-
Posts
166 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by needfordspeed
-
Hey guys, Just thought I'd pop in and say Hi, as I've just bought a XR6 Turbo. It's a 11/06 BF Mark 2 in Seduce, with the 6 speed manual. Options include a sunroof and Luxury Pack (Dual Zone, Premo Sound etc.). I got it for a steal, one owner with all books and servicing.. not much warranty history and no mods. It's got 110km on it, which is 80% highway use. It's in IMMAC. condition. I'm not sure whether I'll keep it for a little while and then sell it off and get something better, or keep it permanently (for the near future) and mod it up. I've previously owned a couple of heavily modded E-Series including a turbo EA, 347 stroked EB and a fairly modified 5L EF XR8. Just got a couple of quick q's.. a) What sort of KM life can one expect from the standard clutch? (Mine is running on the original one, it picks up a tad high for my liking and also has some rattle which I believe is from the thrust bearing, but I'm not sure) b) What RWKW are the standard clutches rated at? Anyways, some pics; I'm just using a mate's login as I wasn't able to create my own with my current email account. I'll set one up using the work one tmrw.
-
Probably the Xtreme F6 at 600+ RWKW (603 I think it was)
-
Upper Intake Manifold Pics
needfordspeed replied to Smoke them tyres's topic in Engine Management & Fuel Systems
Here's some from an older model (not a BA) but pretty sure the upper is the same anyway? The first pic is of a modified one, they're not that smooth stock I got some better pics if you want them, just need to upload them, PM me if you need. -
Nice good to see some more 9 sec XR6T's, wonder how long till they're hittin mid-low 9's
-
Anyone Used Dent King Before?
needfordspeed replied to dezzaxr6t's topic in Interior & Exterior Workshop
I'm guessing this is a paintless dent removal joint? If so, I have used this service when my car was bottled by some scumbags I had two dents in my rear quarter panel, one was the size of a 10c peice the other was about the size of a 5c peice I had some pics but can't find them ATM, but the results were good, I could still tell were the dents were but the average eye wouldn't be able to pick it. -
PS if you can get the dealer to tell them it's a manufacturing defect you'll have more of a chance to get them to pay up. Sorry about the rushed posts!
-
I used to work there, the thing with after warranty assistance is that Ford do not need to offer customers this service, it's completely good will, if the car is out of warranty they will enter information into a program and note down things such as intervals between services, where it was serviced, previous brand new fords and if it has been a re-occuring problem etc etc If in their eyes your loyal to ford they will in most cases pay out of good-will, loyal meaning that you have previously bought brand new fords and have had them serviced at ford.
-
Yes please, I'd love to see that!
-
It wouldn't be making much boost while it's parked as there is no load for the turbo to make boost, that's why it doesn't go off while parked.
-
I looked into this for my EF a little while back, the port spacing is the same but the holes for the bolts are in different locations, I'm guessing you could probably weld a EA-AU head plate on the BA manifold but an after market log manifold will be around $500 and at that price I'd just buy one of them rather than stuffing around.
-
I've got a EF, looks like an EL XR6 lol. Anyways, about the brakes mine has DBA gold slotted and drilled rotors all round and brakes fairly decently compared to stock so you could get him to upgrade. If he gets a manual have a look under the dash at the pedal box, if you see any cracks in the welds or stress marks, expect it to break, I recently had to change one and they're a pain in the ass (dash out job) Other than that, they're great cars.
-
I don't see why it shouldn't run a very low 14 or high 13 if it's genuinly got 170rwkw, I'll be watching this with interested, I also want to get into the 13's but it's damn hard with a NA 6 falcon!
-
Hey guys, It's been 10 months since the last reply to this thread, and I was just wondering what they're going for these days? I'm after a MK1 Auto (turbo obviously) and wanna check out the auctions, my parents bought their AU2 from auctions and it's been fine and never missed a beat. I will be going to auctions soon just to get an idea, and have ordered the booklet that pickles sell which gives you all the prices from the cars sold in the last month. PS sorry for bumping up an old thread, just thought it'd be better bumping this one than making a new one! Cheers guys
-
Is that the green one? Pops mono's at 300km/h+ !!!
-
I think he's talking about gas injection which uses special injectors for gas, I've actually seen a XR6T taxi on gas injection so it's definetely possible, pictures are on my phone.
-
http://www.fowles.com.au/auctions/lot.aspx...&number=1829969 I knew it'd end up there. I wonder how much it'll go for. Sorry about the thread mining.
-
I heard it on 3aw as well, we put it on as a joke because no good songs were on I'll also call monday if you want.
-
That's awesome! Great work.
-
soooooooooooooooooo.......................got any new video's for us :D:D:D:D???
-
http://www.ftgautosalvage.com.au/ Try these guys.
-
I heard this from a friend too, this guy is a total Expensive Daewoo guy, so I don't think he would joke about it......but if I do think about it he does bullsh*t alot!!........I'm lost
-
Hi, They do heaps of stuff!! http://www.herrodmotorsport.com/ I think there working on a XR6T now and I think they'll have engine mods for it around march!!
-
Well when I was going to register on fordforums my eyes all of a sudden came onto the game "need for speed" and I decided to add a "d" and I came up with mine!!
-
Nice car!! Enjoy it!!!
-
I saw a citric acid XR6 at the dealer the other day and I think it looks great!
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.