-
Posts
228 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by Chaos310
-
So in my build thread in the ute section, I have just pulled the turbo off my ute to send out for mods... here are the pics.. STOCK 33mm button 27mm bore 3mm seating area
-
OK, some pics of the turbo before the work.. button is 33mm in dia... this will change to 38mm button seat area is 3mm wide... this will become 1mm bore dia is 27mm (not incl the top flat portion) this will become 36mm blue paint just to highlight areas before work. The internal shot just there to show factory casting flow path. cheers
-
WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread
Chaos310 replied to cunners's topic in Western & Northern Australia (WA, NT)
the ute should be done by then.... where does the cruise take off from? -
I went to Pedders Suspension Midvale, they did a good job, time will tell. Gave me a print out of factory specs, where my ute was and where it is now. you can get a camber/castor kit for about $600 fitted I believe.
-
I had this conversation with a fellow forum member the other day. Like we all know, the Xcal3 is under $400USD online yet here we all cop the sharp end of the pineapple because a company here has sewn up distributorship rights. From what I have heard, a reseller here, selling the units at $690 is making nearly $100 profit. So it sounds like somewhere between the dealer and the customer, someone is having their pockets lined quite well I think.
-
I was thinking about it however at this point in time the budget does not allow it. MAYBE... later on.. although if I pop over the 500-520hp mark I'll probably just leave it alone. I know guys are making 530+ on the stock intake, with a modded lower half airbox, so that'll be me for a while. PLUS, I'd prefer to leave the bay looking stock for those points in time where certain "mechanics" in cars with lights on the roof tell you about everything you've done wrong...
-
with the assistance of a fellow forum member and his awesome workshop works have started... The turbo is out (pics soon) injectors are in, new exhaust is in place, plugs are gapped, thermostat has been fitted <--- the housing had some low spots on it in the casting so it was draw filed back flush on both sides for better contact. the exhaust bolts weren't too bad to get off, I was expecting much worse, although at 34000km, maybe its not long enough to weld them in place. the new exhaust is a thing of beauty... all shiny and big, went in with out a hitch which I was most impressed about some pics of the previous days efforts. New intake bend too... a touch bigger than the stock item.
-
I tried this on the way back from south oz when I bought the ute... 1st gear, clutch slammed, throttle slammed, trac cont off... all hell breaks loose. the manual describes the use quite well... as well as what to do if the car goes off the road. Its an assist function, not a control function, so once you're off the clutch, she's all you. The manual does say feathering the clutch or backing off the gas a little is a good thing.
-
OK, so the turbo is coming off the ute tomorrow and heading off for work IWG open up, 12lb actuator and a little here and there.. The injectors have been cleaned and tested and all the other parts have been brought together to be fitted up ready to roll. Went and spoke to Rob at Monsta Torque again, met Darren (formerly BlackMac workshop) both are keen to see the ute. The Xcal3 has been loaded with a set of trim codes so I can get the car to them after fitting the new injectors. I'll take a bunch of pics for before and afters. New tyres surely in the near future... cheers
-
WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread
Chaos310 replied to cunners's topic in Western & Northern Australia (WA, NT)
GKR transport for things east-west. I sent my Ducati motor to VIC from WA and it only dented me about 250 return. If you're sending things up the west coast to darwin and all in between, use Jolly and Sons Transport out of welshpool. 9458 4455 ask for Brad mention Steve with the FEARED ute. He can appreciate a car enthusiast and will chew the fat a bit with you. He can also organise east west movements. just my .02c -
OK, so attached pics show my new surge tank. It houses a Walbro 400 like I mentioned above, -6an fittings and holds around 1.5L from what I can find on the web page. Pretty neat bit of gear I think. Reasonably priced too and will fit on the rail in my FG like the other units on the market. green fitting is pump out.
