Jump to content

ASNU

Member
  • Posts

    261
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ASNU

  1. Cat. Your standard cooler will heat soak at anything over 200awkw let alone 280 so add another 3.5K for a front mount. With all those mods you listed you should see around 250awkw on the safe side for 1 power run only.Dont ring its neck mate as things will break. You know how hard they get off the line/Have a look at your front diff and see how big it is,you will Snap it in half if your not careful.
  2. ASNU

    Intercooler

    Was the end result good mate?.The standard coolers in these things give up with heat soak pretty easy if you boost them a little,Like the standard XR6T cooler. Got any pictures at all. I was really impressed with the increase in fuel consumption on my BA T when I fitted a APS cooler.No heat soak/Repeated hard runs did not make any difference and better fuel economy expecially on long drives.
  3. Does anyone know of a companie doing a front mount Intercooler for the TT yet?. I dont want a cheap and nasty hybrid either.
  4. Grudgee. Stick your head under the front of the TT and have a look at the front diff,This has got to let go if you abuse it with to much power.My main concern anyway. Be gentle and it might last.
  5. Had a feeling the car was down on power slightly as got done by a F6 the other day,Will try again one day as he was pretty keen.
  6. Just a quick note to remind everybody to check these Manifold and Turbo Houseing bolts every so often as had 3 missing on mine yesterday when I got it serviced.
  7. Ethanol is used all through Europe without a problem, it is basically alcohol so it is going to help in combustion. Ethonal in the right mix will be perfectly fine for your T.The trick is to not let it sit in your tank for a extended period of time as turns to gum.This is what happened when they first bought it out but servos where selling up to 15% mix which caused all the problem. Get behind the sugar farmers mate and support our own country.We need all the help we can get at present.
  8. Now that's impressive mate.With that amount of power mate do you think your car could be slower over the 1/4 due to no traction?. From reading other peoples stories with cars like yours have you snapped any drive shafts yet or I should say when do you think you will snap them?. Very impressive.Taa.
  9. F6. Thank you for the informative reply. When you are tuning these cars do you say give your customers the option of a tune like on the graph with power curves like on the graph or say a more progressive power output.When a car like the ute is tuned that way would you consider it to be a quicker in day to day driving or 1/4 mile work than say a car with the same power up top but less power down low?. I just could imagine that ute when as I suggested before on the expressway doing 2200rpm running little boost or not under load then putting your foot down to overtake and having 16psi would be abit of a handfull?. When you have set up your F6 how have you set your tune to achieve 400rwkw.You have probley posted a graph before but if not can you post one up or give me a link.Do you bring it on heaps down low as well. Taa mate.
  10. F6. When your setting up the tunes on the T do you usually run so much boost low down in the rev range as would of thought this would put extreme load on the transmission/Diff etc.I am sure you could get the exactly the same power output [305rwkw] with a more progressive power curve maybe.In a ute the thing would have to loose traction everytime when under power?.When cruiseing down the expressway say at 115kmph the boost would be nearlly on 14-16 psi all the time/Please correct me if I am wrong. Do you find it a better way of tuning these things for say quicker 1/4 mile times or drivability. Please note I am just asking a question as you are tuning these things everyday and doing a good job by the looks of it but why so much power low down?.
  11. Ford Grunt. Not really into badges and stuff as ripped off the rear XR6 Turbo badge the week I took delivery of the ute.I quite like the stealth look but as any good T owner would know that a XR6 with duel pipes is not a standard specially the nice APS pipes.I found it does not attract the idiots wanting to try and race you at every set of lights but. I am just considering this change over as my lease is nearlly up and have been waiting for a Auto Tornado to come out.I will probley get very dissapointed when they say the trade in value is only 18-20K and hang onto it.I quite like it as they do not do the colour anymore and I dont see many on the road.
  12. Yeah there stuff looks really good,Some of the members have put the front bar on there cars and look good. I really cannot make my mind up wheather to buy the new Auto Tornado and go threw all the B--ls--t with the dealers again with warranty issues etc.I would like a new ute but. I could either buy a new one at the show next week or upgrade my ute to a APS 3 kit with one of those front bars and skirts.I have done 140K in my present car and fixed all the common problems like brakes etc early so has been quite a good ride.Spose it will depend on the trade in value and the price of the new ute.We will see what happens next week.
  13. Gav. I would ring them mate to see if doing anything about this.There stuff looks quite good/Front bar etc so I am sure they could do something for you.Surprised they have not got the 3 bar wing instead of the standard one.
  14. You have maybe seen these before as discussed on this site http://www.awcinfo.com/secureshop/category.php?cat_id=314
  15. There was a really nice silver AU2 XR6 ute in the Sydney papers on the weekend.They wanted 19K but could probley get it for 17 if you had some folding stuff. I would get the 6 mate as they go really well with the VCT set up.My last AU2 XR8 was a good car but with no hassles at all.I thought it went really well until I got my T ute.I could go to Qld on nearlly one tank of gas which was really good.The good old trusty 5.0 litre windsor is a good donk just a little underpowered.
  16. ASNU

