Territory Turbo Oil Warning Light

Turbo Terra

• Member For: 3y 11m 7d

My Territory Turbo’s oil warning light and alarm keeps coming on when I back off and or at idle. My last oil change I used Mobil 1, 5w - 50. Could this be the issue or is it something else? 

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

sounds like you didn't put enough oil in or the system is not getting enough pressure... take it back to whoever did the oil change and get them to be sure of it... but if you did it then make sure you put in the right amount of oil and all of the things you undid that they are done up... sump plug etc.

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

Check the turbo oil filter its before the oil pressure switch in the turbo.  Sort it quickly or you will have a dead turbo. 

• Thanks 1

• Member For: 3y 11m 7d

I have checked and re checked the amount of oil and its right, and there is no leaks. Its going in for a service tomorrow so Ill get them to check the turbo oil filter. Thanks guys. 

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 14y 7m 6d
On 21/04/2020 at 6:49 PM, arronm said:

Check the turbo oil filter its before the oil pressure switch in the turbo.  Sort it quickly or you will have a dead turbo. 

This 100% our 2007 would throw an oil light on and off very so often and the oil was always fine, no leaks etc. Got our local mechanic to look at it and after some research came across the issue mainly on turbo Falcons where the small inline filter gets clogged and stops oil flow to the turbo and it goes  😲

Luckily the Terra T seems to be routed differently as it sets off the warning light whereas from reading about the Falcon issues the 1st you know is when your turbo dies 😰

• Like 1