Jump to content

JJ_Phantom

Member
  • Posts

    208
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by JJ_Phantom

  1. I'm booked into Alpine Gables - anyone know the closest pub?
  2. Here's one of my Fav pics of my purple Expensive Daewoo eater.
  3. I got the vid of it sent to me by some gossip freak at work - if anyone wants it - PM me
  4. But really - - - What does it matter what we say - - we've already had a cop on this forum tell us that the regular copper earns $250k a year. If we dropped them down to a decent HIGH wage - we could put more money into Public transport.
  5. 1. The UN (minus the USA & England) were quite clear to the world that war was not what they wanted. Unless you know something that the rest of the world doesn't (do you know where the WMD are??????) then Iraq were not in breach of any UN resolutions. 2. Any mention of Sept 11 in regards to Saddam loses all credibility. Osama (the big bad mastermind living in a cave) given the chance would kill Saddam as quickly as he would any american. He hates the man. 3. Who ordered the use of those weapons against the Iranian's in the 80's? the answer - the american Govt.
  6. I have no probs with the forum at work - - but at home it is painfully slow. It's the only forum I have the problem with though???
  7. Interesting to see all the Blood Orange comments. I'm the same - I still love the Phantom. Would maybe think about the Blood Orange or the Black though.
  8. 100 more police - at 125k a year - come on!!! They could amost fix our hospital bed shortage with that kind of money.
  9. ARGGHHH - - Don't remind us about that again! Hours & Hours of staring at that screen for nothing!
  10. I'm at work - but about to go to lunch.
  11. She used to complain when I wen't on the Forums - (my old Canberra Cannons one - "John, that thing is taking over your life!!!") Lately - She's ok
  12. VG - Is it true that there is a legislative requirement that requires that the charge is increased to manslaughter (still containing the same bail conditions) if the victim passes away?
  13. I did a search for Road Stats and found this interesting publication (attached) on QLD road crashes & fatalities. The first graph is stats on the causes - as determined by the Police on scene. Interesting to note that Speed was a factor in 17% of fatalities (5th highest cause) and only a factor in 5% of all accidents. The other thing I found REALLY disturbing was near the end it says that in 30% of fatalities there was no seat belts used. I might get flamed - but, HUGE fines & loss of licences should be given for this. absqld2002.pdf
  14. Yep - I thought it was about 1/2 mill though. Guy that won it lost out on the 55 gullwing Merc (he wanted both) They were saying that if NSW #1 went on auction - starting bid would be a million. Some person in QLD owns it. I'd love to have #6 on my T - but it probably wouldn't go for less than about 50k.
  15. Count me in.
  16. I've dealt with all 3 dealers in Canberra as a private sale and as a fleet manager. I have only swapped a vehicle at Woden - no probs (you would hope not - just swapping a car!) I have picked up cars - and had repairs at Belco - only prob was them losing a set of keys for a good half hour while I had to wait. Most of my dealings - as a worker and an individual have been at Gregory's. Most of my dealings there have been great - after being advised how bad they were I was surprised in the service I received by the staff. Unfortunataly - the boss rocked up with a urgent prob is was asked "What's your problem mate?" - - not really what a 55 year old bloke wants to be asked when his $60k car is dead.
  17. I must apologise for the fact that I have only been a member for a short time. I wouldn't say have any real issues with law enforcement. In my years of driving I have not been caught speeding (touchwood), dangerously driving, drink driving, etc. I have never recieved a parking ticket (ok there was one in NZ on holiday - but I got away with that). Away from the roads - the only dealing I have had with police was when I was a teenager and was told to turn music down at a party - no big deal. What I have an issue with is the 'holier than god' attitude that some police officers seem to have. It's a tough job - yes. But it's not the only tough job in the world. You are intitled to your opinions - - but other people are also to theirs as well. Not everyone believes that so much attention should be put into speeding fines, not everyone thinks that Summernats should be banned because of a few nobs.
  18. :lol: "virtually directly attributable" is a stat!!! I 100% almost positively might believe that!
  19. Yep - it turned out horribly again! Just ask all the motel managers & bar owners. I've got a mate who manages a bar in the city & was just speaking to him... guess what... he is SPEWING - - It was the biggest turnover for a weekend since.... SUMMERNATS LAST YEAR!!!
  20. Not one at the Braddon club? - Well I'm very impressed.
  21. I know, its hard to believe But the media didn't exaggerate in 1992? Of course not. :o
  22. VG - Just try to build yourself a bridge and get over what happened 12 (!) years ago. I'm looking forward to reading another article this year on the ratio of RBT's done in the area to people charged. Last year it was hilarious! Was something like 500 RBT's and 3 DUI's. Why aren't the Police in Saturation mode every weekend in Braddon? The are burnouts, sexual assults, drinkspiking, etc every weekend.
  23. NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! I'm not sure I can survive without my Coopers Sparkling Ale. If anything - this will really jack up the price of it everywhere
  24. Personally I'm very proud of our boy's in blue for all their hard work (the media relations anyway) letting us all know that there you would be lucky to drive 40mins without seeing a police officer on the highways - - when all it did was increase the toll again - - LET'S WORK ON REDUCING DRIVER FATIGUE!!!!
  25. The Poms were first there to start helping after the quake though.
×
×
  • Create New...