-
Posts
431 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by simmo
-
who can have a go at tuning in the gold coast area or brissy,ive heard of the big 3 fist,herrod,rdp who else is available up here?
-
despite all problems the tuner is trying to help ,I dont want to start a tuner war ,I just want to sort out my car
-
-
fuel starvation put a new pump in, its better but I woulnt hold it flat feels like the timing wont advance ,also it misses.
-
long time no see jet ute
-
after that run ,a map was done with near standard boost which is heaps better but im not driving the car until I get it sorted.the original reading shown was slowly what the car has degraded to over a few months and NOT what the tuner had done.that's why I was thinking somehow the edit was at fault but after a think ,it has to be a mechanical issue some where? someone mentioned the cat but its okay I checked it and its not very old either I never thought id drive a Late model camira but sh*t its close.
-
-
ive had an edit for a couple of years now and it has never been right ,the car has constant drivability problems ,I have an I/c , fuel pump ,k+n filter,typhoon intake.I recently installed a high flow fuel pump after a dyno run showed massive lean out which was put down to a crook fuel pump?.since installation performance has slightly improved but again as I upgrade parts a different set of problems occur now the car goes good until 3000rpm then seems to hesitate and chug like its boost spiking,which is alot different to the usual pinging.the car is very well maintained and has new .8 gapped plugs and new fuel filter.I tell you I am coonsidering puttting the car back to standard and getting rid of it.I am constantly hearing of cars going really well edited but so far I am not convinced!! is it an edit or a tuner problem because the car seems to change how it runs quite often too??wtf. anyhelp would be appriciated.
-
its better to put the car on a hoist even with the stainless shims eventually the noise will reappear.what you do is loosen the 2 rack retaining bolts I think they are 19 mm then move the wheels side to side about 20mm each way to settle the rack then tighten them up with a breaker bar be aware they are tight and really need a breaker bar.this usually works for me for about 6 months.
-
looks good but why not just buy a bmw! gotta go ,im on my way to the autobahn!
-
my brother had the same trouble but on a different car what I done was wrap the gear nob with a piece of old inner tube next I used a strap type oil filter remover ,one that you can put a half inch ratchet or breaker bar in the end I used a 12 inch breaker bar and it came off fairly easy.the beauty of the rubber is it provides protection to the gear knob and also gives a bit of extra grip......good luck!
-
why not just buy blue gauges to match your dash?,instead of matching your dash to the gauge,I personely think the blue dash is the best ive seen .I have have driven in a mazda 3 and I find the red illumination gets hard to read after a while, but its only my opinion,good luck with making the backlight red.ill be interested to see the pics.
-
nice bonnet,id be happy with a standard one though .
-
12/02 ,edit,I/c,typhoon intake,k+n fuel pump and inj soon
-
ahhhh oooook................to update my situation I found the fallen out bolt from the turbo which amazinly got caught in just a way as not to fall on to the ground I replaced it checked every exhaust bolts put it back together and alls good,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,BUT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the phantoms ive been having with my edit such as random pinging,yes it comes and goes,and less than reliable performance have all but dissapeared ,other than noticeable fuel starvation on high boost,which is about to be rectified with injectors and fuel pump.also gone is the turbo flutter that occcured after backing off,which was the leaking exhaust gases,now its more of a strong huffing sound, it actually sounds allright.so folks listen to your car!,that cool noise the car makes, might be the start of something more sinister.but in my case luckily it wasnt alll that bad..what do you think?
-
my car developed an exhaust leak on the way to work yesterday ,upon removal of the heatshield and turbo piping I found that one of the bolts that hold the exhaust housing on had fallen out and gas was coming out of the hole.ford cannot supply any bolts im just gonna pull out another bolt and match it up,or should I source a bolt from a turbo joint?ive checked all the manifold and turbo bolts the manifold was loose but all other turbo bolts were fine.
-
I will elaborate it is a tap which leads me to think its a lifter, my bad
-
its only free to an nrma service centre! im a patrolman
-
my car has develpoed a top end knock im pretty sure its a lifter has anyone else experianced this?
-
they use plenty of rubber when they f#*k us over on warranty claims lol!
-
I have a lowered t and when I have more than 2 people in it there is a very noticable vibration from the rear.ive been through the tailshaft issue when the car was new.it has only come in in the last 6 months or so.I have heard of the odd faulty drive shaft but would it cause such a vibration??if so is there reallly and way to check it?
-
I couldnt remember who posted it .very lucky fella.
-
im sorry to here about you guys having prangs but at least your t isnt like this one!!!! if the poor truckie doesnt see you when you are overtaking this can happen OUCH!
-
our smash repairer was paiting a bmw at the time and I thought while all the stuff was off id get it painted didnt cost anything .I like it
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.