Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 11d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 25/08/04 02:53 AM Posted 25/08/04 02:53 AM Just FYI,On my last service, the docket stated "Super S 10W40". Upon asking, I got the same deal: "Well, the book says 15W40, but we use a special synthetic blend that we buy in bulk". So, no closer to a definite answer! turkey101 Turkey long time to make the first post.enjoy your time here Ken oooooh Kennnn , lookee I found a newbie :lol:
rusht Member 198 Member For: 22y 2m 29d Posted 25/08/04 04:34 AM Posted 25/08/04 04:34 AM Ken oooooh Kennnn , lookee I found a newbie :lol: I feel like cheap sport...On the topic though, my service receipt also stated 10w30 and thanks to this forum I questioned it. The dealer agreed that it was supposed to be 15w40 but that it was only an admin error on the service receipt. After long discussion they (apparently) changed it for 15w40. They were either messy or clever enough to spill oil on the engine.
rex13bt Member 38 Member For: 22y 8m 27d Posted 25/08/04 10:38 AM Posted 25/08/04 10:38 AM Bring this subject up again to find out how U guys find the synthetic oil that is being used.I am using BP Visco 5000 a 5w-40 Synthetic that came 2nd in a Head to Head Oil Test, details herewww.performanceoilnews.com/oils_against_oils.shtmlCheers. Ah yes, many people seem to stumble across this article. There are way too may issue with the test procedure to mention. I would not judge the performance of any oil based on these results. This test was carried out some time ago and I have spoken to technical representatives from two of the oil companies represented, one of which was present for some of the testing. At the time he did voice some of his concerns, however as the oil from his company performed quite well he didn’t push the issue.
JoeG Member 92 Member For: 22y 5m 17d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 25/08/04 11:56 PM Posted 25/08/04 11:56 PM Guys,I have been told that this stuff is the best and out performs any of the "mass produced" oils out there. Go to the website below and check it out...its apparently the ducks guts as used by drag racers everywhere.http://www.ulx110.com/
Grass Legacy Donating Member 447 Member For: 22y 7m 14d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 25/04/05 10:27 AM Posted 25/04/05 10:27 AM Ken oooooh Kennnn , lookee I found a newbie :lol:I feel like cheap sport...On the topic though, my service receipt also stated 10w30 and thanks to this forum I questioned it. The dealer agreed that it was supposed to be 15w40 but that it was only an admin error on the service receipt. After long discussion they (apparently) changed it for 15w40. They were either messy or clever enough to spill oil on the engine.Gee that sounds very familiar to me as well....Admin error on Service reciepts seem to be a common thing at Ford and they wonder why we opt to have someone other than ford service our cars
lucifers xr6t Legacy Donating Member 57 Member For: 21y 11m 6d Location: Melbourne Posted 14/06/05 12:20 AM Posted 14/06/05 12:20 AM Hi GuysAny suggestions on best suited oil for a XR6T with APS phase 11, and how often should you be changing it?
1ute Legacy Donating Member 195 Member For: 21y 9m 29d Location: Canberra Posted 14/06/05 01:38 AM Posted 14/06/05 01:38 AM Hi GuysAny suggestions on best suited oil for a XR6T with APS phase 11, and how often should you be changing it?I was told to change oil anywhere from 5000 to 8000km but now I'm up to 11000.I would also like to hear sugestions on oil type.
hafadude Legacy Donating Member 245 Member For: 21y 4m 17d Gender: Male Location: Cairns Qld Posted 21/06/05 10:36 AM Posted 21/06/05 10:36 AM Hi Guys,Have a look at some of thr other forums on oils. I made a few postings on "oil's is oils?" I was told to use 15/40 LPG oil with the Ford brand but Valvoline also makes the same type of oil. Don't know who really makes the Ford brand but I'm sure it ain't Ford!
TheTaipan Member 25 Member For: 22y 1m 10d Posted 21/06/05 10:43 AM Posted 21/06/05 10:43 AM Hi Guys,Have a look at some of thr other forums on oils. I made a few postings on "oil's is oils?" I was told to use 15/40 LPG oil with the Ford brand but Valvoline also makes the same type of oil. Don't know who really makes the Ford brand but I'm sure it ain't Ford! <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ford use a Castrol product not commercially available - but remarkably close to Magnatec in its performance.
Xtreme F6 Team Xtreme Legacy Donating Member 1,680 Member For: 21y 7m 22d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 10/07/05 02:19 AM Posted 10/07/05 02:19 AM So I was looking up what oils they recommend as a mate of mine has said its the castrol 10/60 R .... looks like hes right.......... strange
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now