Jump to content

bjcrown

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    182
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bjcrown

  1. I currently have/hear "creaking" noises whilst driving over small bumps or even jumping up and down on the tow bar. Is it possible that the Diff Bush could be faulty? What are the symptoms of a faulty diff bush? Anyone - please advise... Thanks.
  2. Hi, does anyone know? Please advise. Thanks....
  3. Ok thanks heaps. Could this bush be the source of my "creaking" problem? The noise is heard wilst driving over anything more than a slight bump on the road and also by jumping up and down on the tow bar.
  4. According to the Ford BA MKII Owner's Manual it states: "Check the engine oil level with the engine at operating temperature and make sure the vehicle is standing on level ground. Switch the ignition off and wait some minutes for the engine oil to flow back to the sump. Pull the dipstick out, wipe it ... re-insert it completely and pull it out once more." Now, I too thought the best way to check is when the car has been sitting overnight (cold). Anyone know how many minutes is "some minutes"???
  5. Anyone? Please....
  6. Sorry to be a noob but what does a diff bush look like? Where exactly is it situated? Any pics please? Thanks...
  7. Valvoline (You know what I mean!) Full Synthetic 5W-40 for me. What do you think of this oil?
  8. Can I ask, what is "the right oil"?
  9. Full Syn Valvoline 5w-40
  10. Thanks Senna... Going to put Valvaline Full Synthetic 5W-40 with Iridium NKG plugs soon.....
  11. Newl, thanks for your reply. Just one more question. I currently have NGK BKR6E spark plugs. Would I need a retune if I replace them with the Iridium type (NGK BKR6EIX - I think that's the right part number). NB: The spark plug gap will not be altered.
  12. Need some advise please... I have an edited XR6T BA MK2 Auto with typhoon intake and with full synthetic Mobil1 5W-50. All else is stock but has been custom tuned. Do I need a re-tune if I: 1. Change the oil weight to 5W-40 (thinking of Valvaline full synthetic? 2. If a diff is being replaced? 3. If an auto is being replace? or 4. If new planetry gears are put in? I just want to replace the oil but I am curious with the other points for a friend of mine. Appreciate some feedback. Thanks.
  13. Muz, what weight oil are you using?
  14. Is Mobil 1 5W-50 oil any good?
  15. Anyone know a good wheel aligment place in Melbourne Eastern / South Eastern suburbs?
  16. 72: I have a BA MKII T sedan , stock - apart form 27mm sway bar. I'm very happy with it. I'm now looking into getting a rear swaybar (22mm). How much of a difference would that be from the rear stock? I don't race my car. Do you recommend on getting the rear bar? Thanks heaps...
  17. $8.75 is cheap - I think... What are these plugs gapped at? I'd take it at around 1.1mm. If that's the case, do you have part + pricing for the iridiums for the phoon as I beleive they are gapped at .9mm? Are there any iridiums that are gapped at .8mm witha price of $8.75? If so, do you have the part number and place to buy them from??? Thanks...
  18. Who in Melbourne sell these at these prices???
  19. [quote name='MiKa' post='547777' date='Jun 24 2007, 04:08 PM']Come on guys u know u want valve springs.....[/quote] Yep... but how much? Looks like Nizpro are doing them for $220 for group buys of 10+. Not paying >$400....
  20. ok, I'm interested in a set of valve springs... can you please advise costs? Thanks.
  21. Can you please give us an idea what a set of valve springs cost? Are Nizpro spings rebagded Crow springs?
  22. Think of getting a "good high flow cat" + valve springs + re-tune. What do you think? What make/model + size of high flow cat should I be buying? And from where + approx costs please? My car has stock exhaust (BA MKII) and if I buy a high flow cat are they any other parts required to make it fit. I'd take it I remove my old one and this new flow cat would be a direct replacement? Please advise please.... What do you think of my mods???? Thanks everyone...
  23. What about Maxxis MA-Z1 ? Does anyone here have them? Please advise what you think as I'm thinking of getting them. Cost about $199 per corner for 17". There has been tyre tests done recently on these and have been rated highly and are a very quite tyre.
  24. ok.... thanks for the feedback. Now before I mentioned who tuned it, I just wanted to let you know that I'm happy how the car now performs but just expected to get to about 230 - 240rwkw (not under 218rwkw!). I have no problems with the tuner as 100's of people from here use them and are happy with them - this is the reason why I went with them. Tuner: HPF in SE suburbs of Melbourne. HPF told me that the injectors are at their maximum and the valve springs are very weak. They did quote me for injectors and valve springs. I just wanted to justify if it's worth spending $800 just for valve springs. Looks like it I'll need injectors as well as they seem to go hand in hand from what I have read. Can anyone tell me that if I do nothing, would the valve springs get weaker and do any further damage? Sorry, dont have a boost graph. Btw, how are my AFR's? ALSO, I did mention to HPF that I wanted a safe tune with "slightly" better bottom performance - which I think I got. Who has a car with just typhoon CAI, injectors and valve springs? How many rwkw are you getting and did you need to strengthen the 4 speed auto? - Just curious... Thanks for you help...
×
×
  • Create New...