-
Posts
872 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by KrasH
-
When it was time for me to buy my first car, I was waiting to see how the AU would look. I hated the look and bought a Nissan Pulsar SSS instead. I was then into buy a new car mod, and I was looking into buying an R34 Skyline GT-T. I was litterally weeks away from getting the importer I chose to get the car in. I then saw an article about the new Turbo coming out with the new BA. I then decied to wait, saved extra money and now I own one Couldn't be happier. A very good choice in my opinion. Will I buy a ford in the future. Will depend on what is available in a few years.
-
Those flashlight mod's suck. When playing multiplayer, if the other person doesn't have the mod the game won't work.. The best technique is to map the flashlight to the right mouse button. I've found it extremely usable this way. Allows be to use my beloved Chaingun, Rocket launcher and the recently acquired BFG 9000;) I've almost finished the game.. I'm a few levels past hell and I am in the caverns. In regards to the "same" look of the game at the beginning, the further you go the more things change. I especially gasped in awe when I finally took the monorail. Amazing scenary. Oh and that massive guardian/devil in hell is fricken awesome. Let's just say that the more blood you see, the closer to hell you are Oh and I can't believe the detail. When you first start the game, in the canteen you can play the turkey punching game. Now just past hell, I pick up a PDA and read the email. It then refers to the "cool new turkey punching game.. check it out". Bloody hillerious. Oh and the message about the incorrectly sent supply of chainsaws.. haha Great game, wish I had more timne to play it. But I recon I'll be finished in a few hours of play.
-
I'm voting for the lesser of two evils and the party with more brains. Just watch question time in the house of reps to see which party has more of a clue.
-
Unfortunate news about the dead ICC. The car audio place that installed my incar DVD did it for the first time ever in my particular car. They also did a pretty good job aswell. I asked the bloke who installed it whether he had ever worked on a BA falcon before and he said that they only did a subwoofer etc install in one BA ute a few weeks before hand. When he did the ute he said that it took him way more time that it should've, but being a sort of new car he had to make the time, to make sure everything was right. Then when he got to my car, everything was reletively simple for him, although he said that he did phone blaupunkt more than a few times to make sure about a few things. Obviously, the car installers that screwed up in regards to your install don't have a clue or anyone to call for help or maybe too stupid to call someone who may know more. A good installer will always know someone they can call about certain things. A bad installer probably doesn't have anyone to call or they just don't give a stuff. I hope your problem get's solved quicksmart. Remember that the installers are at fault with this (I know that you know this, but sometimes these things have to be enthesised), because ICC screens don't just die for no reason. Oh and the burning plasticy smell, I know about these. The XF I drove years ago had some burning wire problems when I did an install once. Made me remember to unhook the car battery when working with this stuff. Something my brother didn't remember when he killed a deck I had in the pulsar SSS.. Pure Ametuers... d'oh
-
Unfortunatly I was unable to attend the track day. Missed the first 3 days of work this week due to a sore back (pinched nerve at the base of my spine), so I had to work on the Thursday to catch up.. Oh well.. Always next time I guess.. BTW, What lap times did some of you get?
-
This could go on for ever... Gone are the days when people took responsibility for there own actions... "That video made me do it" type of mentality... what a load of crap.. Don't people have common sense. We're not a bunch of bloody robots... If you speed it's YOU that is responsible for yourself and others around you at the time. It's not someone elses fault... sheesh.
-
Looks like the clips have been taken off... only the dyno run videos are still up by the looks of things..
-
My 15k service was under $200. I had my 30,000k service last week and it only set me back $184. Not bad at all. Although I did get my front premium brake pads replaced for $290, a few days later ($20 less, cause the wankers used a rattle gun on my 2 lock nuts and f*cked them up, using the excuse "they were on too tight").... No brake squeel yet from the supposed "fix".
