-
Posts
886 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by cdm
-
G'day turbocorty! Would I be correct to assume that if I fitted the Sat Nav for $3000 that this would give me additional AV inputs? If this is the case would I then be able to plug in my own DVD player or XBOX etc instead of the blau system? What is the resolution of the Ford screen and how many colours does it have? Is the Satnav DVD based? Thanks. Cheers, Chris.
-
Hi! I am 99.9% sure that premium sound on the utes does not come with the colour screen or the sub like the sedans due. How much was it on the ute?
-
I will post the mpg when I can host it somewhere. Sounds very promising..... Who's for a group purchase I'm a little confused. When it says "Nav & BA multimedia interface", do you think this means that it will have an open RCA port to plug in an external device? ie, Xbox, or do you think they are just implying that this device is interfaced into the monitor? I would rather pay a couple of hundred for an xbox which can play DVD than 1500 for their DVD player.
-
Are you sure? I ordered the 18's and am pretty sure (not positive - couldn't be bothered checking) that I only have a steel spare...
-
Probably a lot similar to my car! :D Click me and me me too.
-
True about the bodykits. I'm still not a fan of the Y series bodykit. I think the VX Clubsport was the best looking and the Monaro looks nice in standard form, with the addition GTS 19" wheels. It spoils it having the crappy HSV bodykit. Anyway, I think that ute was a 6.2L and I am under the impression that from VE onwards HSV will use the 6.2L and Expensive Daewoo the 6.0L V8. Correct me if I'm wrong.
-
I know, the suspense is killing me!
-
For those that are lucky enough to have full access to Autospeed, here is an article on the AVO stage one kit that sells for $3900 fitted. There is also some info on their website.
-
Maybe its just me, but now when I search for something I come up with heaps of useless responses, even if I know the title of the post I am searching for. For example, I just did a search for an old post titled "Not happy Jan" and got about 53 pages, even though that was the exact name of the topic. Is it possible to have an advanced search function or make the current search a little more specific? Cheers, Chris.
-
Just dug this one up again, as I saw a phanton XR8 ute with the plate SSETA. Also made me have a laugh..
-
Hey, I don't know anything about birds, but wouldn't it be a bit strange to have two bird names for one car? I.e Ford Falcon Peregrine? Considering the rest of the range Falcon GT and Falcon XR6 Turbo. I like something simple like FPV Falcon T6.
-
Yeah, if you wanna go slower! This certainly is an old post...Well, I ended up going the manual, and although it can be a little bit of a dog at times, I'm so glad I chose it. It really is a matter of personal choice, no one can tell you what to get. It's just something you have to experience for yourself I think.
-
Sooooo. Is anyone going to fill us in on some of the conversation?? Did they give a price for the Phase II kit? What was mentioned about the reliability of the manual box? Will APS offer a new box or short shifter or any other options? What's the go with insurance?? Anything?
-
Sorry to hear about your problems mate. Re the knock in the back, this may sound silly but check the spare is properly secured. The first XRT I test drove did this and the spare wasn't secured properly. Good luck with it all!!
-
I agree, but I probably wouldn't have picked it if Cam hadn't said anything.
-
I work for a component supplier to the automotive industry if you would really like to know, however we don't do any work for Ford, and I don't see what this has to do with the cop car living next door to dankman.
-
Build a bridge. I thought we all got over this ages ago. I would love to see some good quality photo's of an XRT highway patrol car, but what I would really love, is to know if they really are just stock standard XRT's?? Appart from all the pretty lights etc, is there any difference in performance? Do the have a different air intake or ECU settings? And do they run 17's or 18's?? Are they manual or SSS? Do they get tinted windows (curious about that one)??
-
I feel for ya mate! When I asked my girlfriend how close I was to the curb I got the reply, "yeah, your fine", followed by a blank look as my rims scraped the curb, and my face turned to murderous...Rims still not fixed as I don't know where to go either...
-
Personally - I agree. GT stripes are for GT's. If they make a flared bonnet for a FPV Turbo - it belongs on the FPV Turbo. Just think of all the times we've bagged the sh*te out of standard Crummydores with HSV stickets on the windscreens. It's a matter of personal preference at the end of the day. Considering these stripes are not GT stripes I don't see how it's copying them. They are very different to the GT stripes and simply serve to personalise a vehicle. Some people prefer to keep their vehicles stock standard, others rather be a little individual and I think I fit into the second category. I have done several other more subtle things to differentiate my baby from the pack, that's just the way I am. As far as bagging standard dunnydores with HSV stickers...the XRT is much closer to a GT in performance than an XT and even then, if the dunnydore owner wants to put on an HSV sticker, good on em...It doesn't affect me in anyway so why should I care? I personally would not put on an XR8 bonnet or a GT bodykit because that's not what my car is (hence why they are not GT stripes either) however I would have no problem putting in bonnet vents (if it was cheaper/easier) or other individual mods as opposed to imitating a current design. I don't take any offence to the criticism, each to their own.
-
$390 fitted. I think the ford GT stripes are about $470 not fitted, and in my oppinion these look stacks better...
-
Hey WATurbo, Welcome to the forum! Try these links: Removed centre exhaust Exhaust change Hope these help! I beleive removing the centre muffler on the XRT is possibly the most simple cost effective mod you can make. Sounds good, gains approx 13rwk and is cheap (I paid about $80).
-
Thanks! :D
-
Thanks guys! At first I wasn't too sure but they do really grow on you. I like it that they are different from the GT stripes too. I did consider when I had my AU (touring car bodykit etc) of two fat white stripes going over the top but I think that might have been a bit much! These still look classy I think. As for the vents, I have given up on that idea for the time being only because I really don't like the idea of someone cutting big holes in my bonnet, then I will probably have to respray the bonnet as well. However, if the FPV 6T has the vents then I might grab a bonnet off that! Oh, and JESMAL, I saw your car in Chapel St. a couple of months back...VERY nice mate, I would love to know how that baby goes...
-
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.