Jump to content

cdm

Member
  • Posts

    886
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by cdm

  1. cdm

    Laptop/tablets

    Thanks for the advice.... Bennywhite that website is a big help, cheers! Chris..I am tossing up between the HP TC1100 and the IBM X41..How is the screen on the IBM in sunlight? Is it still readable? So far I have only heard good things about the thinkpad series....I'm can get one from the states (through eBay) for about $2500 or about $3500 from a local shop...Am leaning towards eBay, due to price, but am fairly reluctant about handing that much cash over eBay....
  2. cdm

    Laptop/tablets

    Thanks..I was tossing up between the IBM or the HP TC1100...The HP is smaller, but the IBM has more features. The two most important factors for me are size (smaller) and being able to view the screen outdoors. Unfortunately, not too many tablets seem very capable outdoor...Any feedback on the IBM tablet screens in sunlight?
  3. cdm

    Laptop/tablets

    I am looking to purchase an IBM X41 tablet and was wondering if anyone could recommend somewhere I would be able to get a good deal? I am considering getting one from the states through eBay however I would much prefer to buy one that's already in the country. Has anyone had any experience with slates/tablets? If so, what are your thoughts? Cheers, Chris
  4. The Truth
  5. Don't end up like this guy Mystery man
  6. Thanks..I know about the grey (gay) bumper bits...I purchased the kit already painted and was under the impression that te silver bits were a charcoal colour...I don't mind it now..
  7. Are you a 'driver' or a 'passenger'?
  8. Buy the T and drive it on your P's. Suck it and see. Remove the turbo badges and don't put up P plates...If you don't act like a dick your chances of getting caught are slim. What's the penalty?
  9. My mate who works in a car dealership had a red XR in there with white wheels..He said they looked awesome, but impossible to keep clean...
  10. Pic 2
  11. Pic taken with the phone sorry..
  12. Thanks for the replies guys..I eneded up using an 8mm spacer on the fronts only and they 'just' clear the brakes...I checked the thread available and there did appear to be approximately an equal amount of length to diameter as per hideous's post. Needles to say, I will be keeping a very close eye on them indeed just to make sure. The car looks absolutely hot now. I will take some photos with the camera soon. Cheers!
  13. Thanks Jordak. I'm obviously more concerned about safety then the legalities of it...Why five tuns?
  14. http://www.gruppea.com.au/gruppea%20wheels.htm <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Coon: Thanks. I'll call them in the morning... Fraggle and Phantom XR: Did you guys see the hubs for that price or just the spacers?
  15. Thanks for your advice Robin...Before I bought them I actualy spoke to about 3 tyre places (as I was calling around finding out the RRP of the wheels) and they all said they would fit over the Ford premium brakes no worries. My appologies if I inferred that it was you who told me they would fit... None the less...I think I will purchase the spacers tomorrow and fit the wheels to the car. Then when I get a chance, I will whip them off and properly attach the spacers to the rim..I just hope that there is enough thread to safely hold the wheels on (will obviously check this before I drive off)....Thanks.
  16. Faaaaaaaaark...I bought them after being told specifically that they would fit over the PBR's. The person I bought them off couldn't fit them on their car because they had the Brembos.....And I know they will fit on over the standard brakes because they are the same wheels that iTec used to have. Hmmm...because I bought them so long ago there is no point trying to argue about it.... What is the problem with spacers? Why are they illegal? Falcoon, where did you get hubs etc from in that picture? I only need the fronts as the backs fit fine....Grrrrr. I've already bought new rubber etc for them aswell as my 18's are dead.... Cheers
  17. Hey. After having a set of 19" Starcorp Impul Racing rims in my cupboard for about 8 months I have finally decided to fit them to my car (was waitng till the 18's were out of tread). Any, the rears fit (just) but the fronts wont clear the PBR calipers (same as Ford premiums)..... Has anyone else had this issue, and if so, how did you solve it? We tried 2x3mm spacers and it was close, but not quite enough...I f I use 8-10mm of spacers it should be enough to clear it however I don't know the details of doing this.....Are they legal? Will they alter the handling in any way (wider stance at the front).... Can they lead to extra stress and premature failure of any front suspension/stearing components? Will there be enough thread available to 'safely' secure the front wheels? Are some better/worse then others? Why? T he tyre guy seems sure that it is possible to remove the front studs and replace them with longer ones. Is this possible? If so, where in Melbourne and how much? THANKS!! Chris.
  18. If you REALLY want to go quicker, then just get the T. Debadge and don't put up any P plates. In the 4 years I was on my P's (had them extended by one year because I was caught speeding) I only had them up about 3 months. I went through breath tests etc with no P's and no worries.
  19. cdm

    New Gtho

    The 371kw S/C V8 rumour has been around for ages....I doubt we will see anything anytime soon but if we do, it has to be a V8.
  20. 300 to 350km, 6 speed manual...
  21. I would love to know what it takes to get a manual into the 10's. I went for a ride in my neighbuors VL turbo (auto) the other day that pulled a 10.8 and it felt WAY quicker then my manual 338rwkw XR6T. Gogo: Out of interest, what's your rev limit set at?
  22. How much?
  23. cdm

    Cool Car Add

    Nice mountain drive
  24. I have a girlfriend I might swap for the car? Then again.....a slab of Becks and we'll call it square....
  25. cdm

    New Gearbox

    And a diff ratio swap to 3.73 or 4.11 if you don't want to end up going slower!! About $1600
×
×
  • Create New...