Jump to content

Space Ace

Member
  • Posts

    446
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Space Ace

  1. Obviously wasn't a GTR then... <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Yes, it was. It had GTR on it. And as I said previously, just because its a GTR, doesn't mean the bloke driving knows what he is doing or that the setup isn't right....
  2. I had a very interesting run yesterday with a Skyline GTR, which was maybe 3-4 years old. It was all riced up both inside and out and we both thought we'd give it whirl at the lights. Interestingly, at the same time an AUIII XR6 ute pulled up at the lights as well on my left side, which I thought nothing off. Anyway, lights go green, I've mashed the pedal and the Skyline is struggling for traction and sliding all over the place. I've pulled about a car length in front and by then the race was well and truly over so I eased off the pedal (doing about 130 in an 80 zone). However, the biggest surprise was that the AU ute also beat him as well. So, at the next set of lights, the Skyline boy didn't even try, however, the Ute boy was up for another run. This time the Ute dumps the clutch, tyres screeching, trying to keep pace and within 30-40m I already had half a car length on him, when I thought why bother? Just goes to show that it sometimes doesn't matter how much power the car has got, if the setup isn't right, you are going to get beat by Ford taxi... Gee, I love the T.....and its stock.
  3. Mine too...front passenger side goes about half the speed of the driver's side. Looks like its back to the dealership...again.
  4. The very same silver pursuit that kicked it back a gear in front a cop and got pulled over before the first meet point? <{POST_SNAPBACK}> So that's why he got pulled up...he was sitting behind me at the time and I thought it was bit harsh considering we weren't speeding...oh well....
  5. Great cruise yesterday, especially through Otway Ranges - the missus and kids were getting sick, so that is a great indicator of how good the drive is and will be recommending it to others...Was pushing the T hard and was handling it quite well... and it was good to put some faces to the names... And we all know who the dingbat was overtaking on the GOR - silver pursuit, fark he was silly and putting others at risk...but it did sound awesome... Looking forward to the next one...
  6. Put me down as a definate...hopefully the rain stays away for the day.
  7. 2 & 3 yr olds - the length of the trip may be a tad too long. If I can get my hands on a portable dvd player, we may be in business.....
  8. Yeah, I want to - but its the kids which may be an issue...
  9. Put me down as a maybe...
  10. ...Also the nice blue eagles. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Mate, their Falcons, as in Falcon GT or XR6T. You'd better be sure the Expensive Daewoo wankers don't hear you saying that...
  11. Space Ace

