-
Posts
3,109 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by JB
-
Thanks Deano, yes we must catch up. Speaking to Craig last week I had every intention of coming on sat to both the dyno day and BBQ but woith Holly obviously going into labour priorities changes! BTW is that more bling on the ute? New front bar?
-
Hey gang, been busy as usual and not spending as much time as I want to on the forum. As some members already know I do have an excuse for not attending the Vic big Weekend. I hope Geea sent my apologies! However I still thought I would let the rest of the guys know that last Wed night I became a Dad for the first time. SWMBO and I had a baby girl Cassandra Lorna Barker 8.3 pounds 52cm Born 8:31pm Wed 5th July Mum and baby are great, we have been blessed witha very trouble free experience. Sleepless night's here we come, I suppose the upside is I will now be able to loiter on the forum a bit more again. Anyway just wanted to share my news, Hope everyone is well and behaving themselves accordingly. I miss not having a T to push the envelope so tell me what's been happening and Who's got the the quickest and best looking T now? Or after all this time is it still me....
-
Gents, this surging issue has been a common long term issue with the T's, in particular manuals. I like many others have spent countless hours with Ford and numerous "reflashes" to supposedly fix the issue. When I was building up my T this was one of the most frustrating points of it as well as the constant stalling. It had been elevated to all different people at ford but no solution. You would think by now with the car in the BF phase that these long term issues would have been sorted. The solution? After giving up on ford one trip to a tuner and either a unichip or capa flash (I had both) imediately fixed the problem without trying to. All they did was performance tune the car. When I flashed back in the factory tune upon selling the car, guess what problem came back. Trust me from spending countless hours and phone calls with ford, if you want it right you are best keeping away from Ford. It's just amazing how the company who built the car cannot fix it, however a small mechanic business can. Cheers JB
-
Hey Craig, If I wear my cape, can I drive the bus?
-
Thanks Guys. Just like anything I was interested in what people are experiencing, certainly not to bag the car. Being an avid car enthusiast I am trying to work out which direction I want to take next. The Bavarian Cabbage Cutter is going great guns, never had an issue. My wife will be driving it when we have our baby in coming weeks. The only thing that I miss is the power, and am running various options through my mind. I will not get another T due to all the problems that ford still don't seem to keen to rectify even though they are well documented. I understand the Phoon is the same platform that's why I was more interested in what you guys were experincing problem wise. I have the various options for a quick car running through my head, Phoon, Sti and the M3 definately floats my boat, but I don't know whether I want to spend that much money on another car. I would also like to end up doing track work which I don't know whether I want to be doing it in a Phoon. The one thing that I found interesting when looking for a second hand phoon is it seems I can get one from a dealer cheaper than blokes are trying to sell them privately. Most of them are anywhere from low $50k to $60k. something I cannot understand as I have heard of guys picking up new ones for low $50' and even saw a few months ago one for $49990 drive away. They obviously drop in value the same way the T's Do? These people seling them for this much are obviously not selling them? Cheers JB
-
Hey Gang, just wondering now that there are a few Typhoon owners on the forum, if we are seeing any common issues, or a continuation of issues from the T with their cars? eg some issues the T's are know for: Diff whine Shunt steering shudder Brakes Radiators Parkbrake swoosh etc Are these issues showing themselves on the Typhoons as well, or are there seperate issues specific to the Typhoon to look out for? Hope everyone is well!!! Cheers JB
-
Good to use if you need to weight a body down in the Yarra River. Um I used my old one for a door stop.
-
Sad to hear there are still the usual issues apparent in the Ba/Bf mo0del. You would have thought that by now this model has had all it's niggling problems rectified. Then again I think it just comes down to ford's build quality, it is very poor. It's a shame as I keep my eye on the forum to see if things are on the improve to maybe end up back in a Typhhon, but I am not filled with alot of confidence. Looks like I will have keep driving a european car, 12 months on not one single issue, not even a rattle or squeak. Come on Ford if you want to compete on the world stage,and apply the relevant $ price, produce the goods to justify it!
-
Hey Vic Gang, is anyone going to the Easternats at Sandown?
-
With 260rwkw and a T5 I would budget for a new clutch. Trust me. Also don't be too hard on the T5 they do now like the extra rwkw plus being pushed hard.
-
Geea, I will give you a call to discuss. SWMBO is due on the 8th July and is applying a 50km radius zone to myself. Will try and at least make a couple of events. Cabbage cutter on HPF dyno?
-
A credit to you Rob, bloody nice looking unit
-
Dave if you are serious I would sell it. I could not get any more for my T fully modified with $4k worth of wheels and 305rwkw. That's why I stripped it back to stock and sold all the parts seperately and made more money back by doing it that way. Also look at Adam only 15 odd k on the clock a tonne of money invested in a great car and cannot get $35k for it, don't ask me why. If you can seriously get $40k for it I would sell it tommorrow, you will never see that sort of coin for it again. Cheers JB
-
Thanks Alan Didn't say I was selling but looking at my options, I have had an offer of $40k but cant make up my mind. Dave. What other options are you looking at Dav e? Rob... He wants a BM.............looks like Male Menapause has set in Then he can join JB for a coffee down in South Yarra Rob... Hey Bambie Any time you want to run me let me know, I'll blow your doors off.............. In the Wet.....
-
Nice one Bambie............
-
Everyone is welcome, however you come here you abide by Austrlian Law and culture. People obviously come here for what Aust offers, so why push to change it? Everyone is welcome to enjoy it, but don't bring your sh*t here, leave it elsewhere. Do not try to impose your cultures restictions into our society. As we would be required to adjust to any other country's culture and society Aust expects the same.
-
I would find it very hard to believe that the T alone has influenced a major european manufacturer. There are many other cars OS that offer RWD turbo variants which would have more of a impact than the Ford Aust Falcon. One also has to ask the question that Ford in Europe in particular produce a much better refined and quality built car than ford Aust could ever dream of, hence why would a poorly built mass produced australian car be the sole influence to a major luxury european brand? What we do not realise in Aust is even in this modern day and age, we still do not get the availability of cars from global manufacturers. If BMW were going to compare themselves to anyone I think it would be the Japs and even the sweeds as well as many others. Believe it or not, (and brace yourselves) Volvo in europe produce some bloody quick cars that we never see on the shores of Aust. Most are used as HWP cars on motorways in particular germany with no speed limits. 6 cyl Turbo R variants are very popular. Cheers JB
-
That's what I call a Venarial disease.......
-
No it does not. 5 diffs later..................... The hand built comment is ford just feeding you bullsh*t.
-
I am going to buck the trend. I say take it off, it's about being different yet retaining style. I was saying to geea the other night, down the track I will look at possibly getting back into a ford but it would be a Phoon. The first thing I would do is what Zap has suggested, remove the wing (everyone has one) and go with the AWB one or try and even track down a DJR wing, lower the car etc and go for the sleek, clean look. Be inidividual. Cheers JB
-
Hey ! JB's coming!
-
Ahh yes, great to know that we are'nt all rocket scientists! They get better and better every year!
-
1. What is a K&N filter? A freer flowing performance filter 2. What performance increases (if any) does it bring? slight approx 5rwkw on the T as dyno tested, however combined with other performance mods it contributes to a complete package to help the flow of the car. 3. How does it boost performance (if indeed it does)? Slight not noticeable besides slightly better throttle response 4. How much do they cost? anywhere from $100 to $175 (Get them on sale) 5. Anywhere special to buy them from, or any old auto shop? Yep 6. Are they an appropriate purchase for a Typhoon? Yep
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.