Jump to content

Racerx

Member
  • Posts

    111
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Racerx

  1. Hey people, I have a BF airbox with the second F6 CAI. I'm about to acquire a G6ET, will the BF airbox fit the FG? Cheers.
  2. How long since you owned it?
  3. Here's a pic and one with my BF parked behind.
  4. The plates were on a Lightning Strike BA Turbo.
  5. Spotted 'YMMIT' Royal st carpark yesterday morning then again Mitchell fwy in the arvo.
  6. So Buffoon, are you saying that I have lost power by fitting a cooler approximately 3 times the size?
  7. Put one on mine about a month back, made a noticeable increase in power and made it much more responsive. I bought it mainly to reduce the drop off in power in hot weather but was surprised the difference it made overall. Worth the money if your on a budget or just wanting to liven it up a bit.
  8. I had a similar problem with by BF, boost was inconsistent,sometimes went like a rocket sometimes a slug. Ended up checking the actuator by connecting it to a compressor through an air gun, regulated to 35/45kpa. I found that the wastegate shaft was binding and the action of the wastegate wasn't smooth. I sprayed the shaft with high temp CRC silicon lube and open and closed the wastegate until it freed up, been good ever since. By using a compressor you can also check if the actuator holds pressure. Make sure you regulate the air pressure to 35/45kpa or you will damage the actuator.
  9. Thanks people. So in theory a tuner should be able to get a 25kw increase out of a stock BF relatively easily as long as you have a decent intercooler and cai,even on 95ron?
  10. What's the difference between the standard XR6T motor and the F6 version that gives it the extra 25 KW's?
  11. Hey people, Thanks for the advice, much appreciated. Good to know it's normal.
  12. Hey people, I've got this bizarre noise when I drive the car first thing in the morning,or when stone cold. The car sounds completely normal when it starts, when you accelerate slowly to about 10kph, at 10 kph it makes a loud clak type noise followed by knocking for about 2 seconds. The noise only happens when you first drive it and wont do it again once warm. When it was under warranty, the tech said the clak noise it was normal and had something to do with the emission controls but now the knock noise has developed as well. Has anyone else experienced this noise or know what it may be. the cars a BF Auto. Cheers
  13. What happens if you overfill the box, (assuming you can)
  14. Just remember if your running a tune that requires 98 you have to run 98, if you try to use a lower octane fuel you will run the risk of engine damage due to detonation.
  15. My understanding is that pump 98 octane fuel wont give you anymore power unless you tune the car to take advantage of the higher octane fuel. Using higher octane fuel lets you tune the motor to a higher state of tune, ie more boost, before detonation becomes a problem.
  16. Definately some proper bonnet vents to let the heat out.
  17. Cheers
  18. Hey People, where is the best place in Perth to have a ZF serviced? Cars a BF just out of warranty, want to have he fluid and filter done. Thanks
  19. I just changed mine, got the standard ford iridiums, for $10 each from Coventrys in os pk Perth, bargain.
  20. Racerx

    Heat Soak?

    Has anyone used or tried a water spray set up on their I/c?
  21. Racerx

    Coil Packs

    Are coil packs the same on the BA and BF, are they the same as the n/a xr6?
  22. Mine's had an extra 3 wires on the right hand side of the terminal box inside the car, a red, a white/red and and a black. The red and white/red are spliced into existing wires, I disconnected both and it fixed it.
  23. Has this just started to happen or has it always done it? If its an ex Telstra car they're wired like it. Mine was, I had to physically disconnect some wiring in the terminal box under the dash.
  24. Great to see you had a win bluesmuso, gotta love these things when they're right.
×
×
  • Create New...