Jump to content

Ezy2Confuze

Member
  • Posts

    899
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

Everything posted by Ezy2Confuze

  1. I second Rob @ MT, he fitted my PWR transmission cooler and tuned the ZF transmission. My car was sold to me pre-tuned by XFT but I found Rob honest and really helped me decide on my future mods, without spending stupid money on things I won't need, so I'll be going with him. Although one of my future mods will be a Jonny Tig intercooler but not until the new year, in which case I'll give a certain person that frequents the BenDocoLimo thread a PM for some info and pricing.
  2. I wouldn't mind taking the toy down to see how it goes before I do the mods I want, however I would like to ride shotgun with someone to see how they go with launching properly. I'll have my sisters family over here from late November until December 31, so I doubt I'll get to go before the end of the year.
  3. Here's a review showing the Sony versus the GoPro Hero Silver and what I mean about the Sony showing better blue on the sky https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqMiuKmulNc
  4. I've been thinking of getting an action camera - after watching how many people put exhaust sound and general driving videos up on Youtube - for a while now and after a recent run we had in Perth, thought it would be handy for posting up scenery etc. as part of future cruises, plus I want to take part in some advanced driver training sessions, which would be handy to have footage on. I'm really liking Sony's offerings as they at least have decent image stabilisation software built in, plus there's the really handy Live-View Remote which is basically a device on your wrist that allows you to scroll between multiple cameras to check the footage on the fly. I was thinking of getting two camera's, one for the side and one on the roof. Has anyone had any experience with either the Sony's or other brands? I've seen a heap of info on GoPro's but on most Youtube video review's, the video looks dark and colours like white snow, blue sky etc. look all washed out. I'm currently leaning towards their HDRAS200V which retails for $399 http://www.sony.com.au/product/hdr-as200v?tabName=specifications&ajax=true#disclaimer
  5. I remember we were chasing after an emu on a farm up Bullsbrook once and nearly came a cropper, we didn't realise he was on the other side of a ditch until we nearly went into it. The first thing I was told was blue eyes are sheep, red eyes are foxes and rabbit's. Don't shoot at the blue eyes. The second thing I learn't is rabbit's are bloody fast and hard to catch.
  6. Just checked plateswa.com and "KERBMAGNT" is free.
  7. I'm wondering if this is Stever's alternate identity http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/user/53387-the-kerb-warrior/
  8. I remember the Jim Richards one, looking at some of the cars behind him, Lowndes' green eyed monster AU still looks great. "Richards was unhurt, but his Expensive Daewoo was seriously damaged. It eventually returned to the race. No such luck for the roo. Hit at an estimated 190km/h, it was killed instantly. Drivers spent the remaining 60 laps dodging the roo's remains, which littered the track and were too unsafe to remove until the race's completion. Safe to say this is something that wouldn't happen at Spa-Francorchamps or the Nurburgring."
  9. The rabbit story reminded me of this video from a few years ago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ofpb8U6W7ik Try follow where the head goes.
  10. BOM now says no storms: Perth areaCloudy. High (80%) chance of showers. Winds northwesterly 20 to 30 km/h tending westerly 15 to 20 km/h in the late evening.
  11. So is anyone getting dinner close by first? Otherwise what's a good place to eat nearby?
  12. Well I have an interesting story for the night now, just got a call from nab and my VISA debit card has been used for a transaction in South Africa and one for Gray's auction site. Getting fuel etc. now is going to be a bugger, I'll have to get cash from a nab branch. My luck lately has been pretty bad.
  13. So this is basically what I would be looking for, correct? https://www.harrop.com.au/shop/automotive-performance/performance-driveline/automotive-differential/truetrac-differential-m86-30-spline-eaton I would be looking at going the LSD with an upgraded tailshaft, the idea being to bullet proof the car as much as possible. ZF work will come later, one thing I would like to put in is something like the Circle D stall converter, which seems to get rave reviews for the difference it makes. I've been following BenDoCo's build for ideas mainly, as it's also a G6ET.
  14. Come on, you come from a country where half the wildlife can kill you with one bite and you're worried about a gust of wind?
  15. Out of interest as a G6E Turbo owner, is there anything special to look out for when swapping to an LSD? It's one of the upgrades further down the track. Every time I come to this site, I find something new to upgrade.
  16. I see the BOM says a possible storm on Saturday: Partly cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers, most likely later in the day. The chance of a thunderstorm. Winds northerly 20 to 30 km/h turning northwesterly 25 to 40 km/h during the day. However if it's anything like their forecasts last week, Wednesday and Thursday will have different forecasts again.
  17. Diff bushes were changed before I got it. The needle never seems to bounce with mine, it's just the idling problem. Unfortunately I live in a unit with nowhere to store tools or work and a no working on the car policy. Once I get my own place next year, no more problems there. Spark plugs were changed with gapped ones as part of the work XFT did in 2013. However a search of the forums says to check coils and injectors. The injectors are ID1000's installed again in 2013 by XFT, so if they need a clean, I guess I'll need to find someone in Perth that does ultrasonic injector cleaning. If one needs replacing, I'll be a little ticked off that they don't even last a few years. All the work done by XFT was done for the previous owner and I never received any receipts for it from him when I got the car. Not sure if contacting Simon with the rego or VIN will help at all, I doubt you get more than 12 months warranty on the parts anyway.
  18. Sounds like the cars going in for an early service now, it's due for one in October anyway but today it started idling roughly when stopped and I'm getting noises from the exhaust like small misfires, roughly 1 every 3 seconds. Here's some audio taken with the mobile phone http://youtu.be/mF7dHV83LiM I am always careful with warming the car up, always sit there for 5 minutes until the needle rises above the second bar before even putting it into gear. I'm using Nulon 10W40 oil, the only issue I've been told it has is the drive belt needs changing, which I was going to get done in a few weeks along with an oil change on the diff. It's only done just over 83,000KM's. Also sometimes the idling makes the car shudder slightly. Oil has only done 3,000KM's, I would be lucky to do 5,000KM's between 6 monthly services.
  19. No-one has noticed anything yet, one guy tried the old magnet to the door trick at work, after I told him to put some paper between it or I would thump him if he scratched the door again.
  20. Pics are up ">http:// ">http:// ">http://http://imgur.com/IM4GVjW'>
  21. I was thinking of going a set of these on the G6ET, I like the look of quad tips on the G6E's, they look classier I think http://www.xforce.com.au/xforce-products/full-exhaust-system-for-a-ford-fg-xr6-turbo-sedan-2008-to-onward-with-a-mild-steel-turbo-back-system-with-twin-25-inch-cat-back-and-quad-tips-with-varex-centre-muffler/productnr-EM-FG24-VMK/cid-1063040007/vid-
  22. When I got new tires in February, the guy recommended Pirelli P=Zero Corsa's which he apparently "used" on his HSV. Never again, talk about road noise, I never noticed it much on the previous tires which were a brand I didn't recognize but these Pirelli's I noticed straight away. So I won't use them again.
  23. Well after a week in hospital with a respiratory tract infection and then being sent offsite for work, I will have some photo's up tonight - we block access to Imgur etc. at work, so I cannot login to upload the photos - I must admit Neil from Straight Line 2 Ten does awesome work, especially for the price.
  24. Dropped the car in this morning and will pick it up Saturday, so I will post some after pics up then.
  25. I called Neil and will take the car around on Saturday for him to look at, He sounded pretty good on the phone and seems to know FG's quite well.
×
×
  • Create New...