-
Posts
446 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by Space Ace
-
sh*t no, then I'd have to clean it all over again....LOL...but the wife was happy later on in the evening...
-
Have had my T for a month now and gave it its first wash & polish on the weekend - it was like making love for the first time again... I never thought I'd feel about a car this way...my missus thinks I've lost the plot but they just don't understand, do they?...and the Maguires products I used where a million bucks - car wash that actually smells better than a chicks hair...where's the tissue paper...
-
Your problem is that the kids need to listen to Led Zeppelin - that way it eliminates road & child noise. BTW, I'd choose either Metallica, Megadeth or Slayer to get rid of my road noise...
-
When I was looking for my T, I thought I'd throw in the missus 9-3 Saab (2001 model with only 35K on the clock) as trade bait. I was laughing my ass off when the offered $17,000 for it. I could easily get about $30,000 for it and then they wondered why it was so funny.
-
Got mine for $44,500 out the door with everything in my signature. Best thing to do is decide what options you have and call every dealer in or around town. Trust me, you will see which dealers are fair dinkum or not. And don't be afraid to stretch the truth a little bit either. Space
-
My brother had his T stolen (OK it was a Telstar TX5 - same starting letter) from the Bunnings carpark in Sunshine. Poor bloke only had the car for a week and went to Bunnings to buy - you guess it - a Clublock. Leaves store searching for car, nowhere to be found, with Clublock in hand. Brings a tear to my eye every time I recall that story... BTW, the pricks that stole it wrote it off and dumped it at Highpoint. At least he made about $1K on the insurance though...
-
Lets See A Pic Of Your Ride (past & Current)
Space Ace replied to Mr Turbo's topic in Ford Discussion
Puff mate, Every weekend - fark, if only I had enough time and no kids to keep me busy. Looks like I'm going to buy myself some products on Saturday. Good stuff. Space -
Lets See A Pic Of Your Ride (past & Current)
Space Ace replied to Mr Turbo's topic in Ford Discussion
Hey Puff, What products are you using? Mines black as well and it looks like sh*t every time it rains or gets windy. Space -
Dal, You would have got ripped off at that price (having said that depends on the options it had). If you're in Melb, the best price you will get is from Freeway Ford down in Cranbourne. Trust me, I tried every dealer from Geelong to Frankston. Speak to D'nee and she will get you a great deal. With my T, I got all the options below and on the road for about 2 large less than what you were quoted. Oh yeah, and it was brand spanking new.
-
Definately go the 18's to stand out from the rest of the (XR N/A) crowd. Getting 17's for mine wasn't even a thought.
-
So far I'm up to kill No. 3. Coming back from Melton on the Western Ring Road, I spot a 350Z convertible in the right lane holding up traffic. I slowly make way up next to him suggesting in no uncertain terms that he should stop driving like a wa*ker and move into the far left granny lane. He responds by giving me the finger and planting it. Wasn't he suprised who easily I hauled him in. Soon afterwards, we passed the overhead speed cameras just outside McD's sitting on 100 klicks each and then both floored it. Left him for dead and he was too embarrased to try again. I'm loving my T more and more every day. RIP - VT SS, Mini Cooper S, 350Z
-
Bad luck JB, However, you may have a way out with a recent loophole a certain lawyer found. I was watching Today Tonight either last week or the week before, where someone got nabbed doing in excess of 30k's over the school zone limit. His lawyer argued that there wasn't enough necessary advice given to drivers about when the zones operate and so forth. The magistrate ruled in his favour and reduced the penalty from loss of licence to a small fine, as technically he was still over the limit. I suggest you try and dig up this episode from either the TT website or somehow try and make contact with this lawyer. Space
-
Lets See A Pic Of Your Ride (past & Current)
Space Ace replied to Mr Turbo's topic in Ford Discussion
-
Hang on all you Blueprint lovers, this colour was originally on the Tickfords, so it cannot be the signature colour of the MKI. Blood orange would have to be easily, but as I've said before - nothing beats black (when clean) with a tint and 18's.
-
Going home from work yesterday, I was about to turn left onto the Monash freeway on ramp at Warrigul Rd when I noticed a bright blue Mini Cooper S (it had the stripes and huge wheels) up my arse. Anyway, as I started turning in, this bloke decided he would try to overtake me on the inside lane just before the two merge into one. I let him get nose to nose and then he got the suprise of his life when I left him for dead. A couple of minutes later in the congestion I spotted him across in the far left lane and he was scared to look over...what was he thinking?
-
Cheers JB. Looks like I'll have to wait for the 3000k service first then start looking around a little after that.
-
Does anyone know of who does a good tune & edit here in Melbourne? Considering my T is only a couple of weeks in run-in mode with only 850k's on it, how soon should I wait before I get the edit in?
-
They do indeed Space Ace, They get stressed out from us Turbo guys, kick there butt each time and pull there hair out from the result ... that's why they wear caps Rob... <{POST_SNAPBACK}> And I thought it was to keep whatever little brain they had from falling out...
-
It would have to be Blueprint but every Tom, Dick & Harry has got one. Not many black sexy T's on the road though....
-
A bit gimmicky but it sets the dash apart from the rest I suppose...
-
Congrats Fozzie, Once you go Black, you'll never go back. Just make sure you like washing cars... What other options did you get? Was it from a Melb dealer as I searched everywhere for my one with the specs I was after - which explains why I purchased it Cranbourne.
-
Good stuff Rapt, I've had my T for just over a week and killed an SS as well, and its still stock. Ah, nothing beats the feeling of killing those clowns. Is it me or does everyone want to drag you once they see its a Turbo??? What was funny was that on the day I picked up the T, from all the way down in Cranbourne, these two Clubbie boys were fast approaching me in the right lane of the freeway. I pulled over into the next lane and as they got closer, their speed decelerated quite considerably - they may have thought it was a cop car?? As I sat on 100 klicks, they were slowly edging forward to see whether in fact I was a copper or not and once they realised I wasn't, they wanted to have a go. I thought the better of it, it was after all 30mins after I took delivery and the missus was sitting behind me in her car, but gee it was funny to look at them. BTW, do all SS/HSV drivers wear baseball caps? Whats the go with that?
-
Just trying to help out fellow members (LOL) wherever I can....
-
Ah my friend, if only you were in Melbourne. I'll tell you what, you get down here with the FEMALE models by 7.00 tonight and I'll show her how to hold my knob...err gear knob.
-
I cannot believe that the word "Lessbian" (minus the second s) got censored whereas dickead doesn't???
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.