Jump to content

rbjet

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    1,640
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by rbjet

  1. Loving the tartan...
  2. Many coppers out that way on a friday. I don't wanna be rolling down the street and get canaried for nothing.
  3. I think she may have shat herself... Cheers JETFPV. I think they quoted me $8000 if they pulled the motor in and out and did the bottom end so it's not bad I guess.
  4. If you have the standard wheels on it still just get some ET Streets. Not too sure on what size clears in the rear though.
  5. Who built the bottom end in it mate? Looking at re doing mine soon but unsure who to get to build it.
  6. Some people have rocks in their head...
  7. I'm keen on the great ocean road cruise too.
  8. Remove the spoiler and do the bonnet, roof and boot lid.
  9. Might be a sign to visit another tuner for another quote?
  10. That's what I was thinking too Kosij
  11. The only time I'd get my injectors drilled is if it were cheaper than buying new ones and at that price I'd definitely be buying new.
  12. Altona meadows mate. Western Suburbs unlike most of you guys.
  13. Well I certainly had fun I'll tell you that much. The fun is doubled in the GT-R though
  14. Well I thank god my 1st track day wasn't that bad haha. Your 1:42 is just a tad better than my 1:58 though. If the engine in the GT-R didn't let go then it wouldn't be so bad but hopefully it's a bit more reliable next time. It's fairly mild anyway so I hope it last's. So much nicer to drive than the XR. I'd drive it as a daily again if I could :D
  15. Sounds good. I guess I'll just jump on here Friday night if I decide to go then.
  16. What time do most of you guys head out. Wouldn't mind coming over for a bit of a cruise.
  17. Haha I thank god I didn't get too loose on the track. The only thing I got was some tyre frying action. Well the GT-R has been off the road for 2 years now. Popped the motor in it twice and it's not a cheap engine to rebuild. Just bought a house too so can't afford to get it back on the road. As soon as the coin's there that will be my track car and I'll just leave the XR as street car. What's done to your car Rosie and what were your times like at winton?
  18. I'd like run my GT-R rims but I cbf getting the center honed out and then they might not sit properly on the GT-R. I'd also need to lower the car and get the guards rolled as these rims are 9.5" wide with +12 offset. Up the back of Winton I had to go that slow just to get clean lines other wise I was just all over the shop. I feel your pain with dropping a wheel. I've never done it at that speed but it's happened to me twice on the street. Front right and rear. Not fun...
  19. The back end of Winton killed me Rosie. I lifting my leg and hanging on to the center console just to get around the corner haha. I had my GT-R rims at home with KU36's on them but when I fitted them up the center was too small and they didn't sit flush. I'd need spacers to run them but then they'd almost be a zero offset haha. To be honest, the tyres on the car actually hung on quite well. It was more the suspension that let it down. I had some KU36's on the rear of the car before and one day I merged onto the free way in the wet, broke traction and ended up hitting the wall so I'm a bit too nervous to put tyres like that on the back again.
  20. I'd watch just about every race if that thing was in the competition. Sounds unreal!
  21. They should be more like the cars on the show room floor. It would be so much more interesting if they weren't all just 5.0L and actually had the factory motors like the V8 utes or the proper touring cars from back on the day. H pattern gear box would make it a bit more fun too.
  22. That thing looks tuff. Aren't there meant to be a bunch of new manufacturers joining the V8's in the next couple of years? I think Toyota was meant to enter as well. Can't wait till they do cos it's pointless watching the Late model camira cup these days.
  23. Nah the FG didn't have personalized plates and it was just an XR6T. Looked stock other than the cooler. Then again so does mine but it still fries tyres :D
  24. I've seen that 1INSANE in pt cook a couple of times too. Also spotted an FG on the Old Geelong Rd bridge last night with a big chrome cooler. Looked a bit shiny for my liking.
×
×
  • Create New...