Shark
Member-
Posts
128 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by Shark
-
Yeah I don't get that one either. There are SO many variables to this. You can only narrow it down so much.. Things that come into play; Tune - (boost/torque/power curves) Tires. Traction. Optimal Shift Point (for a manual) (or are you just staying in the one gear?) and a variety of other things. Every one of these things can shave off, or put on time down the strip, or when measuring speed points.
-
You said it all my friend. "You can do anything if your pockets are deep enough." You also said "watching the numbers in my account that I will save on not getting the f6 drop a fair bit." It's quite hard to decipher what you've typed as there is no indication as to where your sentance stops.. but if you believe you will save on the purchase cost of a G6E rather than an F6, I think you better read up abit more. If making the car bullet proof is what you're after, then you are going to need a decent amount of coin. Engine + driveline .. you maybe looking at around $15,000+ Mate.. that's no sleeper hahahaha. Personalised plates and a set of wheels is ANYTHING BUT a sleeper.
-
So what does this teach little kids? If you can't beat em.. join em. Or just hate them for the rest of your life. f*cking awesome isn't it! Riddle me this. The police 'organisation' is exactly that. An organisation. A business entrusted with powers to enforce the laws of the GOVERNMENT. Why do we have SEPERATE ORGANISATIONS (state police) in every state that are entrusted to enforce these laws that the GOVERNMENT create!? Why is it not government police enforcing these laws? Every officer needs to be a FEDERAL one. That might just solve some of the problems we have. This is why; When people get fined on our roads.. where does this money go? Straight to the state business/organisation that's entrusted with enforcing these laws ie: VICPOL, SAPOL, etc.. I think I'd rather my money given to the government and maybe it just might find it's way back into the roads we drive on. What a joke.
-
Holes in any part of the car chasis/rails/guards etc all are said to comprimise its 'structural integrity' and will only pass a roadworthy with an engineers certificate (that is: that car needs to undergo a full inspection by an engineer and sign it off as OK). An 'alteration' to a factory airbox should be fine.
-
A survey/study was conducted in the Australian Police Force (all states) not long ago now. It was found that the majority of police officers felt that the only way they could achieve a higher rank/get a promotion in the force was to act corrupt (or be an arsehole). That surely shows something. The first post in this thread proves more about it. How bad is it when the government entrusts an 'organisation' to keep law an order in Australia, yet this 'organisation' is so corrupt in itself, no one can do a f*cking thing.
-
BFFPV I THINK it was. black BF goin up canterbury rd yesterday morning.
-
Thanks for posting. That was actually abit hard for me to read. Brenton Griguol's post struck me pretty hard. It's always a tradgedy when this sort of thing happens. On the street, at a sanctioned event, where ever it is. As hard as it is, I'm also happy that they died doing something they love. Better that, than having some random car lose control and plow into them walking to the milkbar. Anywhere. Anytime. RIP.
-
$10000-$15000 for a turbo diesel. That's under $31,000. and it wont cost another $10,000 to service 5 months unless you blow a head and various other parts hahaha. Oh you've only got 5months left? Well I woulda done the same thing as you There is absolutely NO point applying for an exemption. 1) you wont get it. 2) IF by some act of god you DO, it will probably take those 5 months to process lol Also: chances are you won't get done even if you do display P plates. My mate (same situation as you) has been through booze buses with his P plate down (xr6t also), been questioned about the P plates 'falling off', and the copper put it back on for him. One cop then asked about driving turbos and the other cop goes "nah, its only red Ps that arent allowed turbo." (power/weight ratio anyone?) hahaha .. I guess he was pretty lucky. You're almost on your fulls. Just drive carefully for a few months and you should be fine.
-
Did you get her number? .. I hear dosing pulls the chicks (sorry.. was just thinking about Tokyo Drift where he goes "wanna know the real reason we do it?" .. and they go drift around some chicks in an r33 and pull their number hahaha)
-
There is an absolute MOUNTAIN of information already on this forum from .. dare I say it.. HUNDREDS (maybe a SLIGHT exaggeration) of previous threads. Use the search function and just go through the FPV section in general. Every second thread is basically the same question.
