Radiator suggestions

K4L4M1TY

• Member For: 5y 1m 25d

Hey all, I was out yesterday and when I parked my car(BF XR6T) I heard a lovely loud noise from the radiator area after it was off but thought maybe due to the recent hot days it was just the fans on high. When I got home I thought I had better investigate so popped the bonnet and noticed it was a sizzling sound and that there was a small amount of coolant burning off on top of my radiator so I assume I have a hole or crack in my radiator. I also noticed that my overflow bottle was very low, I had been watching my temp gauge sit just under half but I notice that happens when I'm stuck in traffic or giving it some beans so not quite overheating yet.

So I'm on the hunt for a new radiator and may as well look at a trans cooler at the same time as I have planned to do a tans oil  change too. Been looking around and see plenty of cheaper radiators online, especially all alloy ones which I assume is a better option than a factory one again. Been looking at the forums etc for any experience with the ebay ones such as the gpi advertised ones but can't find much. I would imagine since it has been some years since a lot of the mposts here that people would have used these a bit more now and looking for any information/experiences with them. I know that PWR and possibly Plazmaman make the top quality ones but I'm not really ready to spend a thousand on a radiator.

Any suggestions would be great as it's my daily at the moment and would like to get it sorted sooner rather then later.

Edited by K4L4M1TY

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m 18d
On 14/11/2019 at 5:03 PM, OZYWALKER said:

Fenix
They make a 32mm heavy duty one that is a direct fit.
Factory is 20 something mm.

Will there be enough room in there to fit this behind the bigger coolers?

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 23d

Yep.  Radiator width goes from 26 - 32mm.  So SFA difference but the extra width goes towards the motor so fits easy.  It a bit of a squeeze but I fitted 50mm to my F6

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 18d
Will there be enough room in there to fit this behind the bigger coolers?
Direct fit.
They use basically factory style end tanks. It's not a full alloy radiator. And fits straight up.

Their full alloy radiator are a tight fit though.

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 23d

Yes  and no. I just added 3mm of washers so the rad did not rub on my nizpro cooler.Was  really a straight drop in, BUT I like things perfect.  My rad is fenix full Ali. Fenix dont make an Ali one for FG no more. But I reckon you could mod a BA BF one to fit. Or just by a full Ali one from PWR. My BF F6 Pwr is 42mm and 13 years old and my BA F6 50mm Fenix is 6 years old. No issues with each and keeps the cars nice and cool.