-
Could be possible to hook up the STU through the DVD player The Blaupunkt unit I have has 2 video/audio inputs. The signal convertor used for the Blaupunkt BA install also has 4 additional inputs. In ragards to 12volts, that isn't an issue nowadays. 12v to 240v invertors are reletively cheap. I have a 300WATT one, that cost me about $120 from Dick smith powerhouse and it happily works with my XBOX (uses 150watts) and PS2 (uses 100 Watts). The good thing about the unit I have is that when car battery power is low it beeps a warning, then turns itself off after a while . I did try an hook up a 34cm TV which is rated at 75watt, but as we know tv's use alot of juice to start up I've seen invertors upto 1000 watts available.
-
Croatia do have the current Womens Handball world champions, apparently. On the subject of number plates... SKIPPY and a caption on the bottom "The Kangaroo basher"
-
oh.... perfect timing... My brother bucks night will be in Sydney on that weekend I choose the saturday... Excellent. Do some drag racing, then go out to the bucks night Put me down as a definate maybe 70/30 atm. I will pm you when I am 100% certain of my attendence.
-
I could possibly get myself there for the day. Just had the 30,000km service (engine seems smoother after the latest ECU, whatever, update done to my car. Front Brake pads (The new non squeely, apparently slightly more bitey) getting changed on Tuesday. Hrm, I'll say I'm a 50/50 for now... Will know closer to the day if I can make it ... So easy to get a day off work when you work for yourself
-
Oh, the right hand side drivers on freeways... they seriously piss me off too. When I was in Nelson Bay a few weeks ago, On the way back it was a shocker. I overtook some idiotic b**ch and then I went back into the left lane as I do, then this b**ch speeds past me and stayed in the right lane infront of me for atleast 50km... Really peeved me, cause she was sitting on less than 110km/h.... sheesh... But in saying that there were more cars sitting in the right lane then the left...
-
that's a nice speed out of the SSS Krash, I had a 1999 SSS that I traded on the T and only could manage 215 out of that on a flat road, and yes, they are very stable at high speed, a very well put together motor car, almost as much fun as the T. The actual top speed quoted for the SSS in mags at the time was 231km/h.. My clock showed 225-230, so realistically was probably going 5-10km/h lower, but yeah, amazingly stable at that speed.
-
BA XR6 Utes are speed limited to 185kph due to the one piece driveshaft, as opposed to the turbo's, sedans, FPV etc. Can confirm this for a fact Nothing to do with aero. Fair enough.... I just assumes aero because of the "tub" at the back....
-
225-230km/h in the 1998 Pulsar SSS I once drove. Was a stright stretch of road, slightly downhill.. Also had a good view of a few km's or road The car was suprisingly stable at that speed and stuck to the road like glue. Fastest in a ford... 190km+ (can't remember exactly, but it's top speed was 208km/h according to mags at the time) in the Falcon XF I drove years ago. Was also full of people and going uphill. only hit that speed for about 5 seconds.. Fastest Diesel vehicle. My uncles Diesel powered Nissan Bluebird Hatch (1986 I think) in Germany.. He was sitting on 180km/h and the odd BMW/Merc overtook us as if we were standing still. Fastest in shuttle bus. In Italy, the shuttle bus driver hit 180km/h on the way to rome airport... Freaked me out seriously.. Fastest in a truck, my dad's Mazda E2000 truck. 150km/h downhill, filled with about 1,500kg of grapes for my dads wine making. Had to speed up for a hill in the distance. Speed at top of hill, about 30km/h..
-
6.8 seconds 73.61 score Not bad after about 10 trys Another 5 trys: 3.83 sec 130.66 score 0 choc Beat that
-
I could have sworn that a cousin of mine with an BA XR8 ute is speed limited to 180km/h aswell. Something to do with the "aero dynamics" of utes. Back OT, I heard this on the radio yesterday morning and all I can say is "stuuuuupid". The L plater and the licenced person should both get their licence suspended. Just imagine if one of cro's friendly kangaroos jumped out on the road to say hello.
-
I don't listen to the radio much, but when I do I don't find any real problems with it around Canberra, just the usual spots here or there. But I do notice a "fluttery static" now and then but I'm not really sure if it's where I am or the antenna in the rear window.
