Jump to content

seduced

Member
  • Posts

    753
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by seduced

  1. Yes Dillz, it is rigged so that no one will fight it. But at the end of the day, he was speeding. He broke the law, radar proof or not. Who is in the wrong? The cop for not providing proof (even though it wasnt asked for by the driver) or the driver for speeding? Would the cop have pulled him over if he was doing 60? If everyone just did the limit posted, there would be nothing to fight. What needs to be fixed is the amazingly low speed limits on great roads, and high limits on crap roads... I'm the last to be preaching, I tend to go over the limit everywhere. One day I will get caught and will just cop the fine. Part of obtaingin a licence is agreeing you wont break the road laws, the result is a fine if you do. Don't like it? Stop driving.
  2. ^He is. What he is sayuing is that they are looped on the single power cable. Probably not the best setup. Depending on Gauge, current etc, you could be sapping power from both amps. The boot is well sealed, so the sound will struggle to escape it. what you could do is find a rear parcel shelf that has the sub grill for premium sound, open up the sub hole and that will allow the air and sound to move out of your boot and into your cabin. Otherwise, you could spin the sub box around and fire them into your rear seats. If you have the rear arm rest, fold that down as well.
  3. Doesn't matter mate. At the end of the day, your mate was speeding and should just cop it on the chin. Even if the cop can't prove it with radar etc, your mate knows he was speeding and should accept responsibility for it. If the fine ever arrives, just pay it and get on with your life. Is all the time you will pour into fighting it worth the few hundred bucks the fine will cost you?? My time is worth far more than that. So is my integrity. I fully expected those detectives to tow my car, and would have happily let them, its not their fault I was being stupid and breaking the law. Tell your friend to man up. /rant
  4. Theres no way it will be supercharged. If it were, it would be a de-tuned FPV GS motor, which would steal sales from the FPV GS, being that you could drive a new (easily re-tuned) XR8 with GS or GT power for 10 grand cheaper than the entry-level GS. It would make the GS a little pointless in the line-up being it shares the same body kit and everything. Think F6 vs XR6T... if the xr6T shared the same engine as it used to, it would steal sales from the f6. I reckon it will be the NA Coyote, hopefully about 300kw, so there is room for them to pump up the xr6T a little more too.
  5. I did 160 in an 80 zone drag racing an SS ute (empty highway, except for the old cruiser behind us with 2 detectives in it....) They eventually caught up to me and pulled me over. Was warned very very sternly, but they knew they couldnt prove the speed I did, but they could have taken me for street racing under the hoon laws. Its just that I was remorseful and very polite that they let me off.... hoever they did take all of my details and mentioned that my plates will be known around for a while... I have obvious plates too. I did leave the SS ute waaaay behind! Last time I ever raced someone too. Won't be doing that again. I wouldn't worry, unless its victoria, the fine isnt in the mail.
  6. Do it Chip Foose style. Silver top half, black bottom along the natural half-line of the car. Maybe a small red/orange pin strip to separate them. Install the LED lights inside the headlights. Would look more consistant and smoother. Several black bits reminds me of all the multi coloured panels on old commodores and hyundias. Cheapens the car..
  7. Also, if the thoery is that enough air can't get to the rear cylinders, wouldn't that make them run rich not lean being that the injectors will still spray equal amounts of fuel across all cylinders?
  8. Darkness, 0w is not the best for these engines, although people here will say otherwise. Stick to 10w40 unless you have a seriously modded 6T. And dont use Castrol Edge. heard many bad reports.
  9. Don't be too quick to point the finger... Ford have been using the same basic 6 cyl since the 60s...
  10. Dynamat the entire rear parcel shelf and the JBL will run fine. This is critical. I did this to my BF and the stock sub came to life. It actually produces great bass now, and sounds reasonably good. It still doesnt like high volumes though, need to upgrade aswell.
  11. Dude. This thread is 7 years old and massively redundant. There is a sticky in the general mechanical section with plenty of discussion over what oil to use.