    He's Done It

    Top effort Geea, Fark and I was going to come along and watch as well. Spewing I missed it now. That's kids for ya.... Space
  12. Good stuff Craig, Saw the mag in the newstand yesterday (while I was sick *cough* from work) and immediately picked out GEEA....hot colour and car...good to see the mighty T giving it to the V8's...
  13. and a manual.... or both....
  14. Welcome to the forums....enjoy the ride and great colour choice by the way....
  15. Give em hell boys....
  16. I think I will wait for the 6 speed auto trans in this as it will be much smoother and quicker............
  17. I've just about had it with my dealer over some so called "minor" issues. When I picked up my car brand new - there were a number of things I spotted which I wasn't happy with (paint work blemishes and scratches, scratches to the alloys, etc) and it was noted by the salesperson for rectification. Anyway, after spending a week at the dealer for the second time (the first time they actually missed most of the faults - bunch of slacked jawed yokels) the car is in no better condition. I'm actually taking it back for a third time next week and the dealer had the audacity to turn around and tell me that this will be the last time they try to fix it. Obviously he hasn't heard of lawyers suing the pants of him... Therefore, I am outing my dealer so that the rest of you in my side of the world know not to go there and get shafted. I'm not sure whether this will contravene any rules of this site or not but the dealer is Freeway Ford in Cranbourne.
  18. And our friends at ACA would be straight onto that, and well lead to me losing everything I own and my family owns (They are trying to introduce new legislation here in Vic that allows crooks to sue coppers and the coppers FAMILY's assests can become involved. Mum, Dad, Brother, Sister, Son, Daughter, Grandparents etc). I rarely get the urge to hurt someone because of their attitude. There's enough people that get violent wthout prompting anyway. But with VicPol dropping its members like hot cakes, I won't be acting on any of those rare urges. Not worth it. In 20 years when the police are so wrapped up in procedural bull that our society has turned into one big ghetto, the pollies can deal with it. It's their great wisdom that is listening to the vocal minority and not trying find out what the silent majority wants that is screwing everything up. Fr33dy, for someone of Lebanese descent that came into this thread with the (founded or unfounded, I'm not commenting) generalisations about Lebanese people I think your post was very restrained, articulatre and made your point better than any ranting dribbling that some people may have typed. Onya! <{POST_SNAPBACK}> What happened to the days when the cops could hand out the occasional 'touch up' just to keep people in line? Fark, when I was growing up in Port Melbourne (way before the yuppies and gays moved in) you grew up respecting the coppers because they took no sh*t and played with a straight bat. And if the coppers wouldn't keep you on the straight and narrow, then the old man with his belt would. Which goes to show, that if you have right upbringing at home then you don't act like a clown in society.
  19. I think every race has their fair bunch of dickheads. Here in Melbourne, you only have to go to places like Chapel St, Williamstown foreshore on a warm night, etc and you see every dickhead from every race carrying on. If you are going to drag, do it where its just you and the other guy without any risk to others. Personally, I know a few Lebs here in Melbourne and none of them would have ever have acted like those wankers did last night... I think the coppers should bring out the yellow pages and batons and teach them a lesson.
  20. Are you saying there's another new version of the firmware out there that fixed your problems, or did they find a way to flash it back to the older version? (or did they fix some other fault at the same time?) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> exar - all they told me was that the car was re-flashed again. Its not overboosting like it used to before the previous reflash but the power is back down low all the way up - so I'm guessing that its another new flash. Gee, it would be good if we had a mechanic that works for a Ford dealership on this forum to tell us what the fark is going on...
  21. Well, the story finally gets better. I took my car in to the dealer last week for some minor work and I mentioned that the car was sluggish during acceleration I.e. planting the fark out of it. Well, I finally picked it up today and it seems to have gone back to normal after another re-flash. I asked him why it was re-flashed in the first place during the 3K inspection and he said that some T's were overboosting and that Ford recommended it. I then asked him if he had heard of the saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" theory and to ask his customers what they want. He somewhat agreed with me and said that it was Ford pushing the re-flashes, not them. What gets me, is how bleeding obvious the difference is in the car. Anyway, now that Blackie is back fighting fit, I'm off to hunt down some SS's & HSV's....
  22. Well, the story finally gets better. I took my car in to the dealer last week for some minor work and I mentioned that the car was sluggish during acceleration I.e. planting the fark out of it. Well, I finally picked it up today and it seems to have gone back to normal after another re-flash. I asked him why it was re-flashed in the first place during the 3K inspection and he said that some T's were overboosting and that Ford recommended it. I then asked him if he had heard of the saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" theory and to ask his customers about what they want. He somewhat agreed with me and said that it was Ford pushing the re-flashes, not them. What gets me, is how bleeding obvious the difference is in the car. Anyway, now that Blackie is back fighting fit, I'm off to hunt down some SS's & HSV's....
  23. Is a persons life worth $10K and a free trip these days??? That's all they were going to get even if they did make it back to our shores safe. Fark, I wouldn't take 10 grand on the Price is Right if I was going for the showcase. Anyway, if they got caught red handed like they did, then they should receive the absolute maximum sentence. Whereas, with Schappell, she was set up and might still do 20-25 years, which I think is farked. One thing all this will do for all us travellers now, is to be extra carefull with ones own luggage. I remember sh*tting myself when I was going to Malaysia and Thailand through security because you just don't know whether anything has been planted on you. So it looks like I could be giving the Asian holidays a miss for a very long time.
  24. Ford & good customer service are 4 words combined that will never make sense. I don't know what it is with them??? Sure, they bend over backwards to get your hard earned up front but their after sales service is S-H-I-T, sh*te... You wouldn't get the european or japanese manufacturers doing the same, so why does Ford do it? If I'm paying $44K odd for a car I expect better after sales service. I think when the lease is up, it could be goodbye Ford, hello Subaru WRX STi...
  25. Gee, he must be a happy man.....
×
×
  • Create New...