Dean01 New Member 12 Member For: 8y 9m Gender: Male Posted 07/05/18 03:37 AM Posted 07/05/18 03:37 AM Probably been asked before .... will an NA Xr6 tailshaft bolt to a turbo Xr6 car is a btr box and iv got an na tailshaft lined up till I buy an upgraded one from hardy spicer.
masda74 To Loud Legacy Donating Member 4,114 Member For: 14y 9m 29d Gender: Male Location: WA, Perth Posted 07/05/18 05:28 AM Posted 07/05/18 05:28 AM I am not sure if it fits or not. I do know that the NA tail shaft is not as beefy as the XR6T and so it can't handle the torque. Why would you risk it though. all it would take is for you to give it a squirt once and the tail shaft would shred itself. That would take out the fuel line and brake lines as well. that would cost even more to get repair/replaced. Just saying
El Andrew Legacy Donating Member 2,040 Member For: 11y 5m 6d Gender: Male Location: Canberra ACT Posted 07/05/18 05:46 AM Posted 07/05/18 05:46 AM I think he just means he wants to keep the car moving on the cheap while he waits for a better tailshaft.If it fits, I can't see why it wouldn't be fine even under reasonable acceleration, as long as he didn't do stupid launches or skids.
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 5d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 07/05/18 05:58 AM Posted 07/05/18 05:58 AM I broke an na half shaft stalling a car against the convertor Was stationary in my driveway at the time Made from high grade Swiss cheese 1
Dean01 New Member 12 Member For: 8y 9m Gender: Male Posted 07/05/18 08:15 AM Author Posted 07/05/18 08:15 AM Just want to get the car on the road as I need to get to work ..... so they do bolt straight up Ralph???
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now