Jump to content

Chaos310

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    228
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chaos310

  1. its more than yours? is this the reason for the dislike? well what else does a car do on the dyno.. it doesnt run a number (unless shootout type setup I think Kostecki had that setup) Cheers though
  2. All the mods are listed in the build thread under the Uteopia section. all the usual bits though.. turbo, injectors, surge, exhaust, tune etc yeah a little different to stock... just a bit
  3. widest possible on stock 19" fg f6 ute rims?? cheers
  4. As the title says, I'm a new addition to the 300+ group. build thread in Uteopia turbo thread in Turbo section
  5. keen to get a hold of a valve spring tool if anyone in perth has one... maybe need it for a week.. can sort beverage payment of spot you a few lap dances at the malaga tavern on a friday afternoon...
  6. its running fine mate, dont stress.
  7. If you have a machine shop at your disposal and were savvy, you could do it yourself.. I would have a go next time. HOWEVER: there is machining required to the face of the seating area and just near where the arm comes through from the actuator, which gives clearance to the new larger flap. ACTUALLY... mine is if you look at the pictures. I was walked through why guys don't do it round (leave a flat at the top) however, the way my flapper has been set up, there is no chance of it binding on the close cycle or jamming on the open cycle. yeah mate, its so it can find a good seat on the port opening and the two "mate" together a little over time. cheers
  8. Good stuff mate! Don't rush it, get the coin behind you and have a chat with Rob or Darren about where you want to get to with the car and go from there. Tip: save a little extra and get springs done at the same time.
  9. Yeah mate, they are good blokes. It was clear from start to finish with what I wanted and the pricing was pretty good too. They've got some work coming in.. so I'd book in to make sure you get it sorted when you want. Thanks mate. its a different ride now.
  10. OK, so its back home now. After a chat with Rob at Monsta Torque I have decided not to push the boost up beyond 17.5psi and am quite content with the figures produced. I know I said 520+ and I'd be happy... We got 519hp / 387rwkw and I'm more than happy. Torque is way up 965Nm / 711lbft and again, very happy. My next step (if I do require more) will definitely be valve springs... followed by a touch more boost, however, this will be a while off. Big ups to Rob and Darren at Monsta Torque for taking the time to chew the fat with me, the availability of the dyno and tune timeframe. Its been a really great experience to get to this point and the guys have been more than patient with the continental drift like pace that my project has carried to this point. Cheers
  11. Surge has been wired and plumbed New coolant, full tank of 98 and now it sits at Monsta torque, getting sorted out.
  12. price comparo between 044-040, a1000 and holley? flow/$$?
  13. sub $200 a clear winner if you like pump noise and an externally mounted pump. the walbro 400 was $155usd when I optioned my surge tank, cheap and quiet, downside is high amp draw at higher fuel pressures. Which pumps would show better comparison for the type of usage we are subjecting them to? cheers
  14. I was kicking around on the Radium Auto page again and thought that the following fuel pump tech info might be of interest to some http://radiumauto.com/media/techarticle-page.php?Radium-s-Ultimate-Fuel-Pump-Test-87 and for those who dont quite understand, here's the link to how a surge tank works. http://radiumauto.com/media/techarticle-page.php?How-does-a-Radium-Fuel-Surge-Tank-work-79
  15. I'll be happy with 520+ rwhp
  16. No mate, I've been dealing with Rob at Monsta Torque so far. I've spent a decent amount of time chewing the fat with him over the setup I have, where I can go from here and what I can expect in regards to backup. I dont think at this point in the game I could take the car elsewhere with a clear mind that I have done the right thing by the people that have taken time to chat with me, give tips and pointers on the jobs I have going on etc. I'm confident that he will do a great job with the car. The numbers will come soon enough. cheers
  17. I had shot cats in my XR8 ute... bad times.... got the system under warranty though!!
  18. I have twin 3"... it sounds ok. theres a clip in my ute build thread of it. Manta do not make this system in mild steel they told me. Its a great bit of gear, bolts in very well, good clearance. I'd buy it again. cant wait to hear it at full noise..
  19. No worries bud. surge tank has been mounted... tomorrow will bring power and fuel flow to it. going to do a coolant change before dyno too. really keen to see what figures it produces now. cheers
  20. Hi mate, Full stainless system. I'll try post up the vid.trim.azjOOe.MOV
  21. 38mm flapper 36mm bore blended port and flow path
  22. They are an M8 bolt if I recall rightly, there are two different lengths as 5 of the 6 bolt holes are drilled into the turbine housing flow path and the last of them is drilled blind into the housing just near the flange. 1 at 15mm and 5 at 20mm I believe..... Pull one out and check it. by the sounds of what youre saying its the longer of the two. .02c
  23. so, it's all back together and running now... everything went in without a hitch, The exhaust is truely brilliant, it just slotted right in and fits beautifully everywhere. just the surge tank to go and its ready for the dyno.
  24. Turbo is back! Had it looked at for an opinion on the job done and while the job has been done very well, generally the IWG's are touched up by the tuner in a few places. Each tuner is different and they like different port finishes, so mine will be touched up ever so lightly before going back on the ute. I'm a pretty picky kind of bloke when it comes to my things which is why I like to have as much input as possible and where I can and feel confident, I like to do the work myself. There are Pro's and Con's to this.
  25. it wasnt as bad as you might think, turns out I went to school with a few of the boys that make them. MANTA 4" dump to twin 3"
×
×
  • Create New...