-
Posts
886 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by cdm
-
I don't think 155 million would be enough to teach the dealers that customers are the only reason they exist so they should stop treating them like idiots.
-
Did all the Habibs have their Fubu caps up? Pft...Damn clones!
-
The APS car ran 307Km/H!!! I only want a speedo that reads 300! Maybe I could get one that reads 310??? I would be a brave/stupid man to take a Falcon up to or over 300km/h on pubic roads. The APS car ran at Avalon airport which as a very wide and long runway.
-
Hmmm. After having a few beers then seeing this post I am slightly confused...
-
As awesome as that idea would be, I think Ford would be better off looking into weight reduction first. An XRT with AWD would have to tip the scales close to 2 tonne! Nice idea though....
-
Another $40USD coming your way Chris via Paypal. Thanks for the great site and keep up the good work to all the moderators! I think it may be beneficial to the site to make the donating member status like a subscription, so people then have to donate a little bit every year if they want to be considered a donating member. Just a thought. Thanks anyway! Cheers, Chris.
-
Interesting... 0.28 is very good. Naturally if the Cd is lower than the 0.34 I guessed then the top speed figures I quoted will be a bit higher. This would help explain the APS P3 running to 307km/h too.
-
Yum. Have fun cleaning all that off...
-
I don't think it will make any difference. Without fiddling with the computer, a better flowing exhaust and intake setup will result in less back pressure and higher then standard boost levels. What this means is that once boost goes over 6psi (or 7?) the computer will kill the fun and register an overboost. In other words, little or no gain unless you play with the computer. I would suggest your best bet would be to get in touch with APS or Chiptorque and investigate a chip. Cheers, Chris
-
That might provide a hint to when series II is released? Indeed. Me thinks they are probably trying to keep up the sales momentum until series 2 arrives late september. Remember BA was released September 25th so I would think 2 years is good timing.
-
Below is the program for everyone to play with. I remember reading about it on here ages ago then I d/l it and forgot all about it.....quite interesting...enjoy. PS: I hope this works... cartest.exe
-
Sorry Geea I couldn't find a feature in the program that allowed this. You have mail btw... Chris.
-
Chris, or with the stock T5 trans, 3.23 to 1 diff ratio and a slightly larger diameter tyre the APS phase III car actually went 307 KPH at avalon recently. Peter APS G'day Peter. I knew about the P3 at Avalon which was a tremendous effort however this is just a simple program someone has put together that yeilds reasonablly accurate results. Obviously it can't compete with real thing! Do you know the Coefficient of Drag for the XRT body and the approximate mass (%) over the front wheels? These figures are based on a Cd of .34 which is simply a guess... Thanks. Chris.
-
40 front, 38 rear on 18's. I try to check em every 2 weeks and always before a road trip. Chris.
-
Hmmm. Tried to zoom in on the gear nob to see if it had a 5 or 6 printed on it....no luck...
-
Out of interest I thought I would run the numbers on Brians beast. I hope you don't mind Brian. These time are based on 400fwkw (approx 341rwk) and 825nm @ 3750 RPM (got this from another thread) running on 19X9.5" tyres at 35 profile (is this right?) and using the T56 gears. 0-100km/h in 4.29 secs 0-400m in 12.5 secs at 192km/h Top speed 303km/h! Well done! Sounds like a very nice ride you have there. Chris
-
Out of interest, someone with 330kw may even be better off going down to a 3.23 (XR8) if they wanna get better fuel economy. The times are barely slower: 0-100km/h 4.8s secs 0-400m in 13 secs at 175km/h Top speed 278km/h
-
