Jump to content

sfr rob

Member
  • Posts

    29
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by sfr rob

  1. Hahahaha. WtF???
  2. Hahaha. Righto. Sounds like a pain in the arse! Where'd you buy the new wheel bearing from? Thanks.
  3. Did you replace the bearings yourself? What was involved? My Terry is vibrating now at much lower speeds. I swear it's a bearing but I cant feel any movement in the wheels when jacked up. Front left does sound average when spinning it while it's on jack stands, and I can hear a strange squeek every now and then when driving at low speeds.
  4. Any updates?
  5. Bloody hell, maybe I should remember that I posted a thread on this forum..... oooops. Yeah, the heat soak is a joke with the standard cooler setup, after a little burn up to the shops and back, I can barely touch the "intercooler" it gets that hot. I was talking to a fella the other day who has a turbo terry which is pumping out over 350kw@ the wheels and he is using a standard BF F6 cooler, apparently it fits straight up. Anyone else using one on their Terry? Plazmaman cooler kits on ebay are going for $2.5k...... To me, that is bloody ridiculously expensive for what it is, but I have no idea about coolers and what they're worth to be honest. Anyway, my Terry is surging like a bastard, changed fuel filter... it fixed it for a day, then it started surging again. Checked piping, one hose was loose on intake side of turbo, that fixed it for a day, then it started surging again.... Replaced wastegate actuator thing, and it fixed it for a day, now it is surging again. Also have a terrible vibration under load at hwy speeds, feels like front left drive shaft is unbalanced. Same guy I spoke to said he's terry chews up drive shafts and he has replaced his transfer case 3 times already and that has solved the issue. Think I will just go the whole hog and drop it off at Nizpro since they're the only AWD dyno around that I know of (S/E suburbs melb ) and get them to sort it all out. I am scared she's gonna go pop when under boost.
  6. Hey guys. I just bought a TT and want to start modding it. I want a front mount cooler and a retune. What front mount cooler is the best for the TT's? Who do you guys recommend to do a retune. I'm in SE Vic. I heard Nizpro have an awd dyno? Cheers Rob
  7. Hey fellas, Im after some guidance and opinions on an Auto conversion for my '06 BF F6 Tornado. What is the list of parts I will need to carry out the conversion, and how much will it cost me, and what could I sell my complete Manual setup for, car has just clicked 30K on the ODO. Cheers
  8. Nice one! As has been said, I'd be chasing up the FPV steering wheel if I were you, they really make a difference to the feel of the car. Oh, and another thing, might sound stupid but: have you pushed the "loud" button on the ICC to see if that makes a difference to the stereo's sound quality?
  9. I have only had the smallest loads in my ute, for instance: 2 push bikes, a suitcase and a car cover. I have trucks to do my carting in, so the ute is just used for pleasure, and I use the tray as a bed to put my swag in. Style side utes aren't for carting crap around in, you need a tray to do some serious hauling with. I forgot to add, only have the ute as it is a good tax deduction in my field of work.
  10. nice one, I am yet to hear what my F6 sounds like from outside the car as well, I must record and post it up here. I was wondering if your car will spin from first into 2nd all the time? Mine does and its only had a K&N filter in it, 6 speed manual also. I want to ditch the rear muffler, do you know if a tune will be needed after removal, or isn't the muffler a big restriction?
  11. yeah the flames are long gone, that was just for easternats.. you know.... something different for his Mrs to get around in. I spoke to a bloke the other day about getting airbags, he has a setup on his ute which cost him 4grand self installed, but that is on a VZ ute. So I am guessing there is far more work in converting a falcon ute to an airbag setup due to the factory leaf spring suspension setup.
  12. Dagabond, I totally agree, now I feel like a spastic when I jump in someone elses car, put the key in then start looking for the starter button, then realise I need to turn the damn key to start it haha. Awesome ute, nice color and good luck keeping it spotless.
  13. Oh Crikey, what a tosser! There is nothing cool about a 6 Cylinder revving it's nuts off... leave it to the 8's I reckon. That reminds me of a bloke I went to crusty demons with here in Calder the other week, against my will I might add. He has a VU S, 2 tone, on its nuts, 20's. and he was doing the same thing, bouncing it off the limiter all night in the car park, on the way in traffic, on the way home, at the same time copping abuse from people because of it. VERY VERY VERY embarrassing and VERY bad for the engine.
