richdave SLOJAM, Gone but not forgotten Legacy Donating Member 1,841 Member For: 23y 11m 20d Gender: Male Location: Outer east - Melbourne Posted 29/02/04 09:23 PM Posted 29/02/04 09:23 PM I had a similar problem on my PC recently....I installed the drive into another system and made it a slave drive. It turned out that the boot sector was stuffed as was the OS but the file structure was still intact so I was able to access the data and recover all files on it.Good luck.
CJF077 The Noble Leader Administrator 4,792 Member For: 23y 11m 18d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Australia Posted 29/02/04 10:16 PM Posted 29/02/04 10:16 PM G'day all,I am finally back in the country, and once again enjoying the power of the T.Anyway, so I download all my holiday snaps onto my PC, and am glad most of them turned out OK. But, what should happen next? You guessed it: I go to start up my PC the next day and, uh oh, major f_cking problems - can't even load windows (xp) in safe mode. Various diagnostic tests confirm that the hard drive is rooted, or at least no longer easily accessible. So, if I want my holiday snaps (no back-up at all) and other important files back, I need to get someone to recover the data for me. Can anyone out there recommend a good company in the Sydney region?Ta I can do it for you if you send me the hard disk..
aniken I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it Legacy Donating Member 4,316 Member For: 23y 9m 10d Gender: Male Location: Sydney, south west Posted 29/02/04 10:37 PM Author Posted 29/02/04 10:37 PM There are no physical problems with the drive - no clicking or anything like that. I have already bought a new one, and tried to access the old one by setting it up as a slave. However, my PC says the drive is unformatted, and so is not cooperating in accessing the files. Some of my data is backed up, but the holiday snaps definitely were not
KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 3m Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 29/02/04 10:39 PM Posted 29/02/04 10:39 PM I can do it for you if you send me the hard disk.. Onya Chris ...
aniken I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it Legacy Donating Member 4,316 Member For: 23y 9m 10d Gender: Male Location: Sydney, south west Posted 07/03/04 01:27 AM Author Posted 07/03/04 01:27 AM Update:Holiday photos are now recovered (mostly), directly from the camera.Still working on the hard drive, although I have managed to recover some of my extensive collection of pron.Thanks for all your advice.
voy74656 voy74656 Member 2,039 Member For: 22y 10m 13d Location: Adelaide Posted 07/03/04 01:48 AM Posted 07/03/04 01:48 AM as in pron u mean your T after a fresh bubble bath.....
aniken I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it Legacy Donating Member 4,316 Member For: 23y 9m 10d Gender: Male Location: Sydney, south west Posted 07/03/04 02:30 AM Author Posted 07/03/04 02:30 AM as in pron u mean your T after a fresh bubble bath..... ummm... yeah, that's right : :banghead:
KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 3m Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 07/03/04 10:36 AM Posted 07/03/04 10:36 AM as in pron u mean your T after a fresh bubble bath..... ummm... yeah, that's right : weirdos!!!
voy74656 voy74656 Member 2,039 Member For: 22y 10m 13d Location: Adelaide Posted 07/03/04 10:54 AM Posted 07/03/04 10:54 AM weirdos...pffffft
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now