Jump to content

cdm

Member
  • Posts

    886
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by cdm

  1. CFM I doubt that the muffler mod or air cleaner will produce any power over the stock power output, that said those mods cant do any harm. The limit of the stock fuel injectors is 280KW, so with the UNICHIP installed and tuned max power will be in the 270 to 280Kw depending on how good the base engine is. From there you will need larger injectors and a very low restriction exhaust system to make further progress. PETER APS Thanks for the reply Peter. I had a UNICHIP in my old car (AU XR6) and was impressed hence why I am happy to come back to your company. I have noticed you are considering offering the phase one kit with injectors and plug in chip in the future. If you go ahead with this, would it be possible for all the existing phase 1 owners to come in and purchase the injectors to compliment there existing chip? If this is the case, what output would we be looking at for injectors and chip? 300kw? Approximately how much would it cost for existing phase 1 owners to have the injectors fitted and chip appropriately retuned. I think offering this sort of kit would be a good way of reducing the stepping stone in price for the phase 2 kit. On a slightly different not, I think if the phase 2 kit was $5000 and 350kw it would be the best damn bang for your buck in town! However, I guess considering it has already gone through the EPA testing etc it wouldn't be possible to up the power and maintain the 'mean and grean' status. Thanks in advance. Chris
  2. VG, how about taking off the Turbo badge? I get the ricers (ful sik skyline maaaaaate) and the roscoe's (v8 VK moit!) a fair bit around here. I usually have a bit of fun when they are sitting next to me at the lights. If they sit there revving and standing on the brakes etc I like to give a bit of a rev and pretend I'm keen. Then, as they go tearing off the lights like a maniac, I putt away casually laughing my head off as some goon pulls away in there VK blowing smoke and sounding like a tractor....
  3. I have done centre muffler and K&N panel filter. Next step will be a unichip. With the centre muffler removed and the K&N filter what rear wheel kw can I expect after adding the chip and running optimax? Ideally in the future I would love 350kw neat however I don't have the dollars required for phase 2 or 3. Before I move on to these I will be getting DBA slotted front rotors and better pads and also a Herrod sureshift. In the meantime I think I will sit it out at least another 6 months to see what develops in the market and if there is any price movements.
  4. cdm

    Big Brakes Anyone!

    Red sounds good to me. If $1500 was possible I would snap them up immediately, however, $3k may be more realistic for a BIG setup, but considering the majority of these cars don't do track work, I'm not sure how many people will fork out that much. $1500 would be my limit I think as I was considering a relatively minor brake upgrade anyway which would cost less than this. DBA slotted and better pads. Cheers, Chris
  5. A lot of these can be done to series 1 if you wanted. Auto up and down on all windows and illuminated switches can be done. The gearchange can be made better with either an SVO lightning shift or Herrod Sureshift A unichip will bring you up to 280kw and improve economy. Instead of a 75L take get a unichip and run Optimax this should make about the same difference. Gearnob can be changed (bloody hard to unscrew) Can run mp3 through AUX or if you want a more factory setup get the blau system mounted in the tissue holder. Brakes can also be upgraded. DBA slotted etc If you have premium audio all you have to do is add the globes for front footwell lights. Having said all this, I agree that it would be bloody nice if the car had all this to begin with!
  6. G'day guys! I hope everyone who has got there gauges so far is happy with them! I installed mine today after twisting my body into several karma sutra positions to locate the tubing behind the dash. My colour is a little bit off to so I rang the guys at Gaugeworks. They seem very helpful and freindly which is always a good sign. Apparently they will have a colour fix available soon -hopefully by the end of next week. Mine is also slighlty lighter than the rest of the dash which does annoy me, but I'm glad they're looking into it. The only other thing that is a little bit wierd is that at idle and under no load mine swings anti-clockwise all the way around to about 14psi.... When the car is turned off it sits at 0 and when I am up it it gets around to 6psi but it still looks a bit wierd sitting all the way around the back.... Other than that I am very happy with the gauge and look forward to the colour fix. I would have no problems recommending this company to anyone looking for this kind of setup as they have clearly put a lot of effort into the gauge and are willing to look after the customer after they have made the sale...if only the same could be said about most Ford dealerships!
  7. Ooops. I just noticed that. :D Yes. They are bloody quick!
  8. Can say that again. My car is going into the panel beater tomorrow to fix two big scratches they put on my car while it was in for a 15 000km/h service. They are fixing it but have already admitted they are going to try and get them cut out if they can to save them the $$$ from having to respray the panels. Dirty....a brand fu(ken new car...........
  9. I have the same problem. Very noticable on AUX. I mentioned this to them but, typical of Ford service departments....We have never heard it before? Your car is the first one we know of??
  10. Guys, cdm has organised the group buy and it has already progressed. Sorry for those that missed out. May I suggest that if the interest is still there, someone could contact Gaugeworks and organise another group buy? Thanks mate. Sorry I haven't responded earlier guys but I have been away for a couple of days. I think the demand would be there for another group purchase however if you wanted it less than $316 I rekon you would probably need 14 or so orders and you may get them down to $300. that's what I would suggest aiming for if someone organises another group purchase. Alternatively, 8 people gauranteed and $316 is what the original group paid. If someone does organise another group purchase and needs any info I am happy to help. They were a very good company to deal with so I doubt the next person should have any trouble. Cheers, Chris
  11. I'd suggest that they should be doing better on price if quantity of order increases. I agree, you would think more gauges, better price, but as I said, their pricing policy is not my call, and now the deal is done anyway. I am certainly much happier with this price than the original $395.
  12. Ok guys. Hopefully everybody on the list has received a PM from my by now regarding what needs to be done to order. If not, please let me know. I am afraid that any further orders after this post should be directed straight at Gaugeworks and not through me as I am not an agent of the company. I would assume they will probably charge the full retail price of $395 to once of orders. Thanks for your understanding and I will stop updating the list from now however I will keep responding to this thread. Cheers, Chris
  13. Even though the original quote was only for 8 gauges if more people are interested I will see if we can organise the same price. Having said this I can make no gaurantee's so I have added possible extra's to the list seeing as the first 8 spots went so quick. I don't see why they wouldn't offer additional gauges at the same price however it's not my call so I can's say. I would also like to thank Dagabond for helping me keep the list up to date while I'm away from the forum. Thanks mate. Regards, Chris
  14. I agree. I mentioned that some of the mods run upward of 15psi and that the people paying thousands for this mods would probably be happy to pay for the gauge however they didn't sound keen. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the APS Phase 3 run something like 18-19psi? I planning on phase 2 for the future which I beleive is about 13psi so I rekon the 0-15psi gauge should do the trick nicely for me. Anyway. Now that the list is full I will give them a call monday and hopefully let you all know by monday night or tuesday whats going on. Thanks guys. Cheers, Chris
  15. cdm

