Joenash85 Member 58 Member For: 6y 1m 24d Posted 03/09/22 02:16 AM Posted 03/09/22 02:16 AM Hey all, I'm hoping to be able to get some help, I need to take my sump off for reasons, and I don't want to take the engine out, is there a trick to getting it out?, I have the sump off the engine, but not out, I have the engine lifted up, the gearbox lifted up a little, but the sump still seems to want an extra couple of inches before it will slide out
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 7d Gender: Not Telling Posted 03/09/22 02:53 AM Posted 03/09/22 02:53 AM So the engine is off the mounts obviously? You can drop the front subframe to get more clearance. Leave the back of the subframe attached slightly so you don't have to frig around lining it up again. You should get 6 or so inches in the front pretty easily.
Joenash85 Member 58 Member For: 6y 1m 24d Posted 03/09/22 04:19 AM Author Posted 03/09/22 04:19 AM So just undo the front few bolts in the sub frame?, does this include the sway bar?
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 7d Gender: Not Telling Posted 03/09/22 04:25 AM Posted 03/09/22 04:25 AM Eh can't remember if the sway bar gets undone, I had to lower the subframe on my territory to get the sump out in the driveway and this was how I did it. Once the back is loose the front can angle down a whole lot. Keep a jack under the front obviously and let it down a bit at a time to keep everything happy. If you're using a hoist then drop the whole thing down onto a workbench.
Joenash85 Member 58 Member For: 6y 1m 24d Posted 03/09/22 04:27 AM Author Posted 03/09/22 04:27 AM Na, no hoist, all shed, I only have an engine hoist
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 7d Gender: Not Telling Posted 03/09/22 04:56 AM Posted 03/09/22 04:56 AM I know I took a pic of mine but fark me if I can find it. But yeah if you only need a couple of inches then dropping the subframe would be my bet. It's not as hard as you think it might be, there's just a few nuts and bolts and that's it.
Joenash85 Member 58 Member For: 6y 1m 24d Posted 03/09/22 05:14 AM Author Posted 03/09/22 05:14 AM You sure about that, got some big ass nuts that my rattle gun can't seem to undo
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,118 Member For: 18y 5m 26d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 03/09/22 05:19 AM Posted 03/09/22 05:19 AM penetrating fluid, let it sit, use a breaker bar. 1
Joenash85 Member 58 Member For: 6y 1m 24d Posted 03/09/22 05:20 AM Author Posted 03/09/22 05:20 AM Got one, breaker bar ftw 1
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 7d Gender: Not Telling Posted 03/09/22 05:21 AM Posted 03/09/22 05:21 AM Haha typed this out before you replied Yeah man I'm real sure. Juice im up like keef said then get a lever onto it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now