I have been thinking about a ratio swap using the Territory gears (if possible) but now I am not too sure. Using a program called cartest I have extracted to following figures for everyones perusal (is that even a word?)... To get more accurate figures I need exact cd, % weight over front wheels and ground clearance. With the normal BA XR6T final drive ratio (3.45) the following is theoretically correct: 240kw and 450nm 0-100km/h 5.8 secs 0-400m 14.2 secs Top speed 251km/h (no limiter) 330kw and 603nm 0-100km/h 4.7 secs 0-400m 13.0 secs @ 177km/h Top speed 274km/h 390kw and 706nm 0-100km/h 4.2 secs 0-400m 12.5 secs @ 188km/h Top speed 288km/h With a final drive ratio swap up to 3.73 all these times seem to go backwards due to excess wheelspin. This based on 18X8" wheels. If you could get traction that would be another story. 240kw and 450nm 0-100km/h 6.4 secs 0-400m 14.2 secs @ 159km/h Top speed 246km/h (no limiter) 330kw and 603nm 0-100km/h 5.6 secs 0-400m 13.0 secs @ 178km/h Top speed 259km/h 390kw and 706nm 0-100km/h 4.8 secs 0-400m 12.5 secs @ 188km/h Top speed 259km/h And with the 4.1 from the AWD territory we get: 240kw and 450nm 0-100km/h 6.3 secs 0-400m 14.2 secs @ 161km/h Top speed 235km/h (no limiter) 330kw and 603nm 0-100km/h 5.2 secs 0-400m 13.1 secs @ 173km/h Top speed 235km/h 390kw and 706nm 0-100km/h 4.8 secs 0-400m 12.6 secs @ 181km/h Top speed 235km/h So there you have it. These figures appear pretty accurate to me but I'm sure they are not spot on. Give or take maybe 0.2 secs I would think. Cheers, Chris
-
While we're dreaming, it would be nice if it had the Jag 6 speed and/or (preferably) a nice new 6 speed manual... Chris
-
I remember reading somewhere that Ford have registered the name Hurricane and there was speculation as to whether this would be the name of an FPV Territory. Judging by the good write up the Territory has been getting I would certainly look forward to seeing an FPV version. I have obviously yet to drive a Territory but I wonder how dynamically different it is to a normal Falcon. Would it handle more like a Suburu Forester or a Liberty? If FPV did a Turbo Territory I wonder if it would be 280kw (ala F6) or 240kw (ala T6). If FPV could do a reasonable job of the handling and few minor cosmetic changes then the Hurricane would be a damn good car. Maybe I'm dreaming but imagine this... A more agressive looking, better handling (lower, bigger wheels) FPV Hurricane with something similar to a phase 3 kit! How would that float your boat? Albeit a 2.1 tonne Ford boat... 375kw, AWD and wagon practicallity....sounds like an Aussie RS6 to me.... Cheers, Chris
-
I'm sure some of them are, but none of the ones I've come up against (about three). It must be the upward pointing caps and the arm out the window causing too much drag. A GTR on the other hand would wipe the floor with an XRT.
-
From memory I think the XRT has a 3.45 in the rear. Who out there can tell me if it would be possible to swap ratio's with the Territory? I noticed in Wheels that the RWD Territory gets 3.73 and the AWD gets 4.10. If this is possible, approximately how much would it cost? What RPM will the car be reving at at 100km/h (manual and auto)? What % quicker would the car be to 100 and down the 1/4? The more I think about it, the T would probably be slower to 100 because 2nd currently gets to 105km/h and with the swap you would need to get into third (which we all know is $hit). Down the 1/4 would be a different story though... Chris PS: Territory is a nice looking car, dunno about Ford quality or service though...
-
I would love to take the T up the snow but I didn't wanna damgage my 18's with the chains (they scratch easily). Would make for an exciting ride on the ice with 240kw...
-
$700k wont get much of a Jetty these days, be better off with a brand new R44. Whilst we're dreaming of choppers, how about an EC120? Much nicer than the 206.
-
Hey Mondie, where are Strapp Ford? I have nothing but bad experience with my local dealership and am searching for someone in Melbourne that actually likes Fords and provide a reasonable level of service. Cheers, Chris. Chris, Strapp Ford have brand new service centre in Burwood (Evans St) where they appear to do mainly FPV's and XR's. Its a very fancy service centre, very modern and so far a refelction of the equally impressive service they give. l also believe they have another service outlet in Kew. l would recommend them without a doubt regardless of whether they fix my problem. Cheers. Thanks Mondie. I will give them a go next time the car is due for something. Burwood is a bloody long way from Sale! Are they really worth the drive (few hours?). Chris
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.