Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 5m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Wollongong
Posted

Morning all,

 

I have a quick question, does anyone know who or where Ford had their upholstery made for the B series, particularly FPV? Alternatively, does anyone know of any reputable trimmers in Sydney who could replicate OEM finish of FPV fat grip/chunky steering wheel?

 

Thanks in advance.

  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 18y 5m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

that's a good question... not a lot of people like to do upholstery work on their own cars, so there's not a lot of info around this forum... if it was me, I'd be ringing around to any trimmer/upholsterer to see if they'd do it, because if they know about the request in this case, I'd assume they'd know how to actually get the job done, too, as it's probably a fairly unique request.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 10y 1m 13d
Posted
2 hours ago, el-dub801 said:

Morning all,

 

I have a quick question, does anyone know who or where Ford had their upholstery made for the B series, particularly FPV? Alternatively, does anyone know of any reputable trimmers in Sydney who could replicate OEM finish of FPV fat grip/chunky steering wheel?

 

Thanks in advance.

 

Any good upholstery guy will be able to do what you want and there are a lot of good upholstery people in Sydney 

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 5m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Wollongong
Posted

Thanks for the replies gents!

 

I’ve had countless trim repairs done over the years but none really stood out as great quality work unfortunately. I’d have a crack at it myself, because most of the intricate stuff is hand sewn, but that damn chunky grip has some serious contours to it and could be a bit tricky.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 12y 6m 1d
Posted

The original wheel would have been supplied by roman autotec (RAT global now) they sometimes have specials on their website of old stock (I bought a blue leather steering wheel for my AU years ago) Worth a look

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...