    New Commodore V6 Turbo

    I seem to remember reading somewhere that they will be doing this engine in a couple of capacites, might have been 2.8, 3.2 and 3.8 and that some of them would have a low pressure turbo as they would be exporting the engines for saabs. If this is true then I would assume Expensive Daewoo would use the 3.8 in the dunnydore and export the others.
  16. G'day guys. I have emailed them to confirm if the trim piece is included. I assume it is but I will let you know the reply. Zeke I think you will have to pay extra for shipping. As far as I know at this stage that price is for the gauge only, once again, I will confirm this. If so, I would guess shipping to cost about $15-20, not exactly sure of that one. OwnaXR6T unfortunately this is the response I received regarding a 20psi gauge. "Yes there we did opt to make a 0-15psi (no vac) as a option when we designed the gauge and is available, this is the only other gauge available as the cost to make the gauge is high and I can't see enough demand to make it a viable option to make any other gauge of the same quality. It is possible to make another type of gauge but it may cost more and the quality of the dial wouldn't be the as good." I am not really sure why they need to know if the vehicles are autos or manuals? Perhaps I have interpreted the response completelt wrong but this didn't really make sense to me: "We also need to know if any are needed for manual transitioned XR turbo's." If that means anything to someone then please explain. I will try and give them a call monday arvo and find out how we should work the payment and how much the will charge for shipping. If anyone has any questions please let me know. So far everything I know is in this thread but if there is something you would like me to ask either PM me, email me ([email protected]) or reply to this thread. Regards, Chris
  17. Edit: Split Topic. Original HERE. Ok guys. The price is $316 per gauge, based on a purchase of 8 gauges. 5 of these are 0-10psi and 3 of them are 0-15psi. So, whoever is in should put their name down asap. I will contact them as soon as I have a complete list and organise payment. I think they will probably want 8 firm deposits before they give us the gauges for this amount. When I speak with them I will clarify this. Perhaps a reference to the site or my name or something when giving the deposit may be needed, will let you know. So... who is definitely in? If we have even more people that would be willing to purchase at this price I will go back for another quote but this price sounds far more reasonable to me. 15psi cdm BATRB-6 BATRB-6 2nd one. possible extra's cul08r 10psi AWW XR6T UTE ducatijb Zeke Mals BA XR6T Goose possible extra's Trumpy Basher_tsv Cam Cheers, Chris edit: Please note this group purchased has been completed and if you want to purchase a gauge you should contact the company directly unless you wish to organise another group purchase. There is no need to PM me.
  18. As far as I know, yes it does.
  19. Photoblocker AUS If anyone gets some of this stuff I will grab a can off them. It's cheaper if you can order it from the US of A direct. Yank site I dunno if they will sell it to you direct though or tell you to go to the aussie dude.
  20. I've read about that photoblocker...looks like good stuff except I'm pretty sure the cameras don't need to flash anymore to get you...having said that, if anyones got a spare can lying around I'd buy it. Cant be bothered ordering from the states...Oh, and so as not to stray too far off topic.....I have ordered one of these grills too. :D
  21. Ok. I am waiting on a price. I'm not too sure how this is gonna work if we do arrange a group purchase. I'm guessing they will probably want a set ammount of deposits (eg 10) before they hand over the gauges at the discounted price. $400 is definately to much coin for me so lets hope they come back with a reasonable offer.
  22. Is that I little Bruce Lee? Lovin it!
  23. Try Gruppe A (<--click). This is and Bogan special are the only mobs I know of so far. Hope it helps ya!
  24. cdm

    Ask Ponch

    G'day G'day! Just wondering what the penalty is for the obstruction of a number plate in Victoria? For all those that live down dusty dirt roads and the plate cant be identifed etc Cheers, Chris
  25. And the response (summarised). They do make a 0-15psi gauge (no vac) but have not done a 0-20psi gauge due to cost and lack of demand. Accuracy is just as good as any other on the market and they are individually tested when made. The kit comes with simple pictured installation instructions and takes any where between 15 to 30 mins to install. They can install if needed for $33. Quantity purchases are available at a lower cost, POA. So there we have it! $395 is a bit steep for me however depending on how many people are interested we should be able to come up with some kind of deal.
×
×
  • Create New...