Jump to content

FPV 521

Member
  • Posts

    989
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by FPV 521

  1. I only had a couple of minor things go wrong with my Turbo, hand brake squeel, a rattle on the dash, and a leaking diff but that only needed to be tightened up. In three years that's not bad but sometimes the dealer was a bit slow as it took a couple of goes to fix the dash and brake but we got there in the end. I do know that Ford is not the only cars that have issues. Friends of mine with Holdens, Toyotas etc have had issues as well. You do pay good dollars for a car only to have things go wrong and I guess it happens with massed produced cars... not that I condone that. I got quite annoyed having to take the car back when I thought things were fixed. My AU XR6 only had one minor problem in the three years and my new GT hasnt had anything go wrong... touch wood
  2. I have seen an XR6 around with a 215 sticker on it and as far as I know the guy has done, filter, exhauset and SS inductions kit. Really depends on how much you want to pay for a good exhaust.
  3. Yip, I have banged a curb as well, really F&^*)+ me off but that's life, I was lucky as I left the bad wheel on it when I traded the car and the dealer wasnt to worried. Happens to the best of us
  4. I had stripes on my Turbo and they looked good but I took them off again as I actually ended up liking the car more without them If done well they come up pretty good. My GT came with stripes and the bonnet bulge stickers and it looks far better than my turbo did. Each to there own though.
  5. I have dealt with good guys since I have been buying cars from Ford, I have heard some people who have been ripped off and my theory is this, 1. Read up on what you are looking at buying. Its good to know a bit about the car and sales people have to be on there toes if you know your stuff. 2. Dont get a blood rush to the head and impulse buy a car. I am a manager of a retail business and you will find some will take advantage if they see you getting excited and wanting to buy the car. They are there to make there business profitable but there is a line that a few cross. Have a good poker face and keep calm. 3. Always take the sales agreement home over night and read it thouroughly. 4. Anything over 10% interest is to expensive for a car that depreciates. Big dealers can do better if they want to. 5. Make sure when you agree to a payment deal that you dont have to sell the car if you buy a house or have a child, you can loose a lot of money. Make sure your financial situation will look good AFTER the purchase. I really get annoyed sometimes when I hear people saying they have been ripped off when buying a car when these people are the ones signing the sales agreement then realising how much interest they are paying. Negotiate hard and get the best price you can. I got my brand new GT at 6.95% and Im pretty happy with that and I wont have to give the car back if I want a new house or something.
  6. I avg between 18-21 L/100 around town and best of 11.3 L/100 on the freeway to melb CYA JEFF <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Yeah they are not flash on fuel around town. Doesnt worry me as I am in a small town and stretch the cars legs quite often
  7. Yip, 2 very cool looking cars
  8. Having owned and XR6 Turbo and driving a couple of Typhoons he would have to take the Typhoon for sure. Maybe he needs to hunt around and drive a GT as well as the car he has is good so there are some good options out there so hunting for a good price is the key. I agree with the statment above about buying a performance car with a manul. My GT has a manual and its so much fun. A bit harder to get off the line quickly but once speed gets up look out. Hope he gets the car for he wants
  9. My turbo would do around 10.9 on a long trip and the GT I have just got managed 11.3 following a 140km drive and had to pass 5 or so times, the trick is 6th gear and cruise control when you want to save fuel. Not sure what the Typhoon is like, I wouldnt amagine it would be to much different from a stanard Turbo.
  10. Same Here
  11. The best idea is to take it to a dealer to get it sorted as that's what the 3 year warranty period is for, the last thing you would want to do is void your warranty by trying to sort it out yourself, you pay for the warranty when you buy the car so let Ford pay for your work
  12. White is a nice colour. GTs look great with the Blue stripes
  13. I think that not everyone out there wants to by a Typhoon. This is an XR6 Turbo web site so most probably do and fair enough. I have had the choice of both and chose the GT because it suits me and I am sure there are countless other people out there as well. I drove both as well so I know what both cars are like. The Typhoon is a great car but so is the GT but it depends what you want in a car and good on the guys that have bought either and I doubt there would be many who regret there decision, but those people who want a change could always trade there car.
  14. I had a problem with my AU as well, Hard to keep clean but when they are they looked great, wont buy black again but like looking at other peoples in that colour.
  15. Im 32 and have a GT so if that makes me an old man to bad.
  16. I had a Turbo and it was a good car and when the time came for a change I had the choice of an F6 or a GT and I picked the GT. It is a very quick car and the sound is incredible, it handles well and looks great. I drove the F6 as well and which is quicker I dont know but the GT was the more fun to drive especially with the 6 speed manual. Get either mate you wont be dissapointed but to me I made the right decision and each time I drive it I get one hell of a rush. Good luck, either way you will get an awesome car
  17. Looks good, my GT has that silver console as well and it looks a lot better than the grey one