-
The reply by a Voy on that thread: I just read this thread from pg 1-3 and it gavve me a fcukn headache that's my 2cents Pretty much sums it up for me aswell...
-
I had a slight "burning oil" smell for the first few thousand, but that smell goes away. I did have oil usage issues, with oil levels going below OK. My service manager said that by 15,000km the problem should go, but it's almost 30,000km now and last week I noticed that it is staying where it was left a few thousand k's before (oil change every 7,500km on an "interim Service" for me). So I'm guessing the problem went away at about 20,000km. This means that the oil usage isn't a problem anymore. I was wondering if this could be due to synthetic oils not being the best thing to run engines in with? Or am I missing the point?
-
I think it's amazing that someone could drive any car without insurance. Pure stupidity. Answer to the drivers "airbag not deploying" question, The sensors are in the front bumper aren't they. Look at the pics and there is the answer. If he hit a wall, they would've deployed. @ Crisso I'm sure there are websites out there that can translate that to proper english for you. (I can't remember url's off hand). I also had trouble reading it.
-
Here are some cheats taken from http://www.megagames.com: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Doom III Various cheats RELEASE NOTES: Bring the console up with [ctrl+alt+~] and type the following codes in to blowthe monsters back to hell:) aviDemo = make a AVI File Demo movie of your Playing benchmark = Game Benchmark doomhell = Skip all levels to last freeze = Freeze all on screen gfxinfo = Graphicscard infomation god = God mode noclip = No Clip notarget = Invisibility to most enemies com_drawfps 1 = Show FPS give all = Full load of weapons and ammo give doom95 = Load the '95 version of Doom *doesn't work for me* give keys = Acquire all the keys you'll ever need give weapon_machinegun = Machinegun give weapon_shotgun = Shotgun give weapon_plasmagun = Plasmagun give weapon_bfg = BFG give weapon_chainsaw = Chainsaw *alot of fun* give weapon_rocketlauncher = Rocket Launcher status = Your game status *doesn't work for me* quit = Quit aka Exit" -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Gotta love the chainsaw Great fun.
-
No problems with mirror vibrations for me. In the previous ride, the Pulsar SSS, I had a seriously decent sound system. With the volume a little higher than usual, the mirror would do it's own dance and move around all over the place.. Was quite funny to some people who saw it happen for the first time...
-
At the beginning of Doom 3's development they weren't even going to include multiplayer. The game was supposed to be a one player only experience. That said the Multi player is not that bad. The good thing about it is that you can shoot out lights an hide and wait for the opponent. The multiplayer levels are designed for 4 players and it can get hectic. That being said, Quake 4 is apparently coming out pretty soon. That'll make multiplayer fanatics happy. In terms of detail in the game, my system has High as the default (GeForce FX 5950 Card with 256MB). That game does look absolutly brillient. Don't even want to try ultra high detail, because even with my card it may get sluggish or it'll just be more scary.. For those with Medium being the normal setting, should look for some tweaks on some other forums, because there are people out there who have systems that can only handle medium, but with the tweaks they can set it to high detail with no loss in speed. These include extracting the pak files (using winrar), and changing some defaults in one of the config files.. Some sites: (links taken from http://www.actgn.com) http://www.forumplanet.com/planetdoom/topi...733&tid=1438663 http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4547.html (For radeon users) http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessag...&topic=15503352 Just a tip: Do a Timedemo from the console (ctr+alt+~) opens the console then type timedemo demo1.demo and it'll give you the speed of your system. With my settings, 1024x768 High detail with an Athlon XP 3000+ GeForce FX 5950 Ultra 256MB card (over clocked a bit) I get 40.7 fps for the timedemo. My lowend system, Athlon 1.33Ghz with GeForce 4 Ti4400 128MB card get's 20.4fps in the timedemo at 1024x768 Medium detail. I am unsure if the game actually uses full everything for the timedemo or if it depends on your current settings. Most likely the latter. In terms of the chaingun. Just a tip: When you first get it, turn around.....or else could be the result. EDIT: Added links
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.