New fuel injectors

• Member For: 9m 24d

Hi, just a question, I have a bad injector on number 5 cylinder (picked it up in live data with xtool) I have had the larger injectors for about 5 months now and just wanted to some input.

I was going to put the 1250cc injectors in and put the recommended voltages in and reduce the fuel pressure to 3bar. Should these just run like stock injectors till I get it tuned?

I still have a little way to go before I go to the tuner. I did search for this question but the answer I wanted to find wasn't there.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 3m 16d

Extremely unlikely to run like stock injectors... I wouldn't even try something like changing any injector(s) until I was at the tuner.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 5m 27d

If you drop it to 1 bar it might run ok. Better to just swap out the stuffed stock injector, they are dime a dozen and someone will probably sell you a set for next to nothing.

• Member For: 9m 24d

I guess it might have to be another stock injector. Well I'm pretty positive it's the injector. I put new plugs in and gapped them to .7 still ran the same, swapped coils with cylinder 1 was still the same. Very noticeable on the graph when reving, holding 2000rpm levels out but some exaust popping, taking my foot off the throttle after holding revs the graph on number 5 goes crazy unless I got a bad plug ? Double checked fuel pressure and it's 4bar with out vacum connected. It's not picking up any codes except p0420 and that's cause my cats been taken out

Screenshot_20240403_134425_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240403_135122_Gallery.jpg

I should also mention these both were in drive, first graph idle in drive and second was braking and accelerating loading the car up at around 1800rpm and taking foot off the loud pedal

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 5m 27d

You can swap one injector for another for a quick sanity check. You may as well just chuck another second hand one in there while you're at it, its up to you how you approach it.