Map sensor code P0107

jas98

• Member For: 11y 8m 6d

Hi all. Ba xr6 turbo

Have changed the map sensor about a year ago with a tridom one ..one on it had 355000ks so though why not 

Anyway.

Other day while drive and slowed for a corner and as I was "rolling" into corner and just gave it a slight bit of throttle while comming out of corner engine kinda felt like lost allllllll power for a split second. Then today did same but only for a split second. Also traction control is on yes but this is completely different to what that feels like.

Decided to check what forscan says and it came with a MAP sensor code P0107. So cleared it and drove round block but didn't return...yet. bit when I checked with forscan when I programmed keys a couple months back I reset all codes etc and this code was never one of the codes (none in PCM then anyway)

anyway if map sensor is faulty can it do that? It is also kinda useing allot more fuel however I have been driveing it allot harder lately.

Cheers

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

Yes, those things can happen with a dodgy calibration/setup of a MAP sensor. I wouldn't be using an aftermarket map sensor unless you've had a tune to suit it's calibration specifically. Go and get an OEM T-MAP sensor and replace it, imho.

Cheers. Yeah I will be. Just waiting innit to arrive .

One thing I noticed was when I checked it with forscan while idleing the bolts were .3 to .5 bolts and with a stab on the accelerator it only went up to like .8 to 1 volt 

I'm guessing this is tell tail sighn aswell as it being bad.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Maybe not mate, the range of the stock tmap is nearly 23psi at max voltage so a quick stab will only be a small amount of volts. See how ya go with your genuine replacement when it arrives.

That's true. New one should get here Wednesday hopefully.

Car still drives etc.

However sometimes it want to stall all of a sudden waiting at lights or while comming out of a corner and accelerating. 

I did check the volts on a mates ba xr6t at idle and his was .7/.8 and with stab on accelerator is was 1.2v.

But yeah I'd say his is genuine sensor.