Jump to content

timetaker

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    217
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by timetaker

  1. Unionised building sites are 10X worse than the manufacturing sector.I believe the Government should allow companies to hire cheaper labour,say from the Philippines or Indonesia. Australian tradies have had it too easy far,far more than the ordinary person on the production line. Companies have had massive blow outs of budgeted costs for buildings over the years.
  2. The specs on the 5.0L V8 makes GMH's 6.0L lump seem very ordinary!
  3. Just wondering if any info. on "special" F6s exists in regards to FPV's final year or is Ford just going to concentrate on a "special" edition GT in 2014 for it's final swan song?
  4. I'm not a Expensive Daewoo fan but I am impressed that these Walkinshaw cars will have a Expensive Daewoo warranty considering their engines have been significantly modified. Ford is still indecisive about giving the green light to a tuning kit for the ST Focus,considering the outfit involved is Mountune a renowned tuner of street and racing cars(Britain and Europe).Their kits have the Ford warranty in Europe.
  5. The packages don't seem too bad and there is a Expensive Daewoo warranty.I don't know how the trans etc will cope with all that power. It would be a cheaper option than buying the GTS. This is something that would never happen with Ford ie the warranty. http://www.caradvice.com.au/255720/walkinshaw-w497-955nm-tuned-hsv-unleashed/
  6. Oh dear! http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/victoria-police-adjusts-mobile-speed-camera-rules-to-allow-cameras-to-be-concealed/story-fni0fee2-1226739895665 Vic government and police must be at their wits end trying to gouge the ordinary motorist.So my understanding with this new approach is that a speeding motorist will unknowingly get caught and continue speeding on his /her merry way .The previous approach,with unconcealed mobile speed cameras,had people slowing down when they saw a mobile speed camera. Police and Vic government would rather have people get caught speeding and thus feed the government coffers rather than have people slow down.
  7. Another 30 secs before or later would've made a difference,it was just plain bad timing and luck. Tow truck drivers,storage facilities and State Governments benefit from the motorists' indiscretions.I'm very wary and in some cases hesitant to overtake,.You just don't know who is travelling in the opposite direction and that's exactly what the Government and police want each and every motorists to fear.
  8. The updated Falcon apparently will have a more intuitative and faster shifting auto.I don't know whether this new trans will be available in the XR6t and XR8.A faster shifting auto in a current GT335 or FG F6 310 with no engine mods(and better traction),could hang with a VF GTS down the 1/4..at least? A recent run from a modified(supercharged etc) VF Clubsport achieved a 10.37.
  9. I agree with your comment.Didn't Wheels manage a 12.8s for the 1/4 mile???.As Expensive Daewoo have pointed out their GTS is not a FPV rival but a rival for the German brands such as BMW,AUDI,MERC etc.The AMG destroys it the 1/4 mile by 1/2 second.The AUDI RS will do the same and also out handle it.The BMW M5 may also outperform it.I know people will use the dollar rational but that argument,in my opinion, has been taken of the table when GMH announced it as a competitor for the European brands! Even though the Wheels comparo edged the GTS in front by 1/2 a point,probably 8/10 people would still rather own the AMG.
  10. First of all I would like to apologise for finding one of the most superficial comparisions between the two cars that exists at the moment. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx_lAWtdAeQ&feature=youtu.be
  11. The GTS did very well against the AMG however didn't it quite match it on the drag strip.Strange that a turbo charged engine sounded better than the supercharged one? The GTRspec would probably be close to the GTS's 1/4 mile considering it has 95kw and 170 Nm less than the GTS. I liked the David Morley review because he pointed out the interior of the GTS as being so-so;exactly what I was thinking when the VF came out.The interior may be better than the Falcon's but it looks just as cheap and the function buttons layout design seems sporadic.Those GTS trade mark gauges are difficult to see and could take the driver's eyes of the road while he/she tries to discern the readings. On the track the GTS would most probably whoop the GT Rspec;in a straight line,probably not that much in it with the GTS edging away. The AMG doesn't came away unscathed.I have never been a fan of Mercedes Benz but the side profile and the giant grille just look awkward to me .The rear looks like it belongs to another car however,the front does look great and of course the interior is top notch. .