-
thinking of fitting a billet fuel rail, just curious as to who is running an aftermarket item and where the preference lies between PW and Plaz... Plaz seem to be cheaper, extrusion looks similar. thoughts? Cheers
-
Surge tank has turned up... its a thing of beauty. Was going to do a mount bracket in SolidWorks to have CNC machined, but I think I'll just do a basic plate mount and go from there. I'll be ordering all the fuel lines and fittings before the week is out and hopefully plumbing it all up in the next fortnight... hopefully..
-
plazmaman units on FLeabay for about 295 I think... I black with or without injectors FYI Nice FST mate. Got the 460's in it I assume? Are the fittings EARLS or speedflow/aeroflow? reason for asking, I'm in need of some quick connectors for my setup
-
yeah I thought about the E85 when I optioned my surge tank, but decided against it. E85 is too dear for me as a daily driver. My fuel lines will no doubt be something a little more up spec than factory stuff. I have just been perusing through the EARLS catalogue... mmm pretty stuff...
-
SO... I've lashed out and bought a surge tank with walbro inboard pump... I'll post pics when it gets here... ANYWAY. I'm going to cut into the original supply and return lines where required and plumb them to the surge tank, via barb-> -6an fittings. The supply to rail and return from regulator I wanted to change out for something like the 400 series speedflow hoses.. in blue naturally. Has anyone changed out their hoses etc or plumbed their own surge setup, any tips tricks or info would be well received. cheers peeps
-
I got them from a mate of mine, he runs an XR6T, making 749rwhp at last check. he put them in at XFT, went to powercruise, went back to XFT and put 2000cc units in.... on that note... I went to XFT this afternoon... spoke to a young bloke who was quite helpful. I'm basically looking at their "extreme package" according to the fella I spoke to. My new goal of 550hp, may be a stretch for the stock, modified turbo.... I really dont want to have to afford a GTX.... thoughts?
-
Ive got ID1000's set of 6... $500
-
Nice crutch and shifter mate
-
Thanks for the offer mate, however I have purchased a FST with internal walbro pump. pics of mount up, plumbing and wiring to come. thinking now of a battery relocation and airbox setup.... I understand where you could get this from. This is not uncommon from what I am reading... It really depends on who you talk to, some are more helpful than others and a little clearer with explanations after receiving information. to be done: Turbo Mod Fit Exhaust Fit injectors Actuator will change thermostat and gap plugs when I change out coolant next Getting closer...
-
I've had a few PM's sent to me, understandingly cons for either shop should not be fully aired in a forum I know. There is a leaning tendancy to one of the places listed above. Most of the pm's mention the aftersales support, the customers choice of fitment and how "quotes" seem to grow in total during the jobs. <---- this needs to be looked into as the sales "act" has changed in recent years... not sure if some one here knows more about it or had a situation where their "quote" grew at final pickup.... anyway I'm still tossing up between the two..
-
XFT are a great bunch, I have had some mates who've had work done by them and they're more than happy which is great. They're about 20km from home and a very good option for the tuning. Monsta Torque are very local to me, I have spent some time chewing the fat with Rob and they have also got some very tough, reliable cars out there as do a lot of places. I'd be keen to hear from perth based people who have genuine Pro's and Con's for each. Nothing stupid like " I wanted 600hp and wanted to spend $500 they wouldnt help". I am keen on doing a lot of the work myself and I can tow it into malaga in about 10 minutes... towing over to midvale is going to be another cost. I know building cars/vehicles into the performance level I am after will not be a cheap exercise and I'm not scrimping on costs, I'm just being realistic with my expenditure where I do and do not have to spend money to excess. I am a mechanic by trade, an actual one with all the certs and the lost 4 years of my life where I earned less than the dole. I am also an avid enthusiast like many of the other forum users. Like I said above, genuine feedback from perth based members, be it a pro or a con would be appreciated. cheers
-
tossing up between XFT and Monsta torque... both have their positives going for them...
-
I'm looking at making a custom fuel surge setup and was curious if anyone had info on the connectors that are required to connect to the factory hard lines underneath, like on the PW/PLAZ setups... cheers
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.