  18. I dont have a Turbo anymore but remember my dealer telling me that they can tell if you have had an edit done. Apparently when they plug there computer in they can see what kind of boost, mixture etc the car has been running, so just incase that was true I never did an edit as if I blew the car up during warranty I couldnt afford to fix it. (Should say didnt want to) How true this is I dont know. They also told me that Ford wouldnt honour they new car warranty if such a mod had been done. Might be different in NZ. Good luck with it anyway
  19. I have done the exhaust, ss inductions kit, snorkel, hi flow filter but will leave the edit as the car is a grunter now. I loved my turbo and thought I would find it hard letting it go but as soon as I started the engine on the GT I havent thought about the turbo since. The GT is quite different and the engine noise is a bit overwhelming for a while but I have got used to it and love it. Not that the volume is loud but a V8 engine has to be treated differently to get the best from it. Just passed my first 1000 km today. Thought about an F6 but thought it was time I tried a V8 and it had to be a manual and the six speed gearbox is a lot of fun
  20. Yip I agree, I just bought a brand new Mark 2 BA GT and its a great car but I would have thought the BF would be a better car. Yip if you like it, drive it, then if it lights your candle, buy it. Reviews vary so much but I did read a few before buying a GT and did those reviews make me decide to buy or not buy the car, well no, the car sold itself.
  21. I actually drink stuff all, I have better things to do with my money but a good blow out from time to time is good.
  22. Its not the sort of car you buy for fuel economy, for most of us we buy them for fun so fuel costs have to be considered before buying one, In saying that I averaged 10.9 litres per 100 km following a 1000 km trip in my Turbo and I was pretty happy with that, didnt drive it like an old lady but using cruise control saves a lot of fuel, always helps to keep an eye on what the car is telling you as far as fuel consumption goes. If it starts getting up back off for a while. I have just bought a GT and got 11.3 per 100km out of it after a 120km drive and was quite happy with that but I never bought it for fuel comsumption but they can be economical in certain driving conditions, ie on the open road.
  23. Hi, Just to let you all know, I am trading the Turbo in at the end of October for a number of reasons and have decided to buy a brand new XR 8. Im going for a Mark 2 with Remus exhaust, SS inductions, filters stc as well as leather and the new 6 speed manual. I will now have to find a new forum I guess as I wont have a Turbo anymore. Someone here also made a wise crack regarding my new wife after I posted the photos of my wedding cars so this is going to be my last post anyway. I know Im not the only one who gets a bit annoyed with some of the wise ass comments you see from time to time and I probably took it the wrong way but I was offended and that's that. Im probably being silly but no more posts from me. I guess on these sites you do open yourself up for a bit of attack from some people. I will pop back from time to time to see how you and your cars are going with your mods etc and I will be looking at super charging the 8 next year. Thank you to all the guys who helped me out with good feed back and although I am going to be a little bit sad to see the car go, someone is going to get a great looking car with plenty of balls and its a shame I couldnt sell it to someone on this site but being in NZ makes that a bit tough. Most aussies arent too bad afterall!! Just one last thing, I took a new SS Expensive Daewoo out the other day as well as an LS 1 and an SV 8 and the BA just makes them look pretty average. As for the 8, it wasnt as quick as the Turbo off the mark but once you get up to at least 4500 rpm things start to happen. All the best and drive safe Gavin
  24. that's exactly what I was thinking is your new wife that boring. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> I suggest you think about what you type before doing so. Infact we have our wedding photos sorted already and I was emailing photos to people we know from throughout the world before we go on holiday and I thought I would share some photos with the guys on this site. It really annoys me that you even can suggest a person is boring without knowing the person so next time shut up. I dont attack people on this forum but comments like yours are waisting peoples time and turning people away from here. If you like go ahead and ban me I really dont care. I have a lot of time for this site but I am not going to bother talking about positive stuff if idiots like you want to make stupid wise cracks. I dont care if its was supposed to be a joke and maybe I have taken it the wrong way but we had a fantastic day and to come back here today to see if you guys liked the photos and have a person who wants to say something as stupid as you have makes me angry. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Hey Gav, Thanks for the photos. Some great looking machines. Thanks also for taking the time to share these with us all. I'm sure the blokes were only joshing. Whatever your plans, hope you and the new wife have a great time. Stick around and keep posting. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Hi, As I said weather I was josed doesnt bother me. I have thanked everyone who has wished me all the best etc and this is my last post. I will still spend a lot of time on this site but will keep my thoughts and opinions to me. It was sad to hear someone say something so stupid but that's life. It offended me and that's that. Have fun posting in the future but before you say something for god sake think before you speak. Gavin
×
×
  • Create New...