  12. Would love to have one of those to intimidate the people in large SUVs on the road
  13. I'm still confused what Ford wants to actually do. It mentions the 270kw/565nm motor in a xr6 f6 Falcon??? Below is an interesting extract from the article: "Ford engineers have developed far more potent versions of FPV’s ‘Miami’ V8, but Ford Australia will not spend the money to introduce them given the limited return on investment before October 2016, when strict new Euro 5 emissions standards come into effect." http://www.carsales.com.au/news/2013/large-passenger/ford/falcon/ford-to-reveal-final-falcon-next-week-38047
  14. The GTS will be faster than the GT335 Rspec,but I'm more interested how it will compare with the Audi RS6, M5/6, AMG C63 etc.They are the cars, according to GMH, the GTS is targeting.
  15. Just a few reviews on the VF GTS.......It's fast! http://www.caradvice.com.au/244470/2013-hsv-gts-review/ http://www.themotorreport.com.au/57030/2013-hsv-gts-gen-f-reviewed-track-test http://motoring.syd.ninemsn.com.au/reviews/carreviews/8699425/first-drive-australias-most-powerful-car?mode=preview http://www.caradvice.com.au/244458/hsv-gts-fastest-aussie-car-ever-claims-4-4-second-0-100kmh/
  16. The add is no longer current on the Gumtree site.I live in Geelong but unfortunately don't know anything about this particular car. It mentions Newtown,which is considered a very good area in Geelong but that may mean absolutely nothing in terms of a car's condition. :(
  17. It seems that Ford doesn't have ANY replacement for the Falcon. I believe Ford will simply continue to import the Focus,Fiesta,Ranger,Mondeo and other SUVs along with the Mustang and maybe "play it by ear" as to what car will eventually replace the Falcon. If the V8 Mustang will be a 5.0L NA it should have at least have the same power level as the current Boss Mustang of about 335kw.
  18. I have the KPM Street fighter CAI and recently also installed a Process West muffler delete intake pipe.They are the only mods I have on my FG F6. There is an increase in induction noise and when changing gears more of that "kischhh" noise..ha!..ha!.I have noticed more response down low and the pickup through the gears is a little more sprightly.It feels like the turbo is spooling up a little faster with the muffler delete intake pipe.??? I want to make a brief sound/vid recording on the sound,but for now just a couple of pictures will suffice
  19. That's interesting.I didn't know that the LSA was intercooled as shown in the above video.Maybe it is something that Ford should look at in the updated Falcon GT?
  20. The tuner has a Cadillac with the same engine as the upcoming GTS.If the power figures are accurate,a XR6T will be able to give the GTS a run for it's money!
  21. The reason why I've asked the question is that the GT350 Mustang is about to be released in the U.S with three engine options,one choice will be the NA engine the other two options have the 5.0L supercharged V8. The above power and torque figures is for the highest configuration of the forced fed engines,the other choice will have a "paltry" 391 kw. For the updated Falcon GT, could our engine be tuned etc to at least get close to the 465kw/727nm flywheel outputs or would it require a herculean task to achieve those figures and not to mention the required reliability? Maybe the tuners could provide some insight? Below is some info and a clip on what some have called the "best" Mustang in the Shelby range.The sound is sensational! http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/2013-shelby-gt350-lives-carroll-shelby-legacy-motoramic-180039879.html
  22. I've switched from BP Ultimate to Vortex 98 in the past two weeks and haven't noticed any difference.I've given the car some beans lately and everything seems fine. The Caltex(Woolies) is the closer petrol station,actually I only live about 100 meters from an APCO petrol station(Vic) but I don't feel comfortable with that petrol brand.
  23. I got the impression that Toby wanted to choose the XR6T yet,because of the upgraded SS interior and many features he "chose" the SS.
×
×
  • Create New...