Gee
Member-
Posts
131 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by Gee
-
Ratter I wondering as a customer what is the big secret about tuning a car with a xcal 3. The person that I got my car tune wouldn't give me a copy of the tune and then delete it. Now I don't have a backup. Ratter as someone that tunes cars (I think) what is the secret. If you have a good name in tuning people, want you to tune there car?
-
Thanks. Can you download tunes of you xcal 3 to computer to back it up? My tuner delete the main tune that I use.
-
Can you do that with free software or do you need to buy the advantage 3 ??
-
I have a xcal3 with the standard tune but using bigger injectors, and two custom tunes and I was going to go to a sniper unit because it hold 5 custom tunes. He was going to do what your tuner is going to do. You shouldn't need an extra bullet because one bullet for one car no matter how many tunes. Also the good thing about the sniper system is the tuner can email you tunes or make small mods to the tune and then email to you and you can upload them to the sniper box and flash them to your car.
-
It live in the western suburb of melbourne. I can connection my flash tuner to find the error code for you. Also check the wiring to the pressure sensor and the boost solenoid .
-
Brembos /braided lines is an overkill but the brakes look good. I put Brembos on my car for 70% looks and 30% for braking performance. If you put PBR brakes on you will be disappointed and then change them for brembos. Braided lines do not really give you extra braking performance, the line just doesn't expand as much so it seem to give you more power but it gives you better feel. Save the money and don't get braided lines. Then with the money you have saved, get brembos
-
The reason you would buy a xcal3 over a VCM is if you want to do data logging and it easy to change custom tune if you have more than one (one for the wife and one for you).
-
Are you using the car for track days???
-
I don't think is the torque converter because the motor doesn't rev. I accelerate the motor pauses for a couple of seconds then as soon as the revs increase the car goes but I made be wrong.
-
My Bf xr6t has two. I think the one after the cat doesn't do much because the people that tuned my car turn is off so I could add my wideband air/fuel ratio sensor in.
-
It's an ZF auto and yes there is no reves for a couple of seconds and then is goes
-
I have a BF series 2 xr6 turbo ute with about 35000km on it. I have a custom tune, hypeflow cooler, different injectors, high flow cat and high flow fuel pump. The car is making over 300rwkw. But when I try to take off quick, the motor pauses for a second and then the car takes off. This started after I had the custom tune done. Can anyone help me with the cause of the problem and how to fix it.
-
When I bought one of the xcal3 flash tuner, I was expecting a power increase when I re flash my car with one of the genitic tuners but if there was an increase I didn't feel it. I decided to do a few 0- 100 and 80 - 120 tests. I was using a stop watch which isn't the best but the times didn't reduce. ( My car is an auto xr6t ute ) My advise is ring a couple of tuning houses, decided power you want and then speak to them. Also with a ute I think one of the biggest problem is getting the power to the ground. My ute is making over 300 rwkw but the 0-100 is only a little quicker (it just spins).
-
For people living in melbourne city ford could have these snorkels cheaper than the ebay price.
-
I have a hyperflow stage 1 cooler, the car is making 334 rwkw at 14 psi. If you want your car to look standard you better get the black one. Also they say it's a direct replacement for the original cooler but I cut out about 15 mm of metal to get the hyperflow cooler to fit.
-
I have a boost gauge that gives me the peak boost with a push of a button. It good to see if your car is over boosting. Also I have a air?/fuel ratio gauge, I wish I had installed that gauge before I had done mods to compare the factory tune to the tune I have now.
-
What is the widest tyre that can fit on the rear of a BF ute?? What is the widest tyre people have fitted in the 18 x 8 inch rims?
-
Is it giving any error code?
-
There are good points and bad points for both units. The Xcal3 gives you a few tunning options if the person that tunes your cars leaves them active, it has some data logging, has a nice user interface and most tunners have the software to tune them but is only holds three tunes, can tune one car only and cost more. The sniper holds five or six tunes, cost less and can tune many cars with one box.( If you don't want to change tunes or buy a sniper box, you can just buy a bullet and it cost even less). If I was started over I would buy a sniper.
-
On the ba turbo's ford had a quiet fix were they welded a sleeve to the body of the turbo housing to get the wastegate to close. When this weld brakes the wastegate stays open causing no boost. This could be possible the problem.
-
Xcal 3 - Can You Adjust Injector Size
Gee replied to rockafellqeinstien's topic in Engine Management & Fuel Systems
I will confirm that. The only is if you get a copy of the advantage 3 software. -
Thanks I'll give you a call tomorrow.
-
I did clear it but it keeps coming back. My auto could be acting funny on take off. Sometimes is feels like it has a hi stall but other times the auto works normal. Could the fault code be related.
-
When I connect my Capa flash tuner and check the fault codes, a code U0100 come up. My car has a custom tune, different injectors, cooler, cat and fuel pump. Can anyone tell me :- What this means How it affects my car How to fix it.
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.