyes and see through she indoors, I STILL CAN'T SEE DIDDLEY.
-
Very Nice Hope they clean your suspension arms before reinstall. Wish they would record how it sounds so all us underprivilaged can join in the fun too !
-
I put mine on when I first got the car and the dealer not only said theres no probs with the warrenty but he liked it. Mines a much finer mesh and is barely noticable but if you look up intercooler protection you can see a pic there.
-
Noway are you being fussy!!! Although these cars are good bang for buck you are still paying alot of buck to get them. The dealer should be giving you all assistance in this since I bet he/she has made very good money as of late and would not want a bad word being spread about their service etc as there is a lot more money to be made. When I had the BEM probs not only did my dealer give me a loaner but it was a brand new car or the sales managers car. Also heavily discounted items for me for the inconveniance. That is the sort of service you should expect and the sort of service you get no questions asked.
-
I remember reading ( I think it was Motor ) when the XR6T was being leaked out and they had exclusive pics of the car under towing tests. The dash had the Tickford wings and the car had Tickford badging on it. Looked very similar to the FPV dash, but better. I miss the wings on my XR.
-
If you clean it regually enough you dont have to use much water. Just don't point the jet at the induction system. The worst prob I have found with the engine cleaning is the rubber coming off the belt. its not losing much now but when I first got the car there was little rubber fragments everywhere.
-
So im not the only anal retentive cleaner here! I noticed heaps of places water pools. Basically everywhere theres a rubber seal. I always wipe the inside of my doors boot and clean the donk whenever I clean the car. Not as bad as the guy who preped my car for sale though. He polished the inside of my doors and the pillers.
-
It can be disabled along with a host of other beeps twings twirps and dings. I had the seat belt reminder disabled as it was getting on my wick and before you say you should wear ya belt I dont wear it to back out of the garage and lock up etc. It is done via the computer link by the fuse box.
-
Arhhh the heart of the beast wants to be free long after the light is extinguished. Theres just no stopping these things aye!
-
Even with all the systems like quicktrack and other security systems cars get nicked. Wa*&ers that steal cars will always find away around this. Lock nuts do sh*t, all the thieves do is go to a tyre shop and buy a set of lock nuts which have the required lock nut key required for your wheels since they can take the time to case out your car but can't find the time to fit in a job. Then they fit that to a bar around four feet in length and just snap the stud. No banging smooth as so the shcok sensor dosen't activate. Most to bit thieves even can find a GPS locator in seconds ( mostlikely since these thieves were the people that installed it in the first place). Scary thought and I am amazed I can sleep at night. They may be able to get my car but watch for the reaction if I catch them! A whole new level of pain will be brought fourth into there life. PS I would also beat the crap outta anyone stealing a strangers car, I have that much hate for these people.
-
Here in our little country Premium is standard as already said, IE we get the colour ICC on the bigger screen. Go NZ about time we get the better end of the stick. ( Wonder if Ford has recognised that NZ has been much more faithful to the blue oval than the Aussies so we get the better deal?)
-
My fav bit of this car is the little peddle to the right hand side of the drivers footwell that enables your heart rate to increase and makes enoying little hiroshima screamers to disappear. :D
-
Ok I'm a gonna have to do this in Kens honour!!!! THERES NOTHING WORSE THAN A BLUE BOX!!! Know what I mean nudge nudge wink wink say no more say no more aye!!!! Ask an Eskimo woman
-
The towpack is meant to have it all as you guys say but what I found is there is no accessory wire in the plug ie no reverse light hooked up. Bloody pain if you have to back a horse float at night!!! Almost as bad as not putting lamps in the footwells of cars with premium sound.
-
Also what about just adding the new pin for the pos feed to the switch as NT has then just bridge that pin to the pos feed wire that feeds the window switches. They will be on as long as the windows are live but you cant see them in the day time anyway. They go off when car is locked or the power windows timeout after the ignition is switched off.
-
Sonia'sxr, Just curious do you mean the passenger side switch has been replaced only? And if so are you going to upgrade the Drivers side as well?
-
I use it most of the time now and find I get better fuel economy. Plus I agree with Cam, but like how you can hit a sharp tight corner where in the manual you would have to use second, in the auto you can hit first and drop the boot just before it changes and just launch!!! These manual, autos are for nana's type people are just so last century. ( Awaits the barrage of insults from the stick boys ).
-
First off I have an auto. I Also think the T5 is stronger than they say. I will also say ( I know this will upset a few ) that the T5 is like a tractor box and you could be forgiven if you thought you were changing gears in a truck. The 3560 is a much nicer shift even when new than the T5 and if they put that box in the 6T first off I would have brought a manual. And if the auto throws a wobbley its not that hard to change the car to a manual anyways. Plus how much the box can handle depends on driver skill to a certain extent to. A good driver can make his car last longer than a rough idiot anyday.
-
I don't get it why does everyone one say they will wait for there warranty period to be up? If you modify your car you void your warranty so if something goes wrong you will have to pay for it to get fixed. And once your warranty period is up you will have to pay for anything that needs fixing, so either way the end result is the same, you will pay! So why wait if modifying is what you want to do? Well think of it like this. 3 years with any faults fixed is peace of mind. Not being loaded with dosh I am paying this thing off. Car payments and repair bills don't go well together. You do the math. So when the engine has proven not to be a lemon, the shine has dulled a bit, novelties has worn off, warrenty period over I will then mod the living sh!t outta this beast. Make me enjoy the car alot longer. My 2 cents worth.
-
Would ewe really want these switches to light up? I reckon it would get enoying. But if you do there is always a way. Get out your soldiering iron!!! PS If you want to light up your window switches do a search on blue window switches and make them yourself, heaps cheaper than paying for a Fairmont switch.
-
Man I cant wait for the warrenty period to be up!!! APS has done a hell of a job To steal a quote from the opposition I JUST WANT ONE!
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.