EVLKNEVL
Member-
Posts
25 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by EVLKNEVL
-
Josie Maran: Carrie Stevens: Jakki Degg: mg]http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r139/EVLKNEVL/JakkiDegg6.jpg
-
Keely Hazel:
-
Hand On Little D1ck Every Night
-
Unless it's been resprayed, it's not an XR either. That colour is not available on XRs. Body coloured mirrors and side mouldings make me think it's a futura or something (although that is easy to change). Looks pretty gay if you ask me
-
ABS does not rely on wheel speeds being equal front to rear- or left to right for that matter. it detects wheel lock-up and modulates pad pressure accordingly. Do you think that when you plant it at the lights and smoke the rear tyres, the ABS automatically shuts down and logs a fault code? Of course it doesn't. During a corner, all four wheels are spinning at different speeds to each other, and this does not affect the ABS at all. As far as legality is concerned, an engineer's certificate may be required, but I can not see this being a hassle to aquire. Street Machine's VU ute ran 18" front wheels and 24" rear, and is fully street legal and registered.
-
I bet in some other language FOOTSTOOL is a palindrome
-
A couple of questions: Who did your suspension work and how much $$$? (if you dont mind my asking) Is the Rockford system stand-alone or integrated with Ford's head unit? How does the exhaust sound being a dual system? I've heard they can sound worse than a single system on NA cars (don't know why). I'm keen on doing a similar project as I'm a young bloke too (21). Well done on the stance of the car mate, I've always preferred the kitless look. Looks better than alot of XR6Ts I've seen Matt
-
HOLDEN: Hand On Little Dick Every Night haha
-
Does anyone know how much a Sunglass holder is worth from Ford? I will be doing this if they aren't too steep...
-
For the sake of this thread and its purpose, can we all please simply refer to driveline ratios as "shorter" or "taller"? I hope we all understand what these terms mean and can all get on topic, which happens to be the release date of the box. I think I heard somewhere that the Fairlane/LTD models will get a different version of the ZF, aimed towards even more smoothness and refinement, rather than outright internal strength. Can anyone clarify this?
-
(Quote): Speaking of which I have my Phoon doing low 10's 0-400 on GT4 and cant crack a 9 second. Is this possible.... Try shifting all the weight bias to the rear, softer rear end setup, nitrous maxed to power, have a good mess with your gear spacings to get nice, even pickup in all gears (ie none too sluggish and none too peppy), no front toe in etc. 9.287 was my fastest time from memory.
-
Has anyone in QLD noticed the number of unmarked new Magna patrol cars getting around? Drove past a party on Saturday night and saw one out the front presumably attending a noise complaint, with the whole areals and crime stoppers stickers deal I've seen countless on the road, to the point where I'm more vigilant of the Magnas that Falcons and commodores. They don't seem to be removing the hubcaps like they do on other D cars. I assume it's part of the government deal with mitsubishi to keep them from going broke in Australia.
-
That's what made the Turbo an instant hit, but not necessarily the GTHO. These will be cars that most people would not even dream of modifying, let alone not many people will have spare change left over after spending 90-odd grand on a car. FPV needs something else, something that gives it customer appeal and street cred without copying other rivals' formulas. That said, instant tunability would definitely be advantageous for a number of reasons: People like RDP and CAPA will surely get their hands on one and show us what it's made of Ford will have some headroom when it comes to upstaging the opposition It gives Ford the opportunity to have a "detuned" engine giving better than expected economy, smoothness and reliability rather than a highly strung engine tuned close to its limit But, at the end of the day, can Ford handle two cult cars in its own lineup constantly battling each other for market superiority? The XY GTHO never had a turbo 6 from its own camp knocking on its door threatening to steal its thunder.
-
QUOTE(EVLKNEVL @ May 10 2005, 02:17 PM) Sorry for going off-topic, but just quickly: Is there an edit available for LS2 owners yet? Could get interesting if there is. WHAT THE F#@& - you gotta ask us!! Go over to ls2.com - they should know... Or NOT On reflection, they ain't real bright are they???
