Jump to content

mic

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    1,725
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mic

  1. All of the above. It goes off like a gunshot with more boost hey. Scares the s#*t out of people !
  2. Well ok. Just doin mine now. It illustrates on the walbro instructions use new filter or rotary pump will fail. But I read somewhere else on the forum you will get surges if you have too much power. But my gss 341 filter fits, why doesnt yours?
  3. Hang on tis kay, got it - thanx mate
  4. DONT EVER GO TO FRAUD !!!
  5. does anyone know how to get the ute fuel pump out of its holder
  6. I have a megasonic on the end of my p/w plenum. I used to have the adapter kit. Those valves are really good quality.
  7. Hey craig, im in gold coast. When I 1st finished the install on my p/w kit everything was on. The cowling on very bottom, fog lights in and all. Went 4 a drive the next day and got smashed by crazy ass rain in tweed, I couldnt see a thing and had to stop on the highway !!! So that was extreme. I even made another setup that curled back around behind that metal plate and up and sat in that cavity in front of the front wheel. I think it was a puddle that killed that plan. So a bit of bad luck there really. The kit is faultless apart from - I think there should be a gasket with the plenum, that's all, but I also really like the idea of the air filter being easy to get to. that's my personal preferance though and no design faults at all by p/w - cheers
  8. Is the vacuum hooked up? Pipes tight? BOV not seized?
  9. Should take like an hour by yourself. 2 bolts in the top go straight in and drill the one in the rad support out - done
  10. Sorry mate, the rear quarter they will repair and the door and front quarter will be replaced im sure of it. My ute was reversed into, rear quarter same as yours and h harvey in nerang just repaired it. But it came up perfect - 100%. I got three hits in my toxic ute in about a month when it was brand spankin new and all the people just said " I couldn't see it because it blends in"
  11. I use 0W-50 penrite syn o. Bit dear but good stuff.
  12. Hey thanx craig that looks good mate. I have the p/w cold air ind fog light setup but ditched it as it kept gettin wet. And honestly this setup works just as good if not better. On the standard t you have cold air ind but to get to the turbo it has to cross the engine and get hot anyway - defeats the purpose. Know anyone who wants to purchase p/w cold air ind ? What power you runin ?
  13. Had no idea that a little bit of oil in the intake could cause detonation. Cheers rapid
  14. Absolutely as opposed to an n/a car. I have seen a supra at 59 psi!!!
  15. Hi, I havn't installed my walbro yet but its the gss341 which I thought was the direct fit replacement for the t. The 342 was for lancer, honda and other smaller cars. Not 100% on that but im sure some one else will be - thanx
  16. that's a cool filter set up and just like what I have done with my t ute. It works great. It doesnt even matter if your filter is sucking hot air as your turbo runs optimal when red hot. Its up to the I/c to cool the air after that before it goes to the intake. that's why you should have a good cooler. And by placing the filter there you've cut the travel path by 2/3.
  17. Hi guys, I will change mine too. Where do I buy a fuel filter from and how much are they?
  18. Yeah id just like to add to zaps comment on dont take it to ford. On my 1st 5000km check up they: Put a litre too much oil in the engine (it didnt even need any!!) Left the dipstick half out All the clips on the air box undone Radiator overflow half done up and hissing steam So I never took the car back, serviced it myself entirely and never any trouble. Get a pro to look at it - how clean is your air filter?
  19. Hi f6, when my bf xr6t ute was brand new (900klms) it broke down on a busy road at night, just cut out. Racq came and said it was not getting any fuel and must be the fuel pump. He hopped under neath and with a rubber hammer hit the fuel tank, away it went and I made it home. The next morning still furious, hopped underneath the car and realised the wiring harness for the fuel pump had snapped the clip off and was supporting its own weight (half unplugging it self). Even to this day the thing still plays up, coughing and spluttering (not nearly as much). But when it does I just wiggle it and its fine, no probs, get them to check it out.
  20. mic

    Bf Bottom End

    Thanx man
  21. Definately ya plugs, replace I reckon with iridiums and gap to .75. The only hard thing is the plug at the fire wall, its a long stretch and you need to piece together sockets as one long rod cant go straight down. What I do is sit on the rocker cover to save my back - im small though. And blow out with compressed air before you take out the plugs so dirt dont fall down.
  22. Bf xr6t, p/w plenum, intercooler and custom pod. 6 spd man, ceramic clutch, 60lb inj with gss341 pump, full 3.5 inch x-force ex with twin dump and 10 psi capa flash. Custom tune soon with valve springs.
  23. Bad luck mate, but when your turbo is rebuilt it will be better than ever. While its off why dont you mod it ? Dont worry about ford they are rip off merchants and just use apprentices on all their brand new cars. My friends soarer tts blew and cost him 4000 to fix them both with roller bearings, but yours wont cost anywhere near that much - good luck
  24. Yeah it doesnt plug into anything, mine is the same, dont worry about it - cheers
×
×
  • Create New...