Jump to content

cdm

Member
  • Posts

    886
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by cdm

  1. As far as I know the problems with delivery times, is not so much demand (although there is a lot) but is manufacture. Ford are supposed to be building about 420 cars a day, but are apparently struggling to make 60 because they are having so many problems with them. Especially with the station wagon which is why there are none around yet.
  2. cdm

    Auto times?

    Thanks, looks like the auto it is then...I tried changing the diff ratio in my AU from 3.45 to 3.73 but nobody would do it. All sorts of reasons why, but I tried about 8 places! Anyway, thanks. Btw. My AU XR6VCT is for sale if anyone is interested.
  3. cdm

    Auto times?

    I know how much the engine puts out. But I want to know how much the gearbox can handle. The manual is the old one from the AU XR8 which used the have 435nm I think. But no where can I find the actual ratings of the gearbox's. Its no good having a modified 300kw XR6T if the gearbox can only handle 240kw reliably then blows up. Gearbox torque ratings. I think I need to contact the manufacturer.
  4. I am looking at buying the BA XR6T, and am deciding between the auto or the manual. I currently have an AU XR6VCT with an auto and was really keen on the manual (don't like my auto), but since I drove the BA with the sequential auto now I'm not to sure. It was really nice. I have spoken to several different Ford people and no one can give me a torque rating for the 5 speed manual and/or the 4 speed auto. This is important to me because I plan on modifying the car, and want the strongest box. Also, I can not seem to find any times for the auto XR6T yet, only the manual. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers, Chris
×
×
  • Create New...