-
Posts
141 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
2
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by SydCrazi
-
Katoomba Cruise Sunday 21st August
SydCrazi replied to Pixy Angel's topic in East Coast (NSW, ACT, QLD)
I'm in! Thanks for invite. Pretty friggen pumped actually Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk -
No high flow turbo. Just dump off turbz and high flow Cat I meant, that's all folks [emoji41] [emoji41] Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk
-
Lolz [emoji23] Yes. Already sneakily planning stage 2 [emoji12] Can't wait. In the meantime, I'd love a cruise!! Newcastle, Sydney, wherever I'm in. Cheers. Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk
-
Thanks again you crazy lot.. [emoji12] Spoke to Spiro at Autotech Engineering. Legend, discussed exactly what I wanted, he made it happen, along with 100 other cars that day, picked up in the arvo. The power delivery is incredibly smooth. I feel like my car had asthma and I didn't know and now it's just beginning to breathe properly [emoji41] I already had the air intake as you know. I also had an intake muffler delete from my original G6. After talking with Spiro we threw in an Xcal 4, 4 inch dump and high flow off turbo, a dyno run for the lawn bowls jet and BAM super happy for little investment. Not that it's the be all and end all, however for those that want to know - 279rwkw [emoji2] [emoji613] [emoji613][emoji594] [emoji600] [emoji613] [emoji613] [emoji599] [emoji599] [emoji1] [emoji12] [emoji1] Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk
-
Not sure if I'm supposed to ask, anyone got an awesome price on a ZF tune? In Sydney or Newcastle? Thanks.
-
Ps Congrats to me. Is that the quickest mod completed on here? 1 hour from original post to first little peice Haha.. Also for the predators, fair enough, xwifey is taken gentlemen, another soul has dived into all that Haha..
-
Haha 3 Funny replies. Thanks. Damn, forgot pics sorry, attaching now. Dark interior, just under 90k. Old rich dude. The original post is actually just a little belated. Pic is of Plazmaman intake that didn't fit. Me two mechanics couldn't. They offered to cut it, I sent back. Got Process West, straight in. So massive air is just not an issue. All you hear is turbo, only growl at 100% throttle, love it.
-
Hi guys, I'm back!! Never ever thought I would actually see this day! Long story short - Bought dream 2010 G6E Turbo. Fell in love with the behemoth of a thing. Had for 1 year. Sold as wifey wanted top of line 7 seater. Not long after we separated. Have just been able to purchase a 2012 model, in my favourite colour winter white. The 19's which I didn't have before. So smooth of a ride, doesn't talk back, such a great car! Mods are coming 110% - I'm my own minister for War and Finance now haha
-
... or ... you could just buy a $30 OBDII Bluetooth adapter from ebay.. I think the Torque App is around $5 for full version.. Then just mount your phone on a windscreen adapter and customise to whatever gauges you want.. Save yourself $450 bucks..!
-
What The Hell Is Going On With Ambrose...
SydCrazi replied to SydCrazi's topic in General Automotive Talk
Haha... I should have KNOWN I'd get the '..He can't drive round RH corners anymore..' responses.. Yeah I reckon the transition back into V8's was harder than he anticipated, but I still believe if he stuck at it he could get back up to speed and even maybe back to the top.. Oh well, I guess he ain't coming back, at least he got 'Penske' into Aussie motorsport I guess.. -
I don't expect many replies considering there is no topics in this forum, which I find surprising, thought there'd be more V8 Supercar fans on here.. Anyway.. I have to ask, what is going on with Ambrose? I mean there are so many damn rumours on what is going to happen. Is he coming back, is he not coming back? I personally was looking forward to seeing how/if he could claw his way back to the top. He doesn't have long whatever he does, he is nearing the top end of the age scale. I understand his decision to step down, so they could develop the car quicker with Pye to a degree. I don't understand the end game, I mean is he coming back or what? What do you guys think is the 'TRUE' story here...?
-
Awesome pics...! It looks like Roxy wants to stay, she put on her best poses.. (What's the antenna for, CB?)
-
Weird Little Questions From The Back Of My Mind...
SydCrazi replied to SydCrazi's topic in Forced Induction Workshop
.. oh wow, didn't think there was that much on Google on it.. Apologies on the unnecessary post, I'll check it all out... -
Ok, so some people are going to want to punch me in the face for asking some of these questions, but they have been rattling around in the back of my head and I am curious.. Stealth Black option for intercoolers and piping - Awesome in my personal opinion. Wouldn't a black intercooler soak up more heat on a hot day than a reflective polished one? Same question for piping. I mean I used an intake muffler delete, black from process west, and I touched it and I swear it was running 1000 times hotter (you know what I mean) than the plastic muffler that used to be there. Surely black piping soaks up more heat than a reflective polished one, or aluminium itself soaks up more than plastic? I guess it is all negligible, probably makes a 0.0000000001 KW difference, just curious..
-
.. so what time did you run with your new tricks you tried?
-
How Does A Factory Tune Work After Mods?
SydCrazi replied to SydCrazi's topic in Engine Management & Fuel Systems
Thanks for that extra thought of trans tune.. I'll tune car, get used to it, figure out exactly what I do and don't like about the changes and then tune trans.. Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk -
How Often Do You Need To Re-Tune Your Car?
SydCrazi replied to SydCrazi's topic in Engine Management & Fuel Systems
Serious? Thanks Tom! Glad the point was raised.. I'll see what others say, but I think I'll stay away from them.. Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk -
How Does A Factory Tune Work After Mods?
SydCrazi replied to SydCrazi's topic in Engine Management & Fuel Systems
Thanks to all for replying to my 'How long is a piece of string..' question on tuning intervals. Got a better idea on the subject now.. Just to be annoying to the regulars, one more question that is very open.. When getting tuned, obviously one is for Maximum power, what do people do with the other two tunes you can get : I do like the idea of a 'concierge' tune for guests or family, limited to 3000rpm etc.. as has been mentioned to me. Throw your thoughts at me or what you chose to do.. Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk -
How Often Do You Need To Re-Tune Your Car?
SydCrazi replied to SydCrazi's topic in Engine Management & Fuel Systems
Wait, what? You talking intune from seven Hills? They seem like good strong Ford tuning specialist? I was going to go to them, do they have a bad rep? Tell me all! -
Running mods of course, hence the original tune Was wondering what the standard amount of time is to let your car go before getting it re-tuned. Taking a wild guess, I would say you need to get your car re-tuned every 2-3 years to make sure all is good? (Obviously if you feel something wrong before then you would get that looked at)
-
How Does A Factory Tune Work After Mods?
SydCrazi replied to SydCrazi's topic in Engine Management & Fuel Systems
Thanks for that reply.. So if you want to go back to factory tune, you have to remove all modifications. Hmmm, thought so, Ok then.. If you get three tunes, I suppose I could aim one at fuel efficiency and the other for max power and leave factory if I ever make it standard again. Thanks again -
How Does A Factory Tune Work After Mods?
SydCrazi posted a topic in Engine Management & Fuel Systems
Ok so this is a beginner question, probably a simple answer. I am a little confused with how a factory tune could work after mods on your FG Falcon. You get three tunes seems to be the most common offering. That is great. If you have got all these mods, like high flow cat, CAI etc etc, that totally change the way everything works, well what happens when you switch back to the factory tune. Won't you destroy your engine? I mean it is a factory tune and doesn't take into account all the new variables? Unless the tuners actually tune the factory tune, how can it work? (I hope this makes sense) -
Had to replace my water to in like 2 days of use... turned out it was the heat from the flux compasitors evaporating it as I break the speed of sound on the way to work..
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.