-
I reckon the GT itself will need around 330kw in the mkIII to keep up. To give the HO anything less than 350kw would be suicide, as you can guarantee hsv hasn't even scratched the surface of what the ls2 is capable of. FPV will always have the weight issue, and need plenty of extra grunt to keep it on top. I think Ford would be running around madly right now looking for an engine that can solve its top-heavy handing issues and bring the weight down to achieve some decent power-to-weight ratios and 1/4 mile times. After all, why bring out a V8 car that expensive when there is a 6 cylinder turbo engine that can do everything a V8 can (except sound as good)? There's no doubt the XR6 Turbo is the best thing that's happened to Ford Australia in a long time, and it will be a cult car for a long time yet. If a fuel-guzzling, nose heavy, underpowered V8 can't create the same kind of enthusiasm for Ford, or keep up with its rivals, why build it? Remember, the GTHO was a cult car too. My suggestion to Ford: Start with a GT-P. Supercharge it (as opposed to dropping in a yank engine), give it something like 380kw and a motherload of torque. Do something trick handling-wise to stay true to the name- Adjustable airbags perhaps? Throw monster brakes under it to dispel the classic car's brakes' bad name. Leave the interior alone save trim colours/guage specs to stay true to the formula. Release it, cash in on the nostalgia factor, and use the success to build on the next incarnation- something with an alloy block and heads, designed in Oz. Maybe then the GTHO name could be something meaningful on a modern day supercar Ford, don't chuck a monaro!
-
Maybe the HO should be a turbo 6
-
Sorry for going off-topic, but just quickly: Is there an edit available for LS2 owners yet? Could get interesting if there is.
-
Looked like Russel had a pretty hard time holding Richards back- he looked buggered at the end of race 3.
-
I'm pretty sure the damage to Ambrose's mirror was not from the initial contact but from the series of paint-swapping that followed. Ambrose got a better launch, was in a position to take gonzo's position, and tried to do so. Gonzo just didn't want to give up. Ambrose braked earlier than skaife and tried to turn in when all of a sudden there was a lump of in his way. Can you blame Marcos for trying to hold the lead he established right off the line? Has anyone noticed 99% of avesco spokespersons wear hsv shirts? Pathetic judgement in my opinion- we've never seen rick kelly do anything like that now have we??
-
If this is the case, shouldn't the same rule appy for inertia? The wheel and tyre require more force to get moving, but once spinning the momentum generated by centrifugal forces should cancel out the extra weight. This is nitpicking though, and inertia physics is not familiar territory for me, im just trying to make sense of your comments. I hear you though, and if your theory is right, I'll stand corrected. As for your comment on 12 inch wheels & tyres Turbo6man, if you were planning on driving around with space savers on the rear, sure, get your car dyno'ed with them on. If not, you're really just looking for the biggest numbers on the sheet of paper you take home. Don't take my comments the wrong way, as I definitely will not be dragged into a childish argument reminiscent of the many this site is famous for. As I said, I'm not an expert and if I'm wrong I'll be happy to admit it.
-
Fact is, cobrav8, that tyre circumferences are not the same, even if only by small margins. Now for those who say the negligible difference in circumference does not translate to amount of power loss, try multiplying that difference by the rpm of the wheel. Don't forget that 1mm difference in diameter equals 3.14 extra mm in circumference (old pi equation). Yes, weight of the wheels is also a contributing factor, possibly more so than circumference. It is an inertia-related issue and must also be considered. Turbo6man, why would your dyno operator need gearing information? what would he use it for? even if he knew these variables, they shouldn't be used to change power readings, and if they were, I'd be finding myself a new tuner. Tyre size ABSOLUTELY MUST alter dyno figures. If you don't believe it, actually explain to me how this is not so. My original point is that if you want to know your engine's actual power, put it on an engine dyno. If you want to know how the engine copes with all other loads, friction, inertia and gearing-related, and the actual amount of force your tyres will translate to the tarmac, use a chassis dyno. That's what they're for.
-
Will Swap My 2 Leg Gt Wing For A Fill & Paint
EVLKNEVL replied to PASHEN's topic in Interior & Exterior Workshop
How bout the plastic bungs they use for the tonneau hooks on utes with hard lids? If you're lucky they might just fit straight in. You could buy them in purple straight from Ford. Does anyone know the size of these holes? If it were me, I'd be straight off to a reputable fibreglass mob and have a DJR lip made up. That'll cover your holes and look sweet without respraying your boot. Your car has enough individuality to set it apart from the 320 in my opinion. In any case, who cares what people think your car is? Hardly anyone even knows of the DJR320 and if they do, the howl of that turbo mill and blowoff valve will soon set them straight. -
I think I can clear this up. I'm no expert so feel free to correct me if need be, but think of it this way: PASHEN, your 19s have a larger overall diameter than your old 17s (both with tyres on), so for every rotation of your axles, your car actually travels further. The total circumference of your tyre is the distance you travel for one rotation. The extra power required to move your car the extra distance is the few kilowatts you lose on the dyno. That's why larger wheels have the effect of a taller diff ratio. The pay-off is that on the highway, your car mustn't rev as hard to keep you at a given speed (just like a taller diff). turbo6man, a dyno will measure tractive effort, but this is always effected by gearing and drivetrain power loss. It is acually a good thing because it gives you a real world indication of how well your engine puts down the ponies, relative to your car and its set-up. As I said I'm not an expert, so disregard this post if you want, but at least think about it. Makes sense Matt
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.