Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 8y 25d
Posted

Hi all.

 

Having trouble finding E85 that's over about 78% Ethanol from United.

Does anyone have any experience in some decent stuff?

I haven't tried Just Fuels in Sunshine yet.

 

Cheers

Hunt

  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 18y 5m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

from all of my experience with E85 in Melbourne it's all around the 85% mark at United's... are you sure it's not your measurement device that's a little off?

  • Member
  • Member For: 8y 25d
Posted
Hmmm. I hope it's not the measuring device. It's a brand new Innovate Motorsports one.
I've got some graduated glass cylinders so I'll do some testing of my local United.
  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 18y 5m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

alright... hopefully they haven't dropped off their percentages... surely we'd have heard about it if they did.

  • Is on holiday from communism
  • Member
  • Member For: 7y 8m 27d
  • Gender: Female
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

Most people dont have gauges or sensors that show ethanol content. Like me,  I just fill up United e85, get tune, go fast, fill up. Do skids, fill up. Blow something up, blame skids. Not fuel. But hopefully United hasn't got slack and dropped their ethanol content. Does ethanol content change if it sits for a long time?

  • Like 2
  • Member
  • Member For: 8y 25d
Posted
Yes. As it absorbs moisture the ethanol % reading will go down. Weather or not having water in the fuel actually changes how the fuel performs, I do not know.
United only guarantee over 70% for their E85 apparently.
  • Dropping a turd
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 11m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

91 in perth. 

NMPfQP8.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Is on holiday from communism
  • Member
  • Member For: 7y 8m 27d
  • Gender: Female
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

91 unleaded. I'm impressed, Perth has come a long way.

  • Haha 2
  • Dropping a turd
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 11m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted (edited)

We only have united.  E85. 107. Race blend. 

Edited by arronm

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...