Jump to content

cdm

Member
  • Posts

    886
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by cdm

  1. iTec, as you may know, I have just purchased the same wheels as you so it's interesting to hear your advice re the buckling rim. If you were considering running 285/35/19 the tyre choices are fairly limited. The only ones I could find in a brief phone around were Dunlop SP9000 @ $820ea and Bridgestone Potenza's @ $790!! I also spoke to Herrod who say that you would need to have 40mm offset in order to run this size without rolling the guards (eg, DJR car). I can't really find a good 275/30/19?? As far as 18's go I can highly recommend Goodyear Eagle F1. I have had variouis tyres over the years in 16/17/18" and these by far have provided me the greatest satisfaction. Good turn in, good traction, predictable in the wet. And pretty good wear. Mine have about 25000 hard mountain km and have been rotated twice and still have about 30% left. I can't remember exactly how much they where but I get the feeling they were around the $450 mark each. They weren't cheap but they were worth it. Zap, surely there must be a point where the advantages and disadvantges of wider tyres balance out. What are the narrowest tyres that a Falcon comes out it? I'm guessing it's 215 on a 15" rim or something, whereas the XR's run (optional) 245/40/18 and I think the FPV's may run slighlty wider again?
  2. So then if expense were not an issue, what would be the best oil to use? Particularly if the engine has been modified.
  3. Interesting to see Castrol Magnatec is the most popular so far. Is that just because that is what Ford dealers use?
  4. It's time for an oil and filter change and I was wondering who uses what, how much was it and why in their modified T? Additionally, does anyone use a differnet oil filter such as K&N? Cheers, Chris
  5. Ok. I am considering swapping my diff gears over to 4.11 from 3.46 however I beleive this would be too short. I realise I could get the 3.73 (and this is my most likely choice) however I was wondering if there would be any issues running the following tyre sizes in combination with the 4.11. 285/35/19 Diameter 682mm 275/40/19 Diameter 703mm 245/40/18 (stock) Diamer 653mm This would yield similar gearing to that which I desire however I am unsure of any possible adverse effects. Ie, would 285 even fit, with/without rolled gaurds? What tyres are available in these sizes? How much? Would it put much extra load on the axels? Would anything else have to be modified? How driveable would the car be with this gearing? As always, any oppinions, advice or knowledge is appreciated. Cheers, Chris
  6. I have to say I am probably in a relatively good position to comment on this. Having had both a unichip, and edit. I would also assume that I have received the optimal tune for both as I had the unichip fitted by APS HQ and the edit done by Nizpro HQ. I keep a very open mind about all this and have no particular preference to either tuning house, so I hope my oppinion is viewed as unbiased. The biggest difference in performance that I could tell between the unichip and the edit was purely down to consistency. I find that the power delivery with the edit is smoother and more consistent then with the unichip although the differnece is not HUGE. I was actually a little suprised when I got the edit as I was expecting so much more from all the hype surrounding it. It's definately better, but not by leaps and bounds like some would suggest. Dr.Z, is your car auto, or manual? Don't forget there are other considerations when crossing the 300rwkw line.
  7. Ohhh my goooooooood.....
  8. cdm

    Omg

    Well said.
  9. hahaha...noice burn! Dave. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> What's a "noice burn"?
  10. Thanks BCL. At this point in time I was purely after an indication of the market. I have no problem if people offer me $500 or $5000 as long as it is a realistic offer. I am not saying it is worth any more or any less, purely looking for other peoples oppinions so that I may gauge whether it is worthwhile selling. I have already had one realistic offer of $5500 for those who are also curious. Chris
  11. Someone will pay that for it. Me, I'd say 6k/6.5k <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
  12. well my BA is "basically" new so it's still worth 50,000?? Dave. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Perhaps you're a bit "basically" minded. I asked for expressions of interest, not simple minded commentary. Have a great day Chris
  13. $8750 new. I believe fitting is about $450 so around $7000 (considering it's basically new). Chris
  14. Hi there, could you please provide pricing and details on the B&M shortshifter for the T56? Cheers, Chris
  15. I am considering selling my Nizpro Stage 2. Details of the kit and its performance can be found here. The kit has only been on the car for approximately 3-4000km and comes with everything listed on the site. I do not wish to sell items seperately so don't ask. What sort of price would people be willing to pay for this? Cheers, Chris
  16. 13 CABS?
  17. Cheers turbo, I was hoping it may have gone the other way like a 3.83 so we could replace the 3.46 diff ratio (mk1 manual) in earlier cars for a bit better acceleration.
  18. I wonder if a six speed auto would have the same gear and final drive ratios as the T56 6 speed manual. Is there any reason why it wouldn't? If not, then what diff ratio would it use, shorter or taller?
  19. Thanks for the responses! It looks like 8.5" is the only logical solution. Cheers.
  20. Just wondering if anyone has fitted 9.5" wide wheels on the front, and why/why not. A lot of people are fitting 9.5" on the back and 8.5" on the front. Why not 9.5" all round. Then it would be possible to rotate the tyres and get increased life. Would 9.5" fronts perhaps rub on the gaurds? Would there be any detrimental effect on handling? If anything I would have thought it would improve? Cheers, Chris
  21. Somewhere around here is a tutorial I made on installing Sat Nav. I think I called the thread Sat Nav Self Install but I can't search for it for some reason... Cheers, Chris
  22. I tried to find you fools last night. I left Seven in Melbourne about midnight and went out as far as clayton, then around Chaddy a bit but gave up about 1ish. Had to work from 6 this morning. lol
  23. Well done Robin, am keen to hear your thoughts on the new setup as we have taken a similar path thus far...
  24. Ive seen your car around but never had a chance to say gday. Hope you can join us, it will be a good night. Rob... <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Yeh mate, as I said, I'm not real keen on a chapel run but pm me the time you rekon you guys will be hitting the princess and I will try and find ya's (provided I'm not stuck at work still)- I'm about 5 mins from chapel. Chris
  25. Fully sick bro.....Not up for chapel (wog laps) but should be lingering around the hwy as it is not far from home.....kinda...
×
×
  • Create New...