Jump to content

RSK

Member
  • Posts

    340
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RSK

  1. Wanting confirmation on this aswell. Does it totally elimate flutter? Do you need to run a 38mm plumb back pipe to your Cai, so effectly needing to mod that aswell?
  2. The last 12 months have been the year of the tranny Anyway I won't be able to make this until 9ish, so I hope the cruise is somewhere north at this time
  3. Last I read he was at a party that was gatecrashed by people wanting to bash him and his friends, so he jumped in the car which they then started to chase/pursue leading to the aftermath we see. But let's continue jumping to conclusions without knowing the full story.
  4. Didn't stop you did it
  5. 1.BlueXR6Turbo 2.xr6turbo_chick 3.jeturbo 4.Spoolax 5.Manchie 6.RSK
  6. Big bucket carwash next to bunnings parafield airport
  7. 8.30 Friday night cruise meet point big bucket parafield airport 1. RSK 2. Spoolax 3. Manchie
  8. RSK

    Startup Problem

    I was driving it all day, and it was a hot day 43+, got home at 5pm, car sat for around 4 hours and I started it up 9pm, started ok, drove 5 minutes down the road, turned her off, tried to start it 10 minutes later and just kept dying. I've had a fuel pump installed 2 weeks ago, regapped spark plugs changed 2 weeks ago. This problem has happened occasionally in previous summers, where it almost died/started shuddering, but dieing 5 times is a joke Coolant temp seemed to be around 35-40%
  9. Hey people The other day during really really hot weather (43+) I stopped my car after a 5 minute drive and went to start it, shot up to 1200rpm, and as it came back down/dropped revs it just died. It did this 5 times, before I finally got it to start by giving it a few seconds of throttle after turning the ignition on. It has done this once or twice before over the last week, but I've always managed to start it second time round. It idles fine, and I've cleaned the throttle body. Any ideas, as I don't want this happening again
  10. 8.30 Friday night cruise meet point to be announced 1. RSK 2. Spoolax 3. Manchie
  11. If anyone's down for a cruise this Friday night, meet at say 8.30, let me know. I'm wanting to cruise
  12. if the cars were absolutely identical, the 6spd without a doubt.
  13. What type of plumb back bov are you running, and has it elimated the dose/flutter completly? Is your plumback pipe to the CAI thicker then the standard 25mm?
  14. Don't quote me on this, but more needing clarification as I read it somewhere, but does the BOV need to be mounted as close to the throttle body as possible to get rid of any flutter (as apposed to where the bov's are mounted on these aftermarket cold side pipes) ? I want the induction note, but want the flutter gone.
  15. Okay guys, I've got a full plazmaman 1000hp kit fitted with a 3" intake in a custom airbox where the battery used to sit. Now the question is, It's not plumbed back at the moment, so on the cold side it's just blocked off with no BOV. If I plumb it back will it TOTALLY get rid of the turbo flutter/dose? Love the induction note, but want to get ride of the flutter as it can be heard from blocks away :laughrolling:
  16. F#ck it then chuck it :laughrolling:
  17. Small world. I met her at a cocktail bar many years ago, had my hand down her pants and she said "...and you havn't even bought me a drink yet" Hot bitch that one
  18. Well seeing as Jet and Dazza love the bum we may need to stop off at Madamn Josephines I don't really like the chicks at palace, too posh and snobby, where as the chickies at 108 will probably throw in a free group wristie if we tip em big on the tables Crazy's isn't bad but is always full of asian and indian business men and it kinda smells like curry and pupudums in there.
  19. Just feeling a bit violated that's all. Was kinda hoping for breakfast in bed. Maybe next time
  20. Good cruise, at least what I can remember of it. Last thing I recall was being in Mawson Lakes, then in bloosties car.... Next thing I know I wake up on my front lawn at 9.30am and my pants are missing
  21. I have all 5 on blu-ray and 6 was awesome. Bring on Saw 7
  22. And the pot call's the kettle black yet again
  23. The male/female connector between the 2 can be detatched with a bit of work, or take it to an electrician who should be able to wire up an extension between the two.
  24. I'd beg to differ to the person who said these car's become predictable to drive. I can't speak for the ZF, but stepping into a stock 4spd the car in my opinion was entirely predictable and safe in that the car wouldn't become a handfull in a straight line. It was a different story after an edit, with a touch under 270rwkw things got hairy. Dependant on road grip, the car would twitch and violently "tank slap" at the top of 1st gear, totally unpredictable as it came onto boost. I recall one time it's ass slapped so hard I was thrown against the drivers door and with windows down was almost thrown out. Another time crossing an intersection I had "changed lanes" -taps nose- without indicating before even crossing the intersection. Food for thought when you're young, inexperienced and wanting to line someone up at a set of lights as it can all end wrong very quickly.
  25. Same problem with mine
×
×
  • Create New...