Jump to content

BA_Turbs

Member
  • Posts

    836
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BA_Turbs

  1. I think so... Below the BA XR8 and above the BA GT. Went out and bought NFS Hot Pursuit II today to try some of these vehicles out... WRONG GAME! I needed NFS High Stakes. Sorry Slymeat, may have given you a bum steer there. Happy to maintain the deity status you have endowed upon me though.
  2. "Your Worship, I have read the post on FordXR6Turbo.com submitted by AAMI into evidence, and, frankly your worship, many people have access to my computers both at home and at work. I do not recall making that post and modifying my signiature in that way and unfortunately am not able to tell you who did." Yeah, you can say silly things on the net, but prove it was me!
  3. Dutchie, you've heard my opinion!
  4. I use Optimax and Mobil Synergy. The information I used to come to that decision is from a combination of what I have read on these forums, the offical literature, and e-mails to the petrol companies. I don't use BP because I have had bad experiences with their fuel in previous vehicles and not a single drop of BP fuel has ever gone in the T, nor will it. I don't use Caltex Vortex because it is only 96 RON. I had no issue putting Caltex fuel in previous vehicles, but the T is smart enough to recognise 98 RON fuel, so why wouldn't I use it? Safeway, Foodies, Liberty etc.... Not a chance. A mate of mine worked in the petroleum industry for a while. No thanks, I'm not interested in the fuel that was refined in Indonesia then couldn't be sold there, so it was bought cheap and sold here. This is one brand specifically. Not all of their fuel, but certainly some of it. Shell has more detergents in the fuel which work towards keeping the injectors clean, but I personally think that most Shell fuel, incuding normal ULP is high in Sulphur. That's why I mix in tanks of Mobil, generally three of one, then three of the other. The mobile fuel does seem to leave more black grime on the back of the car, even if it doesn't smell as much. You can always smell a car running on Optimax, it stinks. I ain't a petro-chemical engineer, so this is just what I have gleened from the info available to me and my experience. Hope this is of some benefit to you
  5. Found it: Aussie Fords for Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2 I haven't got this game, but would get it if people think its any good. Is it? How hard is it for a computer dummy like me to get these downloadable cars going in the game?
  6. Maybe Mits could offer this as a value added pack on the Magna, throw in a "gumma", 16" alloys and a few stickers on the car declaring it ot be the "Syphillis" limited edition. All of a sudden the Classic and SR are looking like pretty good deals...
  7. Some guru pissed in his ear about crystals etc put a certian way ,makes the energy of the car all work as one,the shocks will work together with the springs,the tyres will flex with the shocks etc Like the tv add banging two fish together above your back. Expensive Daewoo special sh*theaps (that's what SS stands for BTW) wanted no part of it. Brocky was a bit lost at that point in time,he fitted a polarizer to every car he did and truly belived it worked,Expensive Daewoo said the polethingie goes or you go .... Brocky went his way ,that's why he went to Ford,stick it up em(gmh),as it were,he eventually got back on the piss and became good again,the rest is history Very funny explanation, thanks mate!
  8. Finally seen the ad. A bit stupid, but failry inoffencive I thought. Just to be taken with a grain of salt, I mean, c'mon, not even dumb people would be fooled by that would they?
  9. What is to go with consoles (PS2 Xbox) on Rear projection TVs. I read in the back of one of the PS2 game manuals it should not be played on a rear projection TV, however it did not say why.
  10. It was convincingly subjective and unbiased until this post. Sorry, that's where the author couldn't help themselves and they lost me. I don't really have a strong opinion on Bush, so they might have had me up until then.
  11. I was too young at the time to know what the hell was going on. Wasn't it the Brock "Polariser" or something that caused the split? What the hell is/was the polariser (if I even remember the name right)?
  12. That's not very nice! Unless the lollipop lady works in the Expensive Daewoo Design studios in her spare time...
  13. Thanks dude
  14. I have a slightly "shop soiled" left fog light. How much is it for a replacement? Only wondering if anyone knows off hand, I'll ask at next service anyway. Might even do it myself rather than paying them to do it... Thanks for the info guys!
  15. Can you get those options on an XR6T? I thought the engine was rated to about 1,300kg or similar and the manual transmission even less. (ie the engine restricts the towing capacity with an auto transmission). Perhaps you have ordered an XR8? (your post doesn't say) Not trying to be smart bugger, but I thought you could only get the minimum tow pack. Would be very pleased to be proven wrong. Oh, very good about your wife and the sat nav too! :lol:
  16. Lads, unfortunately I also will not be joining you on this cruise. Was looking forward to meeting all of you folks from across the border, but no can do. A big and hearty thank you to Jeff for all his efforts, and again sorry to do this at the last moment. The overnight cruises offer the advantage of being able have a few beers and talk rubbish and really get to know people, but just can't wrangle this weekend. Have a great time and a for me! Regards, Antony
  17. I'm leaving that alone... I'm sure no good can come from clicking it.
  18. Its one pimpin' ride that's for sure, but how much are the tyres each? (Or shouldn't I ask?)
  19. I voted that I have another "offensive idea".... And here it is: Grow one of those beards I like to call a "Sea Captain's". They may have a real name that I don't know of, and its not a beard as such... What I speak of when you have massive mutton chops that collide with your huge bushy moustache; except for some unknown reason you continue to shave your chin A great look that harks back to steam ships captains of old and perhaps even the odd Great Western Locomotive chief engineer. Overall, I great look, that I'm sure, even though I've never had the pleasure of meeting you, you would be able to carry with dignity and aplomb. I look forward to you posting pictures of you shaking hands with the mayor of your local government area or other similar celebrity while sporting a fine example of facial hair such as I have suggested. (Now Lumpy, look at the time, did you expect any better? "Ask a silly question...." :lol:)
  20. I remember seeing a site (Sorry, I'll tell you now I don't have the address) that had a series of GTs right back to the XR and up to the BA, several of the Mad Max XA/XBs etc and heaps of links to other sites that no doubt would have had Ts there. Found it through Google by typing in "Mad Max vehicles" if you have a vague interest.
  21. Everybody wins! Bloody good work! :lol:
  22. Just throwing ideas around at the moment mate, if you know some great roads down Geelong way (or anywhere for that matter), or if any Geelong members want to pipe up! Keen to hear all ideas, but let's see if we can get some twisty bits in there this time?
  23. Geez fair crowd your bringing there Ken... Will they all fit in the back seat.. Oh this thread is funny! Some of them sound like Ali G's mates! Perhaps Ken's Uncle Jamal is coming as well?
  24. The cupholders are clearly designed for an auto. The gear chagnes are total in the manual if you have a bottle of coke or anything there. I would definately say the intereior was designed around an auto.
  25. Famke Jannsen... Now there's an older woman (39) that can teach me anything she likes!
×
×
  • Create New...