-
You could have bought a turbo diesel, or even a standard xr6. You don't NEED it for towing purposes at all. Chances are the xr6t would be alot less economical than MANY other non turbo cars anyway. Sorry mate.. theres no hope in that one either. You can always try. But they're going to use everything they possibly can to tell you why you don't need a turbo/high powered vehicle.
-
You know what? .. They have to do that more regularly these days because of all the shootings, stabbings, bashings and alcohol fueled violence than ANYTHING ELSE. Yet they're influenced to believe defecting cars for being too low, and doing things as sly as using performance vehicles to TRY and make some revenue is ACTUALLY SAVING LIVES!? GET f*ckED IT IS. Wake up to the world son.
-
I am not familiar with this area, however how could speed/redlight cameras at an INTERSECTION possibly cut down street racing!? Anyone who does it through an intersection should be shot imo. Definately not the place, regardless of time.
-
270XRT: If you're looking for an exeption that means you cannot normally legally drive it, and you won't be covered by insurance in an accident. In Victoria it is almost impossible to get an exemption. You could have easily bought a P plate legal car, however you didn't. I'm also assuming you don't need a high powered turbo'd vehicle for work reasons either. Sorry to say, but you'll have next to NO chance of getting an exemption mate. If you do though, let us know, because I have only heard of one person getting an exemption for work reasons. (High performance vehicle. non turbo). It took countless letters, phone calls, and more than 3 months of 'processing' .. so all I can say is GOOD LUCK!
-
That's probably the best idea I'm also in the same boat. Just gonna wait till I'm off my Ps completely and pickup a T. I can DEFIANTELY tell this is the case. KEEP READING! I wouldn't suggest doing any modifications until you talk to workshops and understand how all these things work. That way you will know exactly what modifications you want done to your car, WHY you want them done, and exactly what they do.. instead of just going "yep .. loud exhaust.. ill pay $XXX for it." It will also save you in the long run, because yes, workshops DO dodge people by charging more for parts and retunes.
-
People just need to wake up abit I think. Sad though ..
-
.357 merlin for rabbit hunting =) hahaha
-
Surrogates - AWESOME idea. haven't seen anything like it before. Saw6 - If you love the saw series.. then you'll love it. The opening sequence is nearly worse than anything in the rest of them, and it sets up the movie so well. You bloody well know you're in for it after seeing the start What I don't agree with however, is the fact its rating is only MA15+ . I've seen countless movies which are R, and nothing even comes close to the gore in SAW6. Main reason being; its so damn realistic. If anyone has seen Wolf Creek, that was R when it was released in the cinemas. I'd let a kid see that, it's pathetic really. But SAW6.. definately not something for the squeemish. The Broadcasting commission went backwards on this one haha
-
ive seen 450rwkw, 10second mkII's go for around 30-35k. that would probably be the MAXIMUM possible you'd get for yours im betting. You say it'd cost about 70k to build an xr like yours .. are you including the car price? I know for a fact it wouldnt cost anywhere near that, (unless you have some gold bling that you arent telling us about).
-
1st time I got EPAd: I got a letter in the mail. went in to get it tested. failed. new muffler. 1st warning. bolted old one back on. 2nd time I got EPAd: exhaust was over the 90db limit. I was EPA tested on the spot during a defect blitz. $500.. and had to get it tested again to make sure it was under (bolted sh*t muffler back on). I was told that if I get caught again (3rd offence) I will be taken to court and they will try and fine me 6k. Max fine for NOT HAVING A CAT I believe is roughly $10,000 . (max fine.. doesnt mean you'll get done for that. but its f*cking ridiculous). if this is the case, then you have immediately failed. the car has been altered from factory tuning and is 'unable' to be tested. this fault must be fixed. it is not road legal. if you get pulled over.. do you think you'd have time to flash it back to valet in the midst of getting arse raped? or are you talking about AFTER you've been pulled over.
-
did you sort out the massive shuddering??
-
Nah I'm still using XP I tried using windows 7 on my mates computer and just didn't like it. XP Is just a sh*t load easier for me. I don't need an interface like windows 7. I rarely have time to play games these days, so the computer is basically for running music and movies and various other downloads etc. and of course forums. General easy stuff. I see no need for something like Vista or Windows 7. I still haven't figured out what's so great about it lol care to englighten? I may be persuaded ..
-
can't stand the thing. newer interfaces are just so much harder to figure out. The thing reminds me of mac
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.