Yea mate looks the goods! Post up a pic when you get it all sprayed. Are you going to get the inserts sprayed a different colour or just spray the whole bar one colour? Think you might need a massive rapid cooler to fill that space mate...hehe :popcorn:
Mostly the front bar mate, I'd love to go lower on the rears so that the rim just sits on the guard but ive got a steep driveway and my exhaust bottoms out!
Heres my T, SSL's all round, id like it lower but anymore it would scrape everywhere. Sorry guys ive got no part numbers as it was a while ago I got them done...
Go the SSL's all round mate and 17's shouldnt give any problem, I did and I get a little scraping underneath the front bar but no where near enough to crack it. I say go for it, keeping in mind my car sits on 20's. I paid 400 bucks about a year and a half ago...
I think you might be up for a bit of cash there mate as they would probably have to respray part of the rim, at a guess maybe $300? I got quoted $1200 all rims when I had my 18's so instead what I did was I got some sandpaper disks (8 courses from rough to fine x4 for 4 rims ) and did it myself with a electric sander then polished with autosol or mothers. It worked really well it was just time consuming. If you dont wana spend that type of cash, what you could do is buy the disks and just sand back (from course to fine) a small dint and see what the outcome is, you would need to do it by hand as its only the outside of the rim. This info might not be much use to you but id thought id put it out there anyway.
Hey mate yea I run the exact same tyre\rim size, the only thing I'd recommend is rolling the front guards, im not sure about other peoples experiences but I found out the hard way when the tyre bent my front guard inside out
I have a BA MKII and mine couldnt even hold 250rwkw on a makeshift tune, and as Chris said it also depends on the state of car. My mates car was running 294rwkw in a BA MKI and was holding boost ok, its the luck of the draw really. The best thing to do is tune and find out whether they are floating or not. What sort of power are you chasing?
IMO mate they look cheap and from a guess they are made with cheap ass plastic. If you still have the details from the bloke that you bought them from see if you can get them replaced, or even get your money back and as you said put them towards some BF ones? Im sure you wouldnt have any trouble getting a refund, they sold you a defective product. Good luck with it anyway!
What they all said, its the same philospohy as an xr6t and a phoon, if you custom tune the xr6t, it should be more powerful than the stock phoon. As said above, CAI, injectors and custom tune would eat a stock F6x. Get busy Ant!
Nice mate, ive got those rims too but in 20's...I think they look better in the flesh than in photos though! Getting white walls done next week which will hopefully set them off
Since July 08 it is PROHIBITED for a P plater to drive a V8, turbocharged or supercharged vehicle, regardless of whether the car abides by the old power to weight rule. This applies throughout your entire probationary period. Sorry buddy, I'd be looking at alternative options! If you get caught its 3 demerit points and up to a $1000 fine.
Hey Brett, its great to see that you are chasing up unhappy customers I think it shows great professionalism, and on that note, im looking for a re-tint on my XR, it only has the standard factory tint and it is starting to bubble. Would you able to PM me a cost to re-do the whole car? FYI its a BA sedan.
Hey mate, I was actually looking at cams earlier this evening! I dont believe you'll have to upgrade your valve springs but I can guarantee you will need a custom tune. You'll be looking at a minimum of at least $1200 for the cam + a tune, plus the labour to install the cam, I couldnt even give you a rough estimate on a cost for that. It sounds verrrry verrrry tough though for an n\a, it could easily be mistaken for an 8 or a worked T... Ive uploaded a vid of an n\a with the crow cam you are looking at: Let us all know how much it would cost in total and what work needs to be done. Good luck with it!
Haha mikey's just disappointed he cant get in on the action Yea James I always see you at the last minute and this time I saw you coming so I thought id get out the window and make the most of it!