  12. I dont know about others, but I have never once opened the hood of a car I'm wanting to buy and gone "oh yeah, that's it right there. That engine without the plastic cover looks great, that settles it, im not looking any further. sold!" Seriously. Comparing a Ford V8 to an LS based on how it looks under the plastic is as misguided as putting chev badges on a holden.
  13. What makes me laugh is the morons who put the chev badges on over here, they don't realise that the americans put the Expensive Daewoo badges on over there.... so they are not associated with the rest of the chev brand... even the corvette falls to bits and is horrible as a daily. As an American friend once said "if you guys knew what Chev build in the states, you wouldn't have their badge on your cars..." Nothing says conformist consumer crowd follower like a chev badge on a holden... And the ONLY reason they can give why they have a chev badge is because "its a chev engine maaaate." Wrong. Its made by GM. that's like putting a mercedes badge on a SsangYong, or a Daewoo badge on a Cruze, or Rolls-Royce plastered down the side of a Boeing 747 so the passengers belive they are travelling in something its really not. Or so the pilot can look cool...bro...dude..uleh... And as soon as they arrive, the buyers remove them for HSV and Expensive Daewoo badges. No kidding. Even they can get it right.
  14. Was this an issue on the B series? Mine did that once, pulled over, restarted and it came back to life. Anyone care to explain what a HIM module is?
  15. This is very true if you live in a city. If you live where there are sweeping bends, no traffic lights, no police, no traffic and all that power under your foot, its only when you are in traffic do you wish you had the auto.
  16. But what of the fate of the Falcon? Will this engine be the last new v8 it sees? Is the end still 2015? Will Ford Australia release a last hero GT before it all ends? Will the SCGT become one of the most sought after falcons? There is a lot of hype surrounding this engine, I hope it lives up to it...
  17. Replace the tailshaft with some aftermarket version, reduce all tolerances, and forget peddars. They will tell you all shocks need replacing and half the bushes. Other than that, get used to it. I have vibration issues which I believe are in the gearbox after the entire rear driveline was replaced from the gearbox back, but I have given up searching and I don't really notice them all that much anymore. How much do you spend for what is really minor? These are cheap cars afterall.
  18. I dont like the manual when trying to drive smoothly and quietly through traffic. But get me on a winding road and maaaaaaaannnnn no auto box could ever match that level of fun. The auto guys just pretend that pressing some buttons with a stick is the same sort of control. I like that I can feel the gearbox and engine in my hand, that with the steering feeback and excellent mal wood opt 3 clutch. You cant get any better for spirited driving.
  19. I think the general problem here is that people believe that supercharged=hero car. I thought Ford were supercharging to maintain power increments to keep the GT civilised but more powerful... not to build some one-off special order hero car. (although the opportunity is there should they want it)
  20. But its STILL looks like a stormtroopers helmet gone wrong... and it still has that "mine's bigger than yours" attitude and waaaay too much "look at me" factor. No matter how much power it makes, its just not cool. I mean, who cares about whose got the bigger KW figure! 98% of the time you wont be using hardly any power, but drive-ability is EVERYTHING. If it can't use the power effetively, what good is ti? I remember seeing one of these tested by a mag, the thing couldn't put any power down until the corner was over, 470kw, but still beaten by euros with far less power. Secondly, does that engine meet Euro IV?
  21. At least the GT doesn't look like a Stormtroopers helmet...
  22. If the factory amp is unplugged, the full signal is sent to the speakers. Otherwise, you could just run your new amp off the factory one, you wont blow anything up. Plug it in and see if you like it. I'll have to dig out he BA manual on CD I have somewhere. The wiring diagram was from that.
  23. Quite a bit different to the x5M tinyplums... If it was the typhoon, it would have moved from your rear view mirror to your windscreen...
  24. That would have to be the least powerful modded xr6T here. 214rwkw... Should see 300rwkw by the end of the tune. An extra 100hp will wake you up a bit!
  25. Do a search on amp threads. I posted up the wiring diagram in one of them a few months back. To be honest, you are better stealing the signal from the rear speakers.
×
×
  • Create New...