    Stalling/again

    Dave. Yeah the black plastic airbleeds fitted to the earlier fords adjust down to a very small point so the size needed [1-2mm] should be OK.Just have to find some pick up points for the big vaccum lines?.
  17. ASNU

    Stalling/again

    Good feedback Dave.Glad that the modification worked on your car.I wonder if a mod could be done to the throttle body with a adjustable airbleed like they used to run on XE-XF?.I will be looking into this mod if my car stalls again.
  18. ASNU

    Stalling/again

    Can you please post some pics of the specific locations and what you did? Just have a look at your throttle boby mate and you will see the FBW control attached to the side.Pull the little red tabout and the cable will pull straight off.Then just a matter of redirecting the cable.Pretty easy mate. Blueboost. I have just tried it mate to see what happens as all the other mods tried was no good in my car anyway.Time will tell if it is a cure as you say but it was worth a try I think. I did not want to get into drilling small holes to raise the idle,Not as yet anyway.
  19. Guys. I have been putting up with this stalling issue for 2 years now and have tried many different things which I have read on this forum to no avail.I have cleaned the throttle body many times but still not right and dont want to get a refash as running a unichip which I do not not to distube as had no hassles.I have always considered it has to be something in the connection on the FBW control on the throttle body as if you take this connection off you will see the pointy connections which are just prone to wear and movement as my switch is quite loose.I have tightened the pins inside but not really much difference until I tried this.You will notice the cable coming up is joined to number 2 injector which in my case was under quite alott of tension and I could get the car to stall everytime by say putting on full lock and accelerating then stopping quickly and it would stall everytime. I moved the main FBW cable on the other side of the fuel rail so no tension anymore plus put a ziptie around the plastic connecter to tighten it up allot and stop movement and it seems to have stopped all my stalling problems.The car has not stalled since last wednesday arvo which has not happened for 2 years. This may not be a fix for all cars but it has seemed to work fine on my ute and have tried heaps of stuff.Hope this helps everyone with similiar problems as costs nothing and worth a try.
  20. True what they say about unbreakable but you have to flog the guts out of it all the time to get anywhere.The motors are course and dont like to be taken anywhere past 4 grand but again will last forever. You should be able to pick up a second hand AU2 XR6 ute for under 20K which would be good value.You can get rid of the style side rear and get a nice tray put on to take some load.
  21. ASNU

    Bf Falcon

    Thumbs up to Ford I reckon, now lets see the faults that come standard :lol: Now that's funny.I wonder what faulty options you could order now 3 years down the track?. I think the after sales service will be included for sure.
  22. ASNU

    Bf Falcon

    I posted a couple of pages back the tespose from FPV regarding the Auto been fitted to the Tornado and it was not in there plans at all. Believe it or not I just got a call from them saying how sorry they are for there response and but the information was let out the next day?. I am feeling abit strange about this as when have a Ford representive either followed up or made a call just to say sorry.I have never had a follow up call from anyone in that organization,Hell I dont even get a respose or a ring from the dealers when I want to buy a new car. Somethings not right here.
  23. I am sure this Biofuel has been available in QLD for ages or they BP might of pulled it off the market?.Some feedback coming out of the marine industry as they where the guinea cops that the fuel has a very adverse effect on poor quality fuel lines or rubber orings not been made from Viton.There was abit of a uproar with all the big cruisers running on petrol kicking the bucket,Abit like the new Diesal introduced that was eating all the orings in the fuel distrubiter pumps.Depending if the manufacture used good quality stuff you should not have problems. I could not see or feel any performance loss in my T on the drive back to NSW but lost around 95km on the return trip?. I am getting feedback slowly that the fuel leaves behind quite big deposits on your injectors which is hard to remove compared to say BP or Shell normal premium.Just means you will have to get your injectors cleaned and filters replaced earlier for peak performance. I cant see this as a bad idea as will get the local sugar industry up and running again as Australian industry needs all the help it can get at present.Next thing you will hear they will subsidize this coming out of South America.
  24. ASNU

    Bf Falcon

    All I wanted to do last week was go into the dealer and order a new Tornado in Automatic as I do alott of city peak hour driveing and no one could give me a actual date or anything.The reply from FPV was P-ss P--r and expect abit more from them actually.I really do not want a generic reply The new T has 480Nm so it will handle it no worries.Hell my Auto has lasted 120K with the APS 2 kit fitted unmodified so no worries for this new one. Looked at a new Super Pursuit but I dont think it could match a modified stealth 6T but.
  25. ASNU

    Bf Falcon

    I cant see why if the new T has 480Nm the respose from FPV just mailed to me was the Tornado will not be available in a 6 speed Automatic?.I dont why I even bother wanting info from them?.There customer relations manager advises that there is no plans for the future for this option. When are the marketing people inside this organization going to wake up?.
×
×
  • Create New...