-
Posts
886 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by cdm
-
Ahoy Ahoy. Just wondering who has an Apple ipod or ipod mini? I will be backpacking through China/Mongolia/Russia for 6 weeks from June and I wanna take some tunes with me. I have a Sony MD but don't particullarly fancy the idea of carrying the MD's around everywhere. How portable is the ipod really? Does it mark easily? Is it fairly sturdy? Does it take long to transfer the songs? Is it reliable? How long does the battery last? How long does it take to charge? What sort of batteries does it take? Do you use all of the space? I like the idea of the media reader so I can store photos directly from the SD card of my camera onto the ipod as I don't think I will find too many internet cafes etc around Mongolia . If anyone has any other usefull information or suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!! Cheers, Chris PS: If anyonee is interested in a barely used Sony MD let me know.
-
I know there is another thread on power loss but it is not the same issue that I am having so I did not want to hijack it. I am wondering if anyone has experienced any loss of power beyond 4000rpm in 4th (manual)? To be more specific. When accelerating WOT in 1-2-3 there is no problems however sometimes (maybe 50% of occasions) when WOT in 4th gear the car will rev cleanly to 4000rpm then drop back to about 3700rpm and slowly creep up to 4000rpm again but not past. This also happens in 5th (I can't remember if it occurs at the same rpm - think it may be less). The car does not go into limp mode, and makes no strange noises etc. Full power is achieved all the way to 4000rpm and all the way through the rev range in 1-2-3. I can not for the life of me work out what this is! Has anyone experienced this or something similar? Does anyone have any clues? Thanks in advance. Chris.
-
Could you please explain a little more about these 'pfitzner gears'? From what I understand they are a straight cut gearset yet I'm not entirely sure I understand this concept. Can anyone provide a reasonably detailed description of this in Laymans terms and also how they affect the driveability of the car/smoothness of the gearbox? A quick search on google revealed they can be purchased for $6500 for the T5. Cheers, Chris hi cdm the pfitzner gear wont be straight cut but not the same as standard I am going through the program with him now as I help him with the devolment of the salooncar ones which by the way are not a lot different. I will keep people posted the box will be around $4000.00-$5000 Thanks badxr6... This may well be the cheaper alternative people (such as myself) are looking for. I would certainly think that the weekness of the gearbox is what stops a lot of people looking for the BIG power figures ie 300rwk+. Can you provide any more technical details on this? Does it alter the driveability of the car at all etc etc? Thanks. Chris.
-
Could you please explain a little more about these 'pfitzner gears'? From what I understand they are a straight cut gearset yet I'm not entirely sure I understand this concept. Can anyone provide a reasonably detailed description of this in Laymans terms and also how they affect the driveability of the car/smoothness of the gearbox? A quick search on google revealed they can be purchased for $6500 for the T5. Cheers, Chris
-
Hmmm....damn lefties.... ECO + 5.62 (Right) Social -0.21 (Lib) Closest to the likes of Freidman.
-
Click Me :D
-
You will either have to build the cable that's over on fordmods but then you will need an RGB output from the DVD or you could by the IVSC-5501 signal converter ($270-300 if ordered from US) and BA interface ($189) from Blaupunkt.
-
Um I think you didn't think to hard on that one, go back & look through the history on the Falcon & you'll see some prettysporty numbers, I seem to remember something about an XR GT, Phase III, XE ESP & so on & so on Scotty CCC Fair call, and they're all great cars however I was infering that a 'true' sports car is traditionally a light(ish), purpose built coupe, not a heavy four door family sedan that has been transformed into something 'sporty' by droping in a big 'f*ck off V8' (as my brother would say describing his R/T Challenger). To keep things balanced, correct me if I'm wrong, but did the HO Phase III have the same engine as the GT40 (Now that's a car)? All I'm saying is that I beleive the Skyline to be more sporting then the Falcon, but I hear what your saying... Chris PS: Sorry Chris (CJF) I didn't realise the vid was in the members section! Gotta love this place...
-
Just a small point, in my eyes Ford is not a prestige brand, and although I own an XRT the fact is the car is really a souped up taxi/family car trying to be sporty (and doing a pretty good job at it). Although the 4 door skyline is pretty ordinary it has more sport in its bloodline then the falcon - considering it is related to one of the greatest performance cars to come out Japan, R34 GTR and its predecessors. The Falcon is great BFYB but it is probably more of a “pseudo sports” car then the Nissan. As for the Nissan – the fact a lot of wankers drive around in their full sick rice mobiles doesn’t change the fact it’s a good car. In fifteen years time the next generation of doof doofers will be getting around in XRT’s like they do in the VL’s and skylines at the moment. Just a thought...
-
You love that number plate don't you? Try clicking this APS Power/torque/price Chris
-
Knowing Ford that wouldn't suprise me. Maybe I should ask Herrods? They did a few AU XR8's that were getting around with 330kw and would have to have similar torque levels. I believe the T5 in the XRT is exactly the same as the AU XR8 job (strengthend internals compared to the normal AU BA 6's). Would I be wrong to assume that a stock T5 might last 150 000km wheras one coping with 600nm (p2 levels) may only last around 60 000kms? Educated guesses welcome (WBT56?) Chris
-
Did anyone scroll down and click on the maggot link in the text below the tit? Now that is f u c k I n g gross!
