Jump to content

tim85

Member
  • Posts

    56
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by tim85

  1. Volume is 27 when it starts sounding bad from vibration with the bass on the 3/4 mark
  2. I replaced the stock sub with a Polk MM840 DVC sub. I dynamatted the top and bottom of the parcel shelf around the sub (bought a wedge pack). Everthing else is stock premo sound system. Don't get me wrong, it did wonders for sound quality and reducing vibrations just hasn't completely removed them. I think maybe the seatbelt retainers could be contributing to the vibrations?
  3. I dynamatted like you said, and it sounds heaps better, but all the rattles haven't completely gone
  4. Just installed my Hyperflow intake (similar to F6 intake just much much bigger mouth) and I am really happy with it. Heaps louder, better fuel economy and a bit more power. Definately noticeable!
  5. tim85

    Force 6

    Why on earth would do you that to a force6, they were meant to look like that so you if you dont like the look buy an F6! PLAYRZ, that car is absolutely stunning, who cares if it is a collectors item or not.
  6. I bought a 06 BF MKII last year with 85000 ks for 21k. Probably could get something a little cheaper if you look around. For piece of mind take it to a MTQ or another turbo specialist to see if the turbo is spinning well (they did a test on mine for $50) before you buy it.
  7. tim85

    Beware E-Bayers

    I agree. Its Australia Post, serioously what do you expect!!
  8. tim85

    Beware E-Bayers

    You must have been extremely lucky with Aus post if you have never had any problems..
  9. tim85

    Beware E-Bayers

    Why would he refund your money? I wouldn't refund your money either. Especially if you were being rude to me. If he does that he will loose money when its not his fault. Was it sent Express Post or regular post? If it was sent regular post then it is YOUR stupid fault for not paying a little more for Express or Registered Post. Still don't understand why you are blaming them.
  10. tim85

    Beware E-Bayers

    I purchased my braided line off them. I had similar trouble in that mine was express posted but I didn't receive for about 5 days I think. I tried to track where it went but he had given me the wrong tracking number, it was missing a few digits. You have to understand that it is more so Australia Post's fault and not theirs. And about customer service it is a bit rough but I think they are honest guys just in need of some improvement in that area, nothing new.
  11. hahaha
  12. I have the same problem when I turn my bass up
  13. I like the white, but I reckon it would look the best if the black was shadow chrome/ dark alloy
  14. well yea that's pretty obvious isn't it lol. Whats the max they can handle?
  15. what sort of power are people running through them?
  16. Would you be interested in only selling your intake?
  17. There are grill kits on ebay for $120 top and bottom grills if this is what your looking for...
  18. Definately get rid of the bonnet bulge stripes... It doesn't look too bad with the side stripes, I'd probably take them off though..
  19. or u could go a Hyperflow intake (similar to typhoon second intake but bigger) $100 from www.hyperflow.com.au
  20. Yep like the above, get a ZF BF2 after July 2006. You might be extremely lucky to get one under $19 000. It will take some looking and some patience though. Another $2 or $3 grand would be better. Mine was $21k BF2 August 06 build with 85000 kms from a dealer back in July
  21. tim85

    Nerves

    Good advice from Worm, exactly what I would of suggested. Regarding the anxiety mate, go see a doctor its not that uncommon. Don't let it run your life and the sooner you get it fixed the sooner you can enjoy life. Trust me it's worth it, speaking from experience! Hope you get to buy a xr6t, they are definately alot of fun!
  22. Do it properly the first time and you won't have to worry about it ever again. Buy some Atomic Anchorlox and a flange gasket (as the T's don't come standard with a gasket!), take the turbo out and torque the studs up properly. This way you will not ever have to worry about these bolts coming undone.
  23. Good effort DJR, good to see them get up! Hopefully Van Gisbergan or Winterbottom win it next year!
  24. I have a low kilometre policy (under 10 000kms per year) with CGU. Would never insure my beloved Ford with AAMI, CGU only gets the best in town to do there repair work (know this from experience) $666 with a $450 excess. I am 25.
  25. Just got my Earls oil line from ebay put in. As you can see the filter is around the front with zippy ties to hold it in. I quite like it like this.
×
×
  • Create New...