  14. Hey I don't know what you mean, BUT..... over the last month I have probably squashed about 30 thousand ants in my ute, I don't know where they are coming from
  15. The tint has flames in them. This was his ute which he incorporated flames from the front of the car into the windows for easter nats last year for his Mrs to cruise around in. You can sorta see the tint in this pic, and the flame pattern used in the windows.
  16. I photoshopped the pic of it, that's why it sits so nice, the wheels are the standard FPV ones, I chopped them to look about 22 inches in diameter. I wish FPV had a wheel that size, 19's just dont cut it these days, although they are the best looking factory wheel out there.
  17. Hey fellas, a mate and I took some photos of our utes the other day. Mine is the BF F6, stock apart from lowering. (APS gear being installed in a couple of weeks) My mates ute is a BA xr8, lowered 20's + red walls, genuine F6 front bar, flamed tint. Both our utes will be used as promotional vehicles for his new custom paint joint he has just opened, so they will both be copping full custom paint and air brushing. Just got to sort out what we want to do as the B series ute's don't lend them selves to 2 tone schemes due to the body lines that don't flow from the cab to the tub. anyway, hope you guys enjoy the pics.
  18. Wow, awesome ute, that engine bay does look rather serious, I wouldn't like to shape up to you at the lights in my little green/yellow thing, it would be rather embarrassing!
  19. It actually sounds really good now apparently, all my mates love it, they kacked them selves when I cruised up the street the other day. I will keep it as is with the BOV removed for now, and chuck the APS gear on her in a couple of weeks. thanks for the info guys, you have really been helpful.
  20. Well, I just did this mod, and was very unhappy with the sound with the Vented BOV.. I didn't want the Pshh noise that it made, so I removed the BOV & blocked everything up and the noise changed to an extended version of the factory tu tu tu tu sound. I am guessing I need a POD filter setup to get the chapel street VL noise I was after. Apparently you can get away with just blocking up the vacuum line ( which now with the bov removed has an 8mm bolt in the end of it ), which I might do after re-installing the BOV again to keep the extended turbo noise. My bum-o-meter has reported a rather noticeable drop in power when its on boost which seems to come on very slowly with both the vented and bov removal and felt much quicker before I removed or blocked anything up. I cant see that the stoppers I installed would leak, they are on each outlet very tight and do not have any holes in them. Shouldn't the boost feel the same either way, Bov on or off?! I triple checked every clamp and made sure everything was on correctly and that there were no boost leaks. While removing the cross over the first time, I noticed EVERY clamp from throttle body to Turbo were LOOSE, meaning I could undo them all with my fingers. I just pulled on the pipe from the cross over to turbo up the top, and it popped out from the turbo on the bottom. Oh well, the APS gear I am getting is now finally ready for me to pick up, so we will see how we go with it because I think it comes with a different BOV and may be close to the noise I am after.
  21. http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.ph...st&id=36222 Is this picture relevant for what I want to do, the BOV looks different, I think its one of those monza ones?
  22. Just to let you know, its the stock item, car is completely stock apart from K&N at this stage. Do I remove the cross over pipes remove the BOV completely, plug the holes that are left open and that's it? What about that little hose, I think it's called the vacuum hose. As you can tell.. I don't know too much about these things. Venting the BOV, what would that require, I went through the other thread in here but, it still doesn't make much sense to me.
  23. Fair enough, can you help us out and answer my question though?
  24. Searched, and found plenty of info, but not really what I was after. I want to get the Fully Hectic noise just for sh*ts and giggles till my APS stuff arrives. Is it as simple as clamping that little hose that comes off it in the middle, can I unplug one end of it and jam a screw in there, if so , what end? OR do I remove the BOV all together and plug the holes up with the 1 inch chair leg stoppers, I bought some today. Anyone able to give me some detailed instructions on how to do this without busting something?
  25. You do wear your underwear on the outside after all..... Love the BOV as well mate, sounds awesome.... reading up on what you have done to your beast now.
×
×
  • Create New...