-
Thanks for the great info toyman! I'm sure many members will find this very interesting and now that you have popped out from 'under the rock' I don't think you will be allowed back. The more info the merrier! Cheers, Chris
-
Good point, but not really an option for those who already own a T. Then again, you have to consider how much money you would lose on selling or trading in your current T for a new model....and again, you would then have to consider the increased future resale of the 05 FPV compared to an 02-03-04 T....Then again....blah blah...so many numbers/variables and considerations. :locked:
-
Thanks for the replies. It may end up cheeper in the long run to upgrade to a series 2 or a typhoon if they provide a stronger box, valve springs, conrods and uprated fuel system. $8500+ for T56 conversion. $900 for valve springs $1000-$1500 for injectors $380 for a fuel pump This comes out at $10780-$11280 Assuming the typhoon has all of these, which it may not (for example the injectors/pump may be the same as the T) then it may well be a worthwhile proposition. Not to mention the fact that it has the uprgraded intercooler and air intake. Just trying to crunch some very rough numbers here. Assuming the T is about 45k+11k (adding the above items) =56k then if you want to add a p3 setup its around 8.5-9k (coz injectors and pump were included in original 11k) more so your at 65k+ (no options and no onroads etc). If the typhoon did not require any of the above, or a larger intercooler and different intake to achieve p3 power levels then the price of the p3 should be around 4500-5000 cheaper (approx. 2500 I/c, 1500 injectors, 400 pump, 400 intake). So in theory, a Typhoon with about $5000 spent should achieve p3 power levels but work out cheaper in the end then a modified T. ie, 5k+56k=61k instead of 65k and you also get the benefit of it being an FPV and all the things that go with that... Any thoughts/ideas?
-
I needed a good laugh, cheers!
-
Does anyone know (or even an educated guess) the approximate expected lifespan (in km) of a T5 behind a bog stock XRT driven under 'normal' conditions? For example, 200 000km? From experience Brian, approximately how many km did you get from your car at 340rwk? Do you think the Herrod Sureshift played any part in its quick death? I have heard from a few members that say their gearbox's have started to whine beyond about 300rwkw. To those of you with those power figures (turbo4lt etc), how many km have you now done (since the power upgrade) and how is it holding up? What would be an approximate lifespan for a T5 behind 525nm, 600nm, 700nm and 800nm? Surely there must be some rough estimates out there? Has there been any more developments into upgrades or options regarding the T5? I know of the T56 but any others? What is a replacement T5 worth trade price? I think the integrity of the T5 is an issue of concern for most people considering modifying their manual XRT's. I know this has been discussed time and time again however maybe there have been some new developments? Maybe not...By now there should at least be a little more knowledge as there are a few XRT's getting around now with 280rwkw+. Cheers, Chris
-
From numerous people and writes ups on the net the common message about this company appears to be, "don't go there..." Although I have not dealt with this company myself, I would not recommend them. If your looking for just a chip and no further mods try APS (Unichip) or Chiptorque (Exede). If you wanted to go further there are a few companies offering products eg DNA motorsport, CAPA, AVO etc but my personal oppinion would be to stick to the two main players. They are both respected and reputed companies. Chris.
-
Hah, doesn't the saying go, 90% of blokes wank and 10% are liars? On a more serious note. I think everyone is taking things a little too seriously. I support the moderators and think they do a great job of keeping this place together. Tockley, take a chill pill mate, this thread began with a light hearted intent, and Dallas mearly gave you a friendly and polite warning. We live in an increasingly litigious society and unfortunately it has come to a point where almost everything in life needs a legal disclaimer on it. However, this is the case and the moderators must protect the integrity of the forum for the greater good. If you choose to stay then I'm sure you will enjoy your time spent on the forum and learn a lot about your car, however if you don't like the company of us "wankers" then I'm sure you won't be missed if you don't come back. It seems to me that you have fulfilled one of your duties, Get over it.
-
OT: That just got me thinking. I have been here since the 02/10/02. Bugger me, where has the time gone?!?!
-
Was it a cold morning in Sydney? My car did this several times. It would over boost then go into limp mode for 45-60 secs and recover. By your explanation it would sound like this is the case. Not sure what you can do about it. Best to check with the dealer. Chris.
-
Sounds good doc. How about posting it as an attachment so everyone can see. It seems like the best way to spread it to me... Chris PS: To attach files look below the 'original post to quote' box.
-
Has anyone achieved or bettered the 282.7rwkw advertised on the aps website?
-
Plain boxter (ala poverty pack) no thanks, but then I wouldn't take the GT either. Could you pick any two less similar cars in the world? It depends on you needs. Got kids get the GT. Wanna root, get the boxter (joke!). Although I'm not a fan of the normal muffster hand me the S version any day (assuming I couldn't afford a 911). Hmmmmm.....let me think.....Brake shudder, crappy service, dodgy gearbox's, driveline shunt (Ford), or, quality, prestige, performance, service, reliability (Porsche).... Don't get me wrong, I love my Falcon, and it's great BFYB, but it's almost an insult to put Porsche in the same sentence as Ford. Flame suit on....
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.