Jump to content

chrislak

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    400
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by chrislak

  1. There has been a lot of imports defected in sydney as well, but remember we don't drive imported cars, as long as your car isn't very loud or to low you shouldn't get to many problems with the police. You have to take one look at the cars that get noticed by the police and you'd understand what I mean, bis shiny wheels lowered one inch of the ground, an exhaust of a top fueler etc etc, a car that looks like something out of the fast and the furious movie will get you noticed and that's where it all begins. If you keep you car stock looking and sounding as stock as possible you shouldn't have any problems. At the end of the day the law has to be obeyed but hey up can bend the rules a little, if your not a rule bender you wouldn't be driving a XR6T.
  2. Have any of you guys read this, http://www.airpowersystems.com.au/falcon/l.../legalities.htm All I can say is people have been hotting up cars for a long time and unless your one of those idiots that hang out causing trouble doing burn out's in areas like brighton le sands in Sydney, this whole page is really another marketing tactic by APS. I find it very strange that I will need to carry engineering paper around for my car, ive been driving a hotted up XY for over 10 years and sure I've been done for speeding and neg driving but I never been asked for a engineers certificate. I'd understand if we were driving escorts around with big V8's fair enough, I think I've said enough.
  3. chrislak

    BRAKE SHUDDER ISSUE

    Save your self the headache go and get a set off new DBA rotors with BENDIX ULTIMATE pads all round, you wont regret it. I have been thrashing the living daylights out of my brakes and I still cant fault them. You guys will work it out soon enough that the fix is crap the dealers are dishing out to get you off there backs, the only fix that I can see happening is in series 2 cars. I'm quite friendly with my service guy and he doesn't know anything about a fix.
  4. chrislak

    BRAKE SHUDDER ISSUE

    XR6na, My wheels are starting to go black but keep in mind I removed the dust covers as well.
  5. chrislak

    BRAKE SHUDDER ISSUE

    I hope it does fix it for good, only time will tell.
  6. chrislak

    BRAKE SHUDDER ISSUE

    aniken, maybe we should meet up and I'll take you for a drive to see what I mean. All I can really go by at the moment is my first impression and the mentioned combo work very good. The DBA rotors have been in my car for about 2000k's now with most of those k's done with the standard pads and only a few hundred k's with the BENDIX ULTIMATE pads and what more can I say a very big difference. I agree only time will tell and you guys will be the first to know if something does go wrong after 5 or 6000k's, but after the torture the brake's had this weekend I dont think they will ever worp or fade, because I know for a fact that I wont be driving the way I did and for the duration on normal sydney street, unless I rob a bank and I'm trying to get away from the police. :D
  7. chrislak

    BRAKE SHUDDER ISSUE

    [Chrislak, what was the cost for the DBA rotors and the pads, and how much to have them fitted?] The rotors where about $200 each installed and the pads have not been paid for, got them through a friend of a friend, apparently yo can get them from REPCO.
  8. chrislak

    BRAKE SHUDDER ISSUE

    As you guys may already know I have replaced my front rotors with DBA slotted several weeks ago, last week I also had all my brake pads front and rear replaced with BENDIX ULTIMATE. Over the weekend I had to try and make them shudder, to my suprise nothing happened every time a braked the car would slow down no fade no shudder. When my car had 1500km (Ford original rotors) on the clock I drove through the same stretch of road where the car started to shudder about half distance to my destination. This weekend I was able to complete the distance turn around and go back to where I first began and I still had full braking and no shudder and no fade, the hotter the brakes got the better they seemed to work. There maybe a few sceptics out there but believe me with out mentioning any speeds I reached through this stretch of roads which consisted of 25km/h bends, straights, hills use your imagination, I was not driving miss daisy if you get what I mean and I still had brakes with out any shudder or fade. All I can say if you guys are sick of this problem go out buy a set of DBA rotors and an all round set of BENDIX ULTIMATE pads, you will not regret it. Now my XR6 Turbo brakes the way it should :o
  9. Not sure how good this polaris paint protection is, I noticed this afternoon that part of the quarter panel and rear spoiler still had swirl marks in it, great swirl marks have been sealed in. I spoke to Polaris and they agreed to check it out and redo, I'd say they missed polishing that part of the car. Polaris - polish for the lazy :D
  10. chrislak

    Who?

    hey CFLAT, any of your club members done the lexus engine conversion?
  11. I was quoted $149.00 from Robbos Spares in Sydney.
  12. chrislak

    Ss Uteris!

    I though I had seen it all, the other day I was out shopping and I came accross a SS adult size push bike, it even had the proper SS badging on it :lol:
  13. chrislak

    Brain Teaser

    The fireman had his ID badge on
  14. Yesterday I had paint protection applied to my car by a company called Polaris(www.polariscarcare.com), all swirls and scuffs are all gone from the car totally. It's also guaranteed for 5 years no more polishing just wash with a mild detergent with out any wax. I'm a little scepticle that it will last that long but we will have to wait and see.
  15. What about our shuddering brakes, mine dont do it anymore thanks to DBA and Bendix.
  16. chrislak

    Dream Machine

    Now where do we start start, Forged pistons, upgraded valve springs, customs manifold, larger 900HP ball bearing turbo, modified auto, exhaust, etc etc etc. Keep a look out on this forum over the the next couple of months, I'll start posting some pics as the work begins, I just need to work out a few finances first.
  17. Congrats mate, enjoy it.
  18. The auto is very good especially if you want to play around with the engine, I had a very good auto transmissions tweaker take a look at my SSS the other day and he said it is a very good auto and for a few dollars he could make change harder and quicker than the C4 in my XY, a very frightening thought but one that I am considering. If any of you guys stuff the auto up I was quoted $1700 for a total rebuild, which is not to bad considering my tiptronic in my BMW went it cost $4500.
  19. sex,drugs and rocknroll, well almost, I have to many hobbies, pc's, cb radios, listening to scanners, remote control petrol powered cars, my old XY, playing with satellite dishes, home audio, car audio, now I know why the missus is always pissed off with me. :D
  20. chrislak

    Vibration

    It's probably the tail shaft mine has to go in and have it re balanced. Spoke to the service manager common problem not only in the Turbo's.
  21. chrislak

    BRAKE SHUDDER ISSUE

    The standard rotors in my opinion want last does't matter how many times you machine them. Every time mine were machined they would start to shudder with only driving 900 k's. This whole situation has been a very big waste of my time and I start to get body twitchers every time I think about it, TWITCH TWITCH :D Go the DBA's they will save you a lot of time going back and forth from the dealers.
  22. If you think that's bad a friend of mine with way to much money had a black 911, if you would of seen the condition of this car after 1 year you'd shake your head, he would also take through the BP car wash because it was quicker than those hand wash places :lol:
  23. chrislak

    BRAKE SHUDDER ISSUE

    I've clocked up about 1200k's with my new DBA's no sign of shudder yet and the car stops heaps better.
  24. Might even be the tail shaft needs to be balanced, I was speaking to the service guy the other day and he mentioned they have had a couple of cars with bad vibration that required there tailshaft re balanced.
  25. chrislak

    Coolant Leak

    Mine was repalced twice